Dr. Mark Lantzy Is this you?

Satisfaction

Have you seen Dr. Mark Lantzy?

July 20th, 2016

Not good for special needs

My son has autism and we began seeing Dr. Lantzy a few years ago. Initially we were really impressed with the care and attention to making our son comfortable. Today we had a hygenist that not only told my VERY literal, VERY anxious child that he had bugs in his mouth she continued to show him repeatedly how he should be brushing and continued rubbing a toothbrush around his already sore gums. He told her "ow" and made noises to indicate pain and she simply said, "oh you're just being silly". I asked her to stop the cleaning. We'd been there nearly 45 mins (not easy for a child with autism) when the doc came and proceeded to chastise my parenting for not getting my sons teeth brushed at night (you know, after work and ABA and OT and PT and Speech and Psych appts...ensuring that a child exhausted from the day brush his highly sensitive mouth...) I nodded and he told me he didn't believe I would do what was best for my son. I could see my son visibly shaking from anxiety and cold and asked that we please go...dr wanted to know what was wrong. When I tried to quietly whisper to him what the hygenist had already put my son through he told me I could sign papers to have my son transferred to another dentist. Not sign at all that he was concerned my son had been upset and hurt and made to feel even more anxious about the dentist at the hands of his staff. HIGHLY disappointed.

November 3rd, 2015

BEWARE of extra costs on routine cleanings

GOT CHARGED ON A ROUTINE APPOINTMENT. I took my children to this particular dentist for the first time since I saw some good reviews. Had to schedule pretty far out in advance since we were first time patients, and that is unfortunately typical of most dentists. When we got there everything seemed to go well: nice environment, the lady at the front desk was friendly and they had a nice area for my waiting children to play. Here is where the ONE STAR comes. My young daughter was ONLY there for a cleaning. He "found" roughly $2000 worth of dental work. I got a SECOND opinion from another dentist and confirmed what they "found" was over the top. THEN they billed me for X-Rays that I was NOT aware of. This should have been a 100% COVERED appointment but apparently the dentist "decided" these X-Rays were "necessary". So BEWARE of EXTRA costs on "routine" cleanings and get a SECOND opinion when much, costly dental work is suggested.

November 19th, 2013

Not sympathetic to the sensitive child.

My boys have both been to Dr Lantzy sense they were old enough to go to the dentist. They are now 11 and 8. Although my oldest child is calm and relaxed at the dentist, my younger son feels a lot of anxiety when his teeth are cleaned. I will no longer take my children to Dr. Lantzy. There was not a shred of empathy or understanding to the comfort level of my child during his last visit. First they immediately spoke at him in a harsh manner, without even discussing the issue with me. Then they told me he was "faking" the pain he felt. Despite the blood that was visible, not once did the hygentist or Dr. Lantzy attempt to approach my son with a kind word. I agree whole heartedly he needed to get control of his emotions and let the hygentist proceed, but poking him on the head to get him to stop is completely inappropriate! Dr. Lantzy proceeded to inform me of how I need to parent my child and then asked me if there was something wrong with him. Dr. Lantzy is a dentist, not a therapist, pediatrician, school teacher or pastor. I did not go to him seeking advice on my child's emotions or my parenting abilities. I went there for him to simply clean their teeth! He should respect other people more as well as staying out of the unsolicited "advice" buisness.

May 4th, 2012

Dr. Lantzy, in my opinion, is hands down the BEST pediatric dentist in the area. I bring both my kids, ones 12 and the other is 4, and his bedside manner with both ages just amazes me. My daughter is very difficult when it comes to oral hygeine but with Dr Lantzy, she never fusses and always leaves with a good experience. I would recommend him highly to anyone with children.

July 1st, 2015

April 20th, 2015

October 1st, 2014

June 9th, 2014

• Nearby Dentists

Dr. Mark Lantzy is similar to the following 3 Dentists near Roanoke, TX.

• Dr Reena Kuba