Dr. Aaron Coppelson MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2015
i am a medical biller who went to him for carpal tunnel. first off, insurance comps barely pay these doctors. He would be milking the system by giving his patients several tests because he would get paid for each test. second of all, i never met a doctor more compassionate and caring. the majority of his patients are the ones who are milking the system. they are not hurt, but pretend to be hurt and stay home and just collect workers compensation. so if you are truly hurt he will go above and beyond for you. do not go to him if you are faking it, he is an extremely educated doctor and will know that you are faking it and will send you back to work

May 13th, 2014
claims adjuster
lol I can tell there are a lot of people that dont like being caught with their fake injuries. We will keep sending you there and then cut off your benefits. Get used to it.

December 24th, 2013
If zero stars were an option...
I was referred to a physiatrist for a back injury that evolved into piriformis syndrome. Dr. Coppelson spent half the face time telling me how "great" my job was because "you make a lot of money" and why he would not take a holiday in Bali. He interrupted me while I explained what was happening with my body. Then prescribed some oral steroids & told me to return in 2 weeks. One week later, I returned because the medications did not help. He began our appointment by asking me about the tshirt i was wearing. Again, he interrupted me while I was explaining my level of pain. He told me he couldn't do anything, based on the previous doctor's notes, and that he was "going the extra mile" by requesting the radiologist's report, a document that should have been in my file. I would not recommend him to anyone....maybe as a very last resort.

August 23rd, 2013
CROOK DOCTOR SHAME!!!!!
How this man become a certified doctor is beyond my belief. He works for insurance company, and will be out to get your money. Doesn't care for your well being. A doctor is suppose to treat thier patient. He just gives you pain medication and sends you back home while in pain. Shame on you Dr. Coppelson.

August 5th, 2013
Worst Doctor
He is a crook. Only cares about money and not getting treatment for patient. Will not use every use of medical expertise or knowledge to help patient get better. Will just work with insurance company to get paid and send you back home in pain. Such a crook and worst possible doctor ever.

September 12th, 2012
I read the last post it is a sad day when a DR. in pain management thinks a person is"MILKING"the system before the test are done I WOUD NOT TRUST A DOCTOR LIKE THAT

March 12th, 2012
Working the System
I met Dr Coppleson after being referred by my Worker's Comp carrier. At first Dr Coppleson seemed to think I might have been "milking" the system, but after running tests. He quickly realized I was truely hurt and did everything he could to get me the "best" care possible within the system. I have now recovered after surgery and therapy. He truely cares about his patients.

February 24th, 2012
injured worker
no compassion

January 2nd, 2012
patient
i had RSD, I was very scared, its a bad diagnosis, he was very calm ,nice reassuring...very matter of factly told me how we were going to go forward.he stabalized me with meds and finally a stellate ganglion block. im esentially symtom free and back to work as as a nurse.. i cannot thank him enough but this is a good start...

November 18th, 2011
HR Rep
just saw him today, very nice, professional , no non-sense, gave me a shot on my elbow for my tennis elbow around 9:30 and now it feels great

July 14th, 2011
Excellent doctor
I was experiencing pain which was becoming chronic, because the cause had not been properly diagnosed by other doctors. Dr.Coppelson did not jump to the easiest conclusion or just treat the pain but he studied my case history, ordered diagnostic tests appropriately, listened carefully to my symptoms. He did not give up finding the cause and just resort to pain management. Instead he has a plan for my recovery. I trust him and appreciate his dedication to healing.

June 13th, 2011
Nurse Case Manager
I am a nurse case manager for workers comp. and my collegues and I refer about 6 to 10 patients a month to Dr. Coppelson. I was a little upset reading some of the comments.We refer some very complicated patients to him. Patients a lot of my other doctors in provider network will not or could not take.We have patients that we have subrosa tapes on. They say they cant work for years and years but we have video of them picking up cases beer at costco or diving and swimming in the ocean etc..well he will call them on it.But its actually the best thing for the patients. You see he gets them out of the mentality that they are disabled. That they need to stay home and collect tax dollars for the rest of their life.Most of my patients end up appreciating it..but some dont..they would rather sit at home and watch and have the rest of us pay for it...I just want to give Dr. Coppelson a plug...great doc, great clinical skills, good social sense