Dr. Aaron Filler MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2017
caring doctor
dr filler diagnosed correctly a condition that eluded many "so called " experts in the field. I spent 15 years all over the east coast wasting time before he zeroed in on the problem. After operations I am 85% better thanks to him and his kind perseverance,

April 26th, 2016
Beware of staff that don't care!!
This doctor is brilliant but insists on surrounding himself with a staff that is pretty much ruining the office experience if you can even get past them to see Dr. Filler. You would think he would have staff that make him shine but just the opposite. They literally scared me off & I did not return after seeing the doctor once. He might have been able to help me but also stated things could get worse with my sciatic pain. Not worth it plus he is out of network & rarely takes any types of insurance. Another red flag. We are still paying for this visit that took us out of state. My pain is so bad, we wanted to try anything. We were so disappointed.

January 29th, 2016
Successful procedure

December 15th, 2014
I begged for help and he tried. Unfortunately it didn't help. But he saw me through from out of town over three months. I honestly think he was as disappointed that the surgery didn't help as I and my family were.

November 8th, 2013
Being smart isn't enough
Boy, do I wish this website existed 7 years ago before I saw him! I'll just say that there is no explaining away dozens of negative reviews. After paying $2000 for an injection I thought only he could do, I did more research…next one cost around $200. One of the most galling things is that his staff makes constant scheduling errors and would not admit it. I'm kind of pleased that the last time they blew it they saved me $10,000 for probably unnecessary surgery: I waited weeks for their scheduler to call me, and finally changed my mind about the surgery. She never did call. Folks, making patients wait 2-3 hours is not a sign that a doctor is in high demand, it is a sign that he is arrogant and disorganized.

August 13th, 2013
All too often we only take time to write comments when we are dissatisfied with a service, rarely is the time taken to note the contrary. We have been dealing with my daughter's medical situation for almost (4) years now and up until a visit with Dr. Filler's, no progress had been made. It was a very frustrating situation and left me as a mother, feeling helpless to assist my own child. While seeing another specialist, Dr. Jennifer Berman, a urologist in Beverly Hills, it was recommended we take the time to see Dr. Aaron Filler, who came very highly recommended. We were told if we didn't see Dr. Filler and chose another neurologist we more than likely would not get a diagnosis, as she had a pretty good idea what it might be, and she was right.......we had seen pediatric neurologists prior. I am writing this email because Dr. Filler has been to say the least, been a "remarkable doctor". My daughter has seen numerous doctors (6) to be specific and not one, up until that point had been able to even give us a diagnosis. It turns out my child had "Pudendal Nerve Entrapment" a nerve which runs throughout the pelvic floor and was being entrapped by her Piriformis muscle, which was inflamed. Pudendal Nerve Entrapment is apparently very uncommon....not one doctor prior even mentioned that as a possibility. Dr. Filler works hand in hand with with The Institute of Nerve Medicine", I believe that is another business of his, they took an MRI and with that Dr. Filler was able to diagnose my daughter's situation; I mention this because the MRI that was taken previously at another hospital could not identify the Pudendal Nerve, this is common with most MRI's taken in that area. The Institute of Nerve Medicine has radiologist technicians that are trained to maneuver an MRI and grasp visibility on that nerve. Dr. Aaron Filler has gone above and beyond to ensure my daughter received the best care possible, he has taken time out of his busy schedule to answer questions via email, usually these emails are answered after normal working hours so I know he has stayed late to assist us. He has not only assured me that there was future hope to alleviate my daughter's situation but he cured it, as a mother that means the more than I can put into words. He is a consummate professional and has a tireless work ethic which is quite evident by the notable changes in my daughter's health. He clearly needs to be recognized and for his hard work.

February 14th, 2013
Comlicated case but he is working hard to solve it
I met with Dr. Filler for the first time just over a year ago. I had severe pain for over 4 years. His prices are exorbetant but I had injections and then 2 different surgical procedures. I feel like he is trying very hard to figure our what is wrong with me and is trying different medications knowing I can no longer fly across the country. I'm just simply out of funds. As for his employees, I have never really had a problem with them and actually like them. When I call we are on a voice recognition status. The billing is completely screwed up but if you have not received relief from any of your other options I would recommend giving him a try. You always have the right to refuse some treatments if you don't think they are in your best interest. One last thing, it is clearly stated in the new patient information that you may have a long waiting period in his waiting room. They do offer spa treatments for patients so that you are not just sitting and waiting. What is better than a massage or facial while you are waiting. Also, if you don't wish to wait in the waiting room, call them, they will give you an idea about how far behind they are running and you can do anything you want.

November 29th, 2012
PNE Surgery/billing problems!!
I had surgery with Dr. Filler almost 3 years ago after being diagnosed with pudendal nerve entrapment, a rare condition of my nerve running through a muscle. Dr. Filler has great bedside manner and patience but unfortunately I am still suffering after only minimal pain reduction. Going through the billing system as a patient has been a nightmare w/ Dr. Fillers office!! None of his services that I know of are covered under insurance however his office will bill your insurance company at full price as a service. Dr. Filler's services are VERY expensive and his staff are very rude to customers. I really hoped him and his office would have helped me more considering the bill I am still trying show IS paid. I would not want to get involved with this office ever again.

October 6th, 2012
WAKE UP DR. FILLER
Living across the country from California, I opted for an MR neuro scan close to home. I have been to numerous doctors &therapies without relief for sciatic/butt pain. Never talked tooctal doctor once. Only received a written report after 4 weeks of waiting & calling the office to be promised "tomorrow". Finally got the report which basically said its bursitis. Called the office again a couple of times to see if I could have a phone consult and a copy of my payment receipt. Again promises not kept. HOW IS THIS A WAY TO RUN A DOCTORS OFFICE? Isn't he concerned about his reputation? I have worked for 3 different doctors and they would NEVER let patients be treated this way. Workers have been fired for things less than what his staff gets away with. Dr. Filler, don't you read your reviews?

June 10th, 2012
This Doctor may have knowledge, but he is a rip off. His staff are not professional at all and his billing practices should be illegal. Over priced. If he wanted cash with no insurance claims he should have been a cosmetic surgeon!

April 26th, 2012
Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
I went to see Dr Filler mainly to get an MRI and diagnosis. I had already had problems with injections and told him that I did not want to do anything that would risk making my situation worse.He recommended 3 injections and I foolishly accepted his plan. Immediately following the injections I had a new problem that I did not have before a very serious problem that prevents me from sitting and causes nearly constant buttock pain at the sight of one of the 3 injections.On several occassions I've spoken to Dr Filler about this. He has never apologized or tried to explain what might have happened.I believe that Dr Filler is in it strictly for the money. His fees are very high. I had to spend about $8000 out of pocket for his services.The bottom line is that the money is not really important but that he has caused me more disabling pain and has left me high and dry.

November 17th, 2011
Narcissistic egomaniac suit-happy quack
Don't let his office get your credit card, too many reports of sky high unauthorized charges. Too many reports of other very unhappy patients still in pain and then ignored. Complainers have been sued by the doctor and his patent license holding exclusive MRIs and costly 'diagnostic' injections. few real success stories posted despite claims of greatness. Be prepared to wait hours and hours. Would not ever recommend.