Dr. Aaron Heide MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

August 11th, 2017
Dr. Heide and his staff are the worst health care professionals I have even seen. He is an arrogant, self absorbed, condescending, pill pusher that doesn't care about his patients. He prescribed me serious medication without a thorough review of my physical health, history of symptoms and never tried to figure out my triggers. He conducted my initial Neuology diagnosis and stated I was epeleptic based on one possible seizure (unknown as no one saw it) at night. He prescribed me an anti- convulsant drug which made me feel like a vegetable and I had extreme side effects. It took over 3 week-days to get a response and when I did get a call from the medical assistant she was rude, provided no support, stated it is just part of taking the drugs, then had the audacity to states she was working "after hours" at 4:30pm on a Friday and I was being "needy." My husband and I had to pull myself off the extreme drugs based on the side-effects. When I mentioned diet, sleep, hormone evaluation, stress reduction like exercise, acupuncture therapy and Eastern medicine approaches first to figure what possibly caused this he laughed at me. I told him, my husband, friends or coworkers would drive me to and from work so we could figure this out he told me "it's not a matter of if, it's a matter or when I have another seizure" and he continued to push pills as the solution. He never tried to understand me. I had a baby 4.5 months prior to the possible seizure, I had a hormonal imbalance, I was severely sleep deprived getting 1-3 hours of sleep most nights, I had high stress (I had returned to work full-time and was still learning to balance being a mom and being a career woman), and I had a poor diet where I drank way to much coffee. I was also at an unlikely age to start having a seizure being 31. After a 2nd opinion I am living a healthy lifestyle with daily exercise, no caffeine, a consistent diet, acupuncture treatments, I'm sleeping 8 hours most nights and we have figured out my balance without pills. I have a great support systems of doctors including a traditional Chinese medicine wellness professional, a Neurologist that is a true expert, dietitians and more. After my experiences with him and his staff, I would never recommend him to anyone.

January 26th, 2017
I would never go back

November 24th, 2016
Would highly recommend!!!

January 13th, 2016
A Year Wasted
i had to wait 6 months for my first appointment. he sent me for a brain mri, and was suppose to also send me for blood work after he reviewed my file. i never recieved any lab orders. my follow up appointment was for 4 months later, but after two months they called to say they double booked, so they had to put my appointment even futher away, a total of 6 months from the first appointment. then the day before my appointment, i got a call saying dr heide was no longer with the practice and i would have to schedule an appointment with a different doctor. i wonder, how long had he been gone?? why did they wait till the day before to tell me?? i have waisted a whole year on this doctor. and i still do NOT have the results of my brain MRI. some of these may not have been the fault of Dr Heide, but he still has a responsibility to his patients... even if he leaves, a courtesy letter would have been nice. and at least the written report of my MRI results! and still.... what happen to the labs i was suppose to have done? one more thing, after he left the room on the first appointment, an assistant came in with a paper saying for me to not have any caffiene again, forever, with zero explaination as to why. like i said, i wasted a year on this doc. and still have zero results. =[

July 6th, 2015
Appreciate his honesty.

December 13th, 2013
Great doctor
I have spent many many hours with this man. Life saver! You just have to be patient. I know he runs at least 2 offices in 2 different states thus is why appointment times are so hard to get and so important to keep. I would recommend him to anyone.

August 31st, 2013
Great visit
If you want a doctor that cares about you this is the doctor for you. I think some doctors seem to just go threw routine. Dr Hiede honestly cares and goes beyond. I hope you choose him for your care you won't be sorry

March 18th, 2013
Rude, rude, rude!
I have never been so angry at a doctor! The way he treats his staff is horrible, no wonder they don't return calls. It must be extremely difficult for him to keep anyone working for him. I personally witnessed him bring his assistant-receptionist to tears (she was trying to relay a request a patient's family had made.) It was disgusting to watch. I think he actually enjoyed making her feel bad! Getting on the hospital board at Valley Medical Center was a creative move on his part to keep from being fired. He is the egotistical, no bedside manner doctor you see on TV or movies.

March 4th, 2013
We like the doctor personally and respect his expertise but VERY hard to get hold of his office with a problem or get phone calls returned. Staff needs more training perhaps?

January 29th, 2013
unethical, arrogant, no followup, terrible wait times and communication, am looking for another Dr. did not help me at all, but spent a fortune on tests

October 30th, 2012
good
Dr Heide was very helpful.

July 15th, 2012
Gave Me Bad Meds
When u went to fill prescriptions, my pharmacist told me that the starting dose prescribed hard high potential to harm me. Also, one reacted with another one I took (wrote all my meds on form in office).Don't bother to call office. No one will call you back. Also, you'll have to wait over a month (typically more) to get an appt. and if you are five minutes late, you lose your appt and they'll try to (squeeze) you in. If they can SQUEEZE you in, you may wait for hours. If not, you are rescheduled and may have to wait for a few more Weeks.When you do get in to see him, you feel like you are a Nascar in a pit stop. Not the way you want a brain illness diagnosed. He'd be good if he read up on drugs and how to prescribe, thinned his schedule, and hired a competent staff.