Dentists

Oakland-Winchell
1900 Whites Rd
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
269-382-0482
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Pain Minimized:
Satisfaction:
 |  Patient  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2013

Drove all the way to Kzoo this morning to take Sharon for her 8:00 am oral surgery consultation.......... We were late because I couldn't figure out which of the 6 medical compounds housed this specific doctor and had to call for clarification. When we arrived I checked in (at 8:07) and was told we were more than 5 minutes late and needed to reschedule because they had an 8:20 appt coming in soon. Then I was told they never received the paperwork they sent me a month ago that i was supposed to mail back in their pre addressed envelope at least a week before her appointment. The nurse (not the obviously embarrassed receptionist) was rude when I asked her to check again because I KNOW I sent it back the day after I received it. It could not be located and she didn't have an answer when I asked her why I was told I didnt need to bring anything with me when I asked yesterday when they called to confirm the appointment. I asked to be directed to the... restroom while they rescheduled the appointment so I could change my grandson's diaper and was told they do not have baby changing facilities. I handed him off to Sharon to change him in the truck while I filled out another set of paperwork so they had it before I left. At 8:13 the 8:20 appointment walked in. I heard him ask the receptionist how long his appointment would last. She told him 30 minutes. At 8:15 they called him back and he walked out at 8:25. When I handed the nurse Sharon's paperwork I asked if they could squeeze her in considering I had to take time off work and drove 53 minutes one way to get there. I didnt think it should have been a problem since the 8:20 appt got in and out early and she told me no! By my calculations there was still 25 minutes until their next appt. Sharon only needed a 20 min appt.To top it all off, Sharon came back in with Wyatt to wash her hands after changing him and throw away his diaper. She was asked to dig his diaper back out of the trash because they didnt want diapers in their trash cans. I was so proud of Sharon for responding maturely and respectfully.....which is way more than I can say for the behavior of the nurse. After this morning's experience, I will be finding another oral surgeon. Id rather pay out of pocket than risk ending up in jail over Sharon's wisdom teeth! Congratulations Dr. Hyland! You have officially earned 1st Place in the categories of "Rudest Nurse" and "Least Family Friendly Office"!

|  show details