Dentists

1344 S Chambers Rd
Ste 102
Aurora, CO 80017
303-338-2004
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Pain Minimized:
Satisfaction:
 |  BEST DENTIST EVER  |  show details
by Yvonne on Jul 1st, 2014

These reviews are so puzzling to me. I have had Dr Chang as my dentist for years while he was in Virginia, and found he , his wife and all his assistants, bar none, to be exceptional. I have missed him so much, that I have been reluctant to go to his successor, though I must. His new equipment that some seem to deride, allowed him to diagnose the root cause of a problem I was having, one which had me going for a second opinion at Johns Hopkins hospital. His modern technology allowed me to have all my problems dealt with, and for the first time in decades, I have dental health I am very proud of. I miss his wife and her most calming and friendly personality, but fortunately, my daughter is living in CO, and I have just called to inform her of this, and she will be going to see him there. I am fully qualified to make this recommendation. I went for a year straight to have my procedures and know better than most the quality of service provided.

|  Terrible experience.  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

I would avoid this dental clinic at all cost. Go somewhere else! Not Dr. Michael Wonsuk Chang (Appalachian Dental).

|  Terrible experience.  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

|  Appalachian Dental Very bad service; kept pushing to sell unnecessary services for high cost.  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

Appalachian Dentalappalachiandental.comappalachiandental.netwww.appalachiandental.orgwww.appalachiandentalva.comIf you're thinking to go to this dentist then you'll loose your money and precious time. My issues are not addressed even after I paid thousands of dollars and spent 6 months. Dr.Chang squeezes every penny of you for his shoddy work. I wouldn't have gone to him if there were feedbacks on Yelp and Google back in last April. He'll charge unnecessary services and ask you pay for them even it fails. He even asked me to pay for another 3rd bone graft which costs $3000.00 after 2 failed bone grafts(which is paid by me at additional cost). That time, I obtained a second opinion from other doctors, which confirmed that bone grafting service was unnecessary. I had teeth 6 months ago but now I don't even have it and out of thousands of dollars. I still have to pay thousands dollars other doctor who can do implant on it. My conclusion is things gone from bad to worse. Very bad service; kept pushing to sell unnecessary services for high cost. By the way his diagnosis changes time to time so you need to document well.

|  Never again...  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

I just dropped Dr. Chang as my dentist, and I wish I did so much earlier. I came to him last year with a problem (old root canal that was hurting and seemed to be infected), and instead of addressing it, Dr.Chang created a "plan" to take care of other problems that the X-rays revealed I had. I had numerous appointments, many of which were unjustifiably long. One lasted SIX hours and my husband came looking for me. The appointments took so much time because either Dr. Chang was slow or treating two people at the same time. The first thing Dr. Chang tried to do was give me braces and sell me tooth bleaching. In over 30 years, not a single dentist has suggested that I need braces. It was not what I came there for!! My dental insurance was drained within 5 months, but the infected root canal I initially came for was not addressed. When Dr.Chang finally got to it, he looked at the X-rays and said I need a $6,000 procedure that involves a bone graft (it's basically when they cut out a piece of you jaw bone and substitute it with a material that takes 6 month to grow) and a tooth implant. All of it was out of my pocket. Immediately, his front desk person asked when I want to make an appointment to start the procedure. I grabbed my X-rays and went to get a second opinion and third opinion. Both dentists concluded that I DO NOT need that procedure. All I need is the root canal to be redone. My entire experience with the Appalachian Dental office was very much like dealing with used car salesmen. They are money oriented, and push to sell - even if it involves unnecessary procedures. I would hate to be the person to pay for the brand new equipment, in the brand new office, at the expense of my health, sanity, and pocketbook. :(