A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Abass Alavi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Abass Alavi is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Abass Alavi, MD is board certified in Nuclear Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Alavi graduated from Tehran School Of Medical Sciences. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Alavi has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alavi accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Abass Alavi practice?
Dr. Abass Alavi practices Nuclear Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Nuclear Medicine Physicians.