Dr. Aaron Koonce DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 7th, 2017
Where did he go?
Very professional, yet comfortable in discussing my health problems. Got the wrong impression when I tried to tell him where my anxiety comes from.

October 3rd, 2013
family member
As a nurse of almost 20 years, I have never filled out an online review of any physician, but I feel compelled to do so now. If you are looking to take a loved one or family member for a neuro consult, look elsewhere. I have never witnessed such a lack of compassion during an exam, nor what seemed like disdain from a physician toward a patient. I sat and watched my father, who suffered from Dementia, questioned relentlessly as to his memory recall of current spasms he suffered from, followed by a reflex exam in which the doctor caused my fathers skin tear to re-open and seep. This doctor is flippant, and lacks common kindness. I'm more than sure Dr. Koonce is a brilliant neurologist, but his lack of empathy is appalling.

June 3rd, 2013
Dr Koonce was very helpful in finding just the right meds to help me. Other drs didn't seem to care. He knew all about my condition. Very informed. He's the only one I will go to !

January 14th, 2011
Watch out for this Doctor - PLEASE READ
I came to him as a second opinion from my primary care physician. I explained that I was having difficulty with the approach my PCP was using and wanted more info. What did he do...I will quote from his notes: "I beleive this patient has an agenda....I met with his PCP who agrees". He then ordered 3 VERY expensive tests that were very painful. I guess he showed me. OOh, by the way, It was later discovered that the symptoms i was experiencing were from Fibromyalgia. I filed a formal complaint and he was soon moved to the Oshkosh office.