Dr. Aaron Degroot DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 24th, 2016
Is not experienced with chronic illnesses. Would not recommend this physician for a serious, chronic disease. Asks "what am I seeing you for today?" upon entry of the exam room. Did not select this doctor. We were assigned this doctor after our pcp left. Does not seem to be proactive and appears intimidated by serious, chronic ailment. We are leaving the practice and going elsewhere. This is the 4th doctor we have gone thru at this clinic in 4 years, as physicians have exited the practice. No confidence vote on care, competency and trust. Not willing to jeopardize care at the expense of my husband's life.

February 4th, 2014
The very, very best!
Dr. Aaron DeGroot is the finest physician I have seen or been privileged to meet. Without question He is the best, I and my child have been treated by Dr. DeGroot on many occasions and every time His consistence in listening to our concerns and always addressing those concerns is truly impressive. This wonderful Doctor is a life saver, a life giver and a wonderful man. I trust my life and the life of my daughter to this man. Dr. DeGroot is a HEALER, A LISTENER AND A MAN OF ACTION THAT WIlL GET TO THE ROOT OF YOUR ILLNESS EVERY TIME. THE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MAN COUPLED WITH HIS TENDER HEART OF GENUINE CONCERN IS MORE THAN REMARKABLE. DR. DeGROOT HAS A MEMORY OF THE SMALLEST DETAIL YOU HAVE SHARED WITH HIM. I RECOMMEND DR.AARON DeGROOT WITH MY WHOLE HEART AND MIND. SOME DOCTORS ARE GOOD AND SOME ARE ACTUALLY CALLED TO HEAL PEOPLE. THIS MAN IS CALLED. MY DAUGHTER AND I TRUST DR. DeGROOT WITH OUR BREATH AND BELIEVE ME HE HAS GIVEN ME BREATH WHEN I FELT I COULD NOT BREATH ALONE. WHAT A CHAMPION, A MAN WE ADMIRE AND LOVE. One more thought, Dr . DeGroot watches, observes you, listens, checks, runs tests and gets to the root of the problem then follows up until he sees you are healed and have the right tools and information in your hands to continue the process of healing. what more could we ask of a physician or of a man? God Bless Dr. Aaron DeGroot. The finest, the very finest of all...

December 15th, 2013
Billed insurance without seeing me
I can't even begin to describe how shocked I was that my insurance had been billed and I haven't been to this doctor in 2 years. I changed providers!

April 1st, 2013
Saved My Husbands Life!!!
Dr. Degroot and his staff have always been courteous to both my husband and I. When my husband began seeing Dr. Degroot 4 years ago he weighed in at 488 pounds, the doctor took an interest in seeing to it that my husband lived past 40, he was 30 at the time and already his days were numbered. We are four years into our relationship with Dr. Degroot and my husband is 296 pounds, still a small ways to go, but his weight will not cost him his life. Because of the way he changed my husbands whole outlook on life, I also began going to him, and he instantly showed the same interest in me, I didn't have a weight issue, but I smoked, and had been for 15 years. I am now smoke free and have been for almost a year, and Dr. Degroot is the person responsible. He cared when no one else did, and it not just changed our lives, but saved our lives and we will be forever grateful.

July 18th, 2012
Service
Overall the staff is not consisted nor is the PA or Dr Degroot Seeking another provider.

September 16th, 2011
Referred everyone I know...
Best Dr. I have even been to and I am from New York where I was treated at Colombia and Sloan Kettering. Caring, diagnostically intelligent, sense of humor and wonderful staff.

March 25th, 2011
worst doctor I ever went to

March 1st, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr.DeGroot's for 4 years now and I find He and his staff very warm, kind and professional. I have recommended many of my family and friends to him and they have kept him as their primary care physican for years. Dr.DeGroot is very thorough in his examination and I have always been pleased that he takes the time to explain to me what I have, how to cure it and if need be, he will refer me to another doctor for specialty without me having to find one on my own.

March 1st, 2011
Wonderful Doctor and Staff!
I have been a patient of Dr. DeGroots since 2007. Dr. DeGroot is a patient and knowledgable physician. The staff is very friendly and professional. I ...

September 22nd, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. DeGroot's for 3 years. He has always been courteous and patient with my family and myself. The staff is very helpful and polite. After reading the last 2 reviews on here I am shocked to say the least. I strongly recommend Dr. DeGroot to my friends and family and will continue to do so in the future.

August 3rd, 2010
No referral and no help...
Funny that I am reading the comment to the right about never recommending Dr. Degroot for services, and I agree 100%. I recently was injured and went to Sun Valley urgent care where the care was outstanding. I needed a referral to get an MRI and to go to an Ortho Dr, and so I was referred to Dr. Degroot. I waited in the office for at least 45 minutes before being seen. NOBODY else was in the waiting room. Then I finally saw Dr. Degroot and while he put on a smiling face with his strongly whitened teeth, he acted like he cared then wrote me out a referral to get an MRI. He refused to give me what I came for, which was the referral to an ortho doc, and I even had the name of my ortho doc from before. He said he wanted to preview the MRI results first. What he doesn't realize is I HAVE TO pay to come back to his office, all for him to finally refer me to go the DR I needed. He also said he wanted to wait for the swelling to go down before my mri, but didn't prescribe meds for me to deal with the pain while I waited a week for the swelling. What is funny is he acted like he cared!!! You can definitely tell that he is a doctor that is in this profession more for the money then for his patients.....I do highly recommend his urgent care though, I am pretty sure they said he was the owner of it. The Dr's there and nurse were personable and caring, not like Degroot who wanted to know more about me then my injury. So keep spending money on whitening those teeth and opening more practices, seems his other offices actually care!

July 13th, 2010
Would Not Recommend
My wife went to this office for back problems. She was referred to the Az Pain Specialists for treatment due to the fact the doctors where friends. After 4 months of getting no treatment or results we went back to our primary care doctor at Sun Valley to get another referral to a different clinic that might be able to help correct my wife's back. The doctor was not happy we didn't want to keep with his friend, but he said he would refer her to another clinic. That was 2 weeks ago. Last week when I inquired the status of the referral, the doctor himself told us that we had to wait for our insurance to approve it. Something that was very new considering referrals are done at the doctors office. Today I called again to find the status of the referral and was told the same thing. I called my insurance company to inquire on the status, I was informed that they had nothing to do with it and that it was done at the doctors office. I explained the situation and they called Sun Valley Family Practice. They were informed that no referral was ever requested by the doctor, therefore none was being processed. For 2 weeks DeGroot D.O. misled us about the referral. I had respect for the office until today when I found out about the lies. I would never recommend anyone going to this clinic or ever seeing DeGroot for services.