Neurologist
Mid Michigan Physicians Grp
4009 Orchard Dr
Midland, MI 48640
989-698-3033
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Retired  |  show details
by Theresa Bean on Oct 29th, 2013

I was diagnosed with Parkinson at the age of 45. I felt my life was over. I fell into a deep depression. After my appointment with Dr. Ellenbogen, I walked out of his office feeling hopeful and confident in the ability to still live a normal life. He was very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable of all possibilities. It has been 8 years since my diagnoses and I am much better than I could have ever thought possible. I highly recommend Dr. Ellenbogen to anyone suffering from any neurological condition.

|  show details
Jun 26th, 2013

Sadly I would rate this Dr. a one star. His staff is rude and not helpful. I was a current patient that started having vertical double vision. Was told the Dr. was out of the country and they could not help me. SERIOUSLY? He doesn't have anyone covering his patients? They told me to call back the following week and they would see if they could fit me in. I called another neurologist and was seen the next day.

|  money only matters  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

this guy is a joke! he doesnt care about people. he cares about making as much money as possible. he just called to cancel my appt. i have all my results of the various tests he ran and i have a list of questions about it, which i informed his office. he doesn't care, won't see me. if i find a doctor who can help me, and they find what he ignored, i will sue his pompous butt! don't waste your time seeing him. he doesn't care!

|  You may want to consider a different doctor...  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Ellenbogen was either unwilling or unable to listen to my concerns as a patient. He tends to be condescending and smug. His reception staff could not be more rude. Together they are a losing combination. Overall, they seem very impressed with themselves. I, however, am not.

|  Excellent Choice  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2012

Dr. Ellenbogen was recommended by a family member and he was an excellent choice for me. He diagnosed my Parkinson's Disease and is always professional while always telling me the truth in a kind but very forthright manner. He remembers ME as a person and is willing to answer all questions. He is personable and is also very current with the latest information about movement disorders. He himself called me at home when I had surgery last year to answer my questions about anesthesia. He has also encouraged me to take part in a clinical study.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him because he is intelligent, caring and efficient. He is excellent in reporting visits to my primary care physician.

|  He was the 1st doctor to treat me like a human in the hospital system!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2010

I had suffered from an ongoing migraine for 3 months. The pain was so severe that it spread down the entire length of the left side of my body. I was in the ER 3 times and no one believed and/or was willing to assist because I didn't have proper insurance so, I was forced to suffer. By the New Year, I was hospitalized for a week. His assistance, simple attention to the root of the problem and swift action had me up and out of bed within days. I am forever grateful to him. He is truly an angel!

|  WIFE OF PATIENT  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2010

HE IS WONDERFUL,LEFT A HIGHLY RECOGNIZED DR.TO STAY WITH DR.ELLENBOGEN,HIS MANNER IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS DR. HE SEEMS SO CARING ,ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS NO MATTER HOW SILLY THEY SEEM TO HIM.ALL DRS SHOULD BE LIKE HIM

|  show details
by Joel Hearshen on May 10th, 2009

Dr Ellenbogen is the most caring and compassionate medical doctor I have ever dealt with. He is always willing to take whatever time is needed to answer any and all questions that I have. He always explains what is going on in language that I can understand.