Dentist

Pain Minimized:
Satisfaction:
 |  Overpriced, Inexperienced...  |  show details
by Stephanie Allen on Jul 29th, 2014

I was totally dissatisfied with this entire experience. From the receptionist to the Dentist. This dentist supposedly specializes in Children's dentistry however, she didn't appear to know anything about children. My son used to love the dentist before going here. We recently moved to Centreville, so we had to try a new dentist...but this was a huge mistake. She seemed nervous and impatient. My son was having a cavity filled for the first time. He was given laughing gas, but was still nervous (rightfully so). My son could pick up on her anxiety and he became even more upset and frustrated. So instead of attempting to calm him down...she kept looking at me with a confused look on her face. After about 15 minutes, she suggested that we try again except next time she wanted to put him to sleep...which just happened to be $500--not covered by insurance and had to be paid upfront!!!! (that's RIDICULOUS). I was appalled and left. I paid for the gas that he received (overpriced at $84) and left. A few weeks later I received a $90 bill for NO SERVICE. When I called, she said it was for her time....... The worst part is that I had a second opinion the next week and had no problems. They had an awesome treatment plan and a back up plan if my son became upset. We have gone back 3 times and have been absolutely pleased with our experience. My son had his cavity filled (the laughing gas was on $60) and the Dentist was patient, experienced and knowledgeable. I wish I personally could go to this dentist! We would rather drive 45 minutes than go to her EVER AGAIN!