Dr. Aaron Chevinsky MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 11 reviews

May 1st, 2016
SUBSTANDARD TREATMENT; Horrible Office Staff
The level of patient care by Dr. Chevinsky is a joke--and as the patient, I'm not laughing. Dr. Chevinsky's "exam" was all of one minute! This, after an endless wait of over one hour and having to fill out at least 30 minutes worth of redundant paperwork, followed by repeating "in-take" medical history to a rude technician (who licked her fingers to separate file papers)---and was irritated that I couldn't give a happy face number to my pain level (it changes and covers several parts of my body!). But the most-needed component was a thorough exam from the doctor, with the opportunity to show him the problem areas which may or may not be cancerous. Instead, I was given rushed, second-tier treatment, with a major area of pain and inflammation never even looked at! Nor did Dr. Chevinsky even bother going over the radiology slides with me. Dr. Chevinsky was done with the exam before I could even sit up! When I called back later in the week and left a message requesting a return call to address prevalent pain in the unexamined area, the request was ignored! Also ignored was my request from the office for a report of this "exam, " along with my own intake medical record. I was trying to avoid the time and expense of going into Manhattan for a Sloan Kettering appointment. But Dr. Chevinsky is clearly not an equivalent substitute---forcing me to go elsewhere to get the exam he didn't bother giving.

October 22nd, 2015
Great Surgeon
Dr Chevinsky is a brilliant physician with outstanding judgement. He considers the whole patient, not just the disease. He saved my husband's life but not rushing into surgery. He is kind, he is safe, he is talented, skillful. His post-op scars disappear.

September 29th, 2015
He is an excellent physician. He spends appropriate aount of time with patient. He is very informative, courteous, and extremely knowledgable about his medical specialty of any general surgical area.

January 28th, 2015
Won't go back
He really has no bedside manner at all. Came into the surgical room 15 mins late, said good morning to the nurse and barely acknowledged me. Went to his office for a follow up visit and wait 1/2 to be seen, check my wound (no gloves) and slapped another pc. of gauze on it. I had to have a debridement on my shin after receiving 45 stitches for a fall. I guess what he did was OK, never had one before and it's still healing. He doesn't look at the chart at all and thought I was finished with antibiotics when I had just started taking them. I will not go back to him when this session is completed and I'm healed. I've been to much more caring doctors. He was recommended by my GP becasue he returned her call Christmas Eve.

August 17th, 2013
He's still my first choice
I was initially diagnosed in 2000 at the age of 37. Fast forward to 12 years later. On a film something did not look "right". Dr. Chevinsky said why wait-lets biopsy it. A year later, I am still here. I cannot imagine our family dealing with this w/o his expertise and compassion. A true blessing.

June 18th, 2013
Hands down, the best!
Dr. Chevinsky is a leader in his field! By far the best man to ever have as your doctor is you need him! He was the man who saved my life 18 years ago when he removed my lung due to cancer. He is absolutely amazing! I owe the last 18 years to him and my oncologist. Some would argue that he lacks a bedside manner, but he really does listen, take time to answer questions and he cares. I have sent my best friends to him and they too are pleased,

March 22nd, 2012
Thankful he was my surgeon!
I went through an unplanned emergency surgery that was quite extensive. Wonderful operating skills. He helped me and my family through each step of the long recovery process. So thankful he was my surgeon and gladly recommend him. He returns panic calls and guides you. What more can you ask for?

April 28th, 2011
The only choice for me, Dr. Chevinsky
When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in the summer of 2008 at the age of 42, I went to two other "breast specialists" before meeting Dr. Chevinsky. He was the clear choice and the only one I felt comfortable putting my health/life in the hands of. He is thorough yet kind, direct and compassionate, knowledgeable yet clearly listened to all of my questions, fears and concerns. Clearly his goal was for me to live a cancer free life. He also has an exceptional staff who are more than willing to help you through the billing process which can be so overwhelming when you are in the midst of a crisis. Happy to say I am about to celebrate my 45th birthday - cancer free and grateful, thank you Dr. Chevinsky

April 20th, 2011
The worst bedside manner
He barely introduced himself when he walked in the room. I was treated like a lab rat. No bed side matter. I had numberous complication from my procedure which I dont think was a result from his surgical technique but I found him to not be as caring or attentive for all subsequent problems that resulted from my procedure. I was very disappointed.

October 23rd, 2010
Your better off going to a pathmark butcher
The absolute worst as far as Drs are concerned. NO bedside manner. Antiquated practices. Has no concern for leaving scars. No time for questions. Suggested a bilateral mastectomy for a patch of questionable tissue. This was 12 years ago. I still don't have cancer.

July 1st, 2010
When diagnosed w/breast cancer 10 years ago at the age of 37, he was a guiding force in encouraging me to obtain all the information I could and seek other opinions as well. He is the reason I am survivor today.