Join Vitals today and help us to empower everyone to shop for their health care like an expert. There are no better companies better positioned to do this than Vitals and we’re looking for good, passionate product professionals to execute on this mission.
We will do this by creating an efficient health care marketplace for consumers – making them aware of the cost, quality and availability of health care provider options.
We bring together the pieces needed for consumers to become experts — actionable data, digital tools, analytics, choice algorithms and cash incentives. Often, saving them meaningful $$$ in the process. And we deliver these capabilities to America’s Health Plans, an Enterprise market that we see as the best opportunity to affect the greatest amount of change in healthcare.
The VitalsChoice Cost Transparency Product Manager reports into the VP of Product Management and works closely with their Product Management and User Experience colleagues. Working in our NYC office, you will be co-located within a microcosm of the larger company and be able to collaborate with engineering, QA and knowledgeable customer facing implementation people.
As a Product Manager at Vitals, you will be asked to own your product areas and be responsible for delivering against the full spectrum of product management responsibilities. We are Agile-Scrum-Kanban in our development approach and Pragmatic Marketing in our product approach. As a part of the product team, you will be integral to the idea-generation, design, testing, and development process.
You will be responsible to:
- Derive Insight: You will use your strong communication and analytical (both qualitative and quantitative) skills to derive insight from the market, from internal SMEs and from site analytics. You will use your creativity and hunger for insights to find ways to uncover the most critical problems for your product areas to address.
- Synthesize Findings: You will synthesize your learnings to inform a meaningful, rational and realizable product plan (roadmap) that you will validate by gaining evidence to support. You are capable of representing your thinking and findings in many ways including flow charts, personas, epics & user stories, presentations, light weight business cases and/or any other means necessary to convey your ideas and engage others.
- Solve Problems: You will NOT have all the answers to solve the problems that you prioritize, but you will be amazing at working cross functionally and as part of an integrated team of U/X and Engineering to collaboratively and iteratively solve the problems. You understand the balance between getting to market quickly to create impact while ensuring the solution is meaningful and hits the mark.
- Manage Full Lifecycle: Guiding the innovation of your product areas through biweekly development sprints is a means but not the end. You understand that delivering your meaningful innovations to market require a thoughtful launch plan that ensures the organization is ready to scale delivery to the market. This means working with services, marketing, sales and our customers directly.
- Evangelize Product: You know that your product’s success is dependent upon your approach that you take ownership and accountability, but also knowing that you work within the construct of an organization and team that supports you. Your verbal, written and presentation skills are excellent and you know how to use them to enroll others and evangelize your product within and outside the company.
- Act Synergistically: You make others around you better. Its not always about you and your product but about the team and how the team collectively innovates and builds a market leading experience.
- 5+ years in software product management with a demonstrated set of experiences along the product management continuum.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex information and problems and a strong foundation in math and/or statistics.
- Experience with Agile-Scrum development methodologies.
- The ideal candidates will have a competency in healthcare, healthcare technologies and/or business intelligence/analytics, search and consumer shopping experiences.
To Apply, please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com