Dr. G Deandrea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

May 11th, 2016
One of a kind Dr. She seems to really care about her patients.

August 30th, 2015
Poor service, prescribed ineffective, more expensive drugs
Dr DeAndrea prescribed Trileptal for our daughter's epilepsy diagnosis, and continued to recommend it even after our daughter continued to have seizures/episodes, for a 4 year period. His bedside manner (and obvious arrogance) made it so that my wife and I never looked forward to taking our daughter to see him for check-ups. Then Dr. DeAndrea closed the practice with very little advance notice. When we went to another neurologist, he was surprised to hear that we hadn't tried any other medications, if our daughter was still experiencing seizures while taking Trileptal (and constantly increasing the dosage level). He switched her to Lamotrigine (a much cheaper medication with less side effects) and she has not had a seizure in 5 years. This experience really makes me wonder how much doctors are being influenced by pharmaceutical companies to prescribe their drugs - Dr. DeAndrea's office was a literal "billboard" for the Trileptal drug, with notepads, posters, etc. advertising it all over the office.

November 25th, 2014
Dr is a Predator
"Dr" Deandrea terrorized me the entire time I was there and then smacked my hand, when the numbness and tingling in my hand was my complaint. When I went to file a complaint I found out she is a he, who changed the name from Gary to G.A., and made it so the website just says "the dr." so people can't tell. I found out online there were other complaints for abuse against this dr. The webpage disappeared after I took it to the Evergeen Hospital folks to complain. Make a complaint with the Department of Health people. This is why they demand credit card beforehand, just in case you find out before you go.

March 12th, 2012
Very unprofessional-would not return calls or emails
First two visits were good, discussed migraines, sleep deprivation, prescribed meds. Even called my Rx in directly to the pharmacy.Rx for Migraine meds expired, so pharmacy tried to contact 3 times with no resonse. I called twice and emailed, NO response! This is completely unacceptable. I called the hospital just to make sure they were still in business and they said they were, but there was nothing they could do to help me. Needless to say Iill not be returning to Dr. Deandrea.

December 16th, 2010
Very negative experience
I agree with the other two reviewers. I saw Dr. DeAndrea several years back when I was going through the most difficult sleep problems. Going to her was NOT helpful one bit. She is the rudest most condescending doctor I have ever been to, considering her field of work, since people need a lot of emotional encouragement and support to help their sleep issues. She questioned my stories as if they weren't true or that I was making things up, and repeated things as if I didn't hear it the first time if I didn't answer in the way she wanted me to, (yes or no). She can have all the credentials, experience, and all those great achievements, but I do not see anyone benefiting from her.

August 7th, 2008
uncomfortable
I felt uncomfortable in her office during the entire duration of the appointment. She is indeed rude and demeaning. If I try to clarify my situation, she repeats herself in a condescending manner as if I didn't hear her the first time. Incredible.

March 22nd, 2008
Avoid her !!!!!!!!!
It is extremely easy to get into see her because she has very few patients. She is rude, abrupt and has the worst bedside manner of any Dr. I have ever seen. There is a reason she does not work in a group with other doctors. She asks you questions in a very demeaning way, making you feel as though you are 6 years old and sitting in the principal's office! If you do decide to endure her abuse, make sure you bring someone else with you to sit in on the appt. It does make her less of a bully.Make plans to see any other neurologist in the area, even if it takes a while to get an appt.