Neurologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Tom w. on Aug 22nd, 2016

I've been seeing Dr.Ellenbogen since 2012 He is very knowledgeable and conveys information in a way that is understandable yet informative. He deals with very difficult Patient issues in a Compassionate manner.

by Kim Steinecker on Aug 5th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Ellenbogen for about 8 years. He is very thorough, friendly and professional every time I am there for appointments. He has successfully been able to keep my muscle disorder under control with medication. I am very happy with his approach to my care.

by JoAnn Brown on Apr 8th, 2016

Very calm. Explains everything on my level of understanding. good bedside manner. I trust him to give me the best care.

by Melisa l on Jan 11th, 2016

He is wonderful

best doctor ever show details best doctor ever
by Err Mcgerr on Dec 7th, 2015

awesome best doctor ever

Gave memy life back show details Gave memy life back
by Richard Evans on Mar 27th, 2015

In 2009, I was involved in two automobile accidents. The first accident I was struck by a drunk driver traveling at approximately 70-75 mph. My son and were stopped and sitting at a light. The collision caused my body to move at a high rate of speed going forward, stopping very hard, then thrown backward so violently, the seat was ripped out of the floor. My family physician suggested I make an appointment for Dr. Ellenbogan noting that he is knowledgeable about concussions and TBI. In the summer of 2009, I again was struck from behind while sitting at a light by someone talking on the cell phone. I suffered my second concussion 5 months apart. Dr. Ellenbogan told me what to expect, the plan to get me "back to normal", and the resources available to learn how to cope with a TBI. Dr. Ellenbogan , was compassionate, understanding, but most of all honest. He's a good man and a great DR.

Do not make an appointment with this doctor or his office, horrible staffing very unprofessional show details Do not make an appointment with this doctor or his office, horrible staffing very unprofessional
Feb 5th, 2015

There are far much better and more helpful staffing than this office. Staff is unhelpful, rude, loud, and belligerent. I've never experienced such poor treatment in a medical office than this. We decided to seek health care in a more pleasant environment that treat us with more dignity and respect. Shame on the doctors in allowing these staff members who have a disregard to patience. As a new patience it has left a horrible impression in my mind and I will never return. Very cold and unwelcoming office

Retired show details Retired
by Theresa Bean on Oct 29th, 2013

I was diagnosed with Parkinson at the age of 45. I felt my life was over. I fell into a deep depression. After my appointment with Dr. Ellenbogen, I walked out of his office feeling hopeful and confident in the ability to still live a normal life. He was very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable of all possibilities. It has been 8 years since my diagnoses and I am much better than I could have ever thought possible. I highly recommend Dr. Ellenbogen to anyone suffering from any neurological condition.

Jun 26th, 2013

Sadly I would rate this Dr. a one star. His staff is rude and not helpful. I was a current patient that started having vertical double vision. Was told the Dr. was out of the country and they could not help me. SERIOUSLY? He doesn't have anyone covering his patients? They told me to call back the following week and they would see if they could fit me in. I called another neurologist and was seen the next day.

money only matters show details money only matters
Sep 10th, 2012

this guy is a joke! he doesnt care about people. he cares about making as much money as possible. he just called to cancel my appt. i have all my results of the various tests he ran and i have a list of questions about it, which i informed his office. he doesn't care, won't see me. if i find a doctor who can help me, and they find what he ignored, i will sue his pompous butt! don't waste your time seeing him. he doesn't care!

You may want to consider a different doctor... show details You may want to consider a different doctor...
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Ellenbogen was either unwilling or unable to listen to my concerns as a patient. He tends to be condescending and smug. His reception staff could not be more rude. Together they are a losing combination. Overall, they seem very impressed with themselves. I, however, am not.

Excellent Choice show details Excellent Choice
Jul 14th, 2012

Dr. Ellenbogen was recommended by a family member and he was an excellent choice for me. He diagnosed my Parkinson's Disease and is always professional while always telling me the truth in a kind but very forthright manner. He remembers ME as a person and is willing to answer all questions. He is personable and is also very current with the latest information about movement disorders. He himself called me at home when I had surgery last year to answer my questions about anesthesia. He has also encouraged me to take part in a clinical study.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him because he is intelligent, caring and efficient. He is excellent in reporting visits to my primary care physician.

He was the 1st doctor to treat me like a human in the hospital system! show details He was the 1st doctor to treat me like a human in the hospital system!
Mar 6th, 2010

I had suffered from an ongoing migraine for 3 months. The pain was so severe that it spread down the entire length of the left side of my body. I was in the ER 3 times and no one believed and/or was willing to assist because I didn't have proper insurance so, I was forced to suffer. By the New Year, I was hospitalized for a week. His assistance, simple attention to the root of the problem and swift action had me up and out of bed within days. I am forever grateful to him. He is truly an angel!

WIFE OF PATIENT show details WIFE OF PATIENT
Jan 24th, 2010

HE IS WONDERFUL,LEFT A HIGHLY RECOGNIZED DR.TO STAY WITH DR.ELLENBOGEN,HIS MANNER IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS DR. HE SEEMS SO CARING ,ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS NO MATTER HOW SILLY THEY SEEM TO HIM.ALL DRS SHOULD BE LIKE HIM

by Joel Hearshen on May 10th, 2009

Dr Ellenbogen is the most caring and compassionate medical doctor I have ever dealt with. He is always willing to take whatever time is needed to answer any and all questions that I have. He always explains what is going on in language that I can understand.