Urologists

Garden City
1401 Franklin Ave
Garden City, NY 11530
516-535-1900
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Nov 27th, 2013

Trust

|  Must have been his off day when we met with him...  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2013

because he was brusque and barely spent any time with us. He seemed to have no opinion to offer on what he thought would be the best option for us. We went to see him because we were told that he was reputed to be the specialist in holistic active surveilance (which is not just about watching psa but also altering diet, etc). He did not even take the time to talk to us about that whole process, what it entails and how it works, etc. Seemed like he wanted to kick us out the door with an attitude that said "do whatever you want". I've seen all the positive reviews and can only conclude that it must have been an off day for him. Now granted we were his last appointment of the day and we all know that nobody is perfect, but as a potential new patient, it was not a great first impression. I remain hopeful that if we see him again, we will be able to have the positive experience that some of the other reviewers referred to.

|  Put me at ease  |  show details
by Tom B. on Apr 18th, 2013

I chose Dr. Katz after some recommendations and having read an article he wrote. I liked his holistic approach. Right from the moment we met, I knew I was in good hands. He solved the problem created by two different doctors saying opposing things regarding my diagnosis with prostate cancer. I look forward to being under his care.

by Joan K on Feb 23rd, 2013

My husband was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and we have been had several opinions before seeing Dr. Katz. I can honestly and sincerely say that Dr. Katz was the most passionate, caring and professional physician we have seen, He has an incredible caring manner and very knowledgeable about all of the treatment options. We both felt that he was giving us an "individualized" approach to my husbands cancer, and that he was not tied to any one treatment. We had seen two other doctors that we felt were pushing us into radiation immediately, and when we walked out of Dr. Katzs office we felt so much better and more informed than ever, and also we felt very hopeful that my husband is going to do well. ALthough we traveled 3 hours to see him, I highly recommend anyone with this condition to sit down with him and get an opinion. Thank you Dr. Katz!

by Frank S on Feb 20th, 2013

He was very kind, compassionate and he took his time with me. I was so impressed when he sat down and went over my biopsy report and explained in detail about my cancer and then presented all the options as well as the integrative medicine ones,,and this was incredible as NO other doctor explained this to me. He is really fantastic!

|  Best of the best. A fine person as well.  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2013

I would recommend him. His credentials are excellent. I feel confident when he treats me.

|  I HIghly Recommend  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

After having read Dr. Katz's book, my wife an I flew to NYC from Wisconsin for an opinion about my prostate cancer. We knew that he was intelligent but we were both impressed with his personality and demeanor. He was thoroughly professional and engaging. His advice was sound. (I never did have surgery or any other allopathic treatment, the holistic approach is working.)

|  Excellent Results  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

I am very satisfied with the advise Dr. Katz has given me regarding controlling my prostate cancer. He was the 2nd of 5 treatment specialist I interviewed after being diagnosed and I returned to Dr. Katz after my last interview. The other physicians were ready to radiate or perform surgery immediately. Dr. Katz recommendations of diet and lifestyle changes to rebuild my immune system has not only stabilized my problem but has vastly improved my entire health. Cannot recommend him too greatly.

|  Daughter of patient with prostate cancer  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Never met a more approachable, competent physician ever. He is current on the newest procedures and treatments available!

|  A pioneer in the field!  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2011

He is truly a leader in the field and uses holistics, cryosurgery, and if surgery is needed he will suggest a top doc in the field. I have the greatest respect for Dr, Katz. He is an example of the best of medicine in the US

|  poor bedside manner  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

won't write a prescription for another doctor if he doesn't benefit.limited insurance coveragepushes surgery even for early stage pc

|  Magic Hands and Big Heart  |  show details
by a Longtimer on Dec 20th, 2010

Dr. Katz has been taking care of me for more than fifteen years. I am convinced he is a true dream of a patient. He is highly intelligent, caring, understanding, and extremely knowledgable in a broad sense, not just in his specialty. Dr. Katz posesses such invaluable qualities as magic hands of a surgeon and a big heart of a mench.In other words, Dr. Katz is a man of a rare soul.

Jan 28th, 2009

outstanding doc in the field of urology