Dr. Abba Cargan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 13th, 2016
Fabulous, thorough, smart doctor
Dr. Cargan is like no other doctor I've been to in recent years…from the way he conducts his office to his great listening and his informative discussion of my son's condition. Dr. Cargan took so much time and care to thoroughly examine my 2-year-old son…who did not get upset at all, which is unheard of at a doctor's appointment! I trust his advice and expertise hands-down and would recommend him to anyone in need of a pediatric neurologist.

November 23rd, 2014
Comes across as extremely caring and you will leave feeling good. UNTIL later you realize that you spent 1200 dollars bec the time with him went over one hour (charges 800/hour) AND he doesn't accept insurance. And he really likes to just prescribe meds…which did not work at all. Won't be going back no matter how nice and caring he seems...

September 30th, 2014
Rudest office ever!
I called to try and get an appointment for my daughter. I have to say I have dealt with some rude people before but this is the worst I have ever been treated. After telling me that they were not scheduling until Spring of 2015, she advised me that they then did not take my insurance. When I advised her that I found her on the website she became rude and told me "you have to fax me what you're talking about" in a tone I wouldn't use with my worst enemy. I never even made it past this point. I told her she did not need to treat me that way and hung up! It doesn't matter how good the doctor is if you are treated by his staff in such an unprofessional manner.

October 21st, 2011
I wish every doctor could be like Dr. Cargan
Warm, compassionate, and brilliant. Does not give up on your child...ever. So glad we found him.

July 23rd, 2010
Simply the best
Extremely knowledgeable and was completely helpful

July 12th, 2010
Finally - A correct diagnosis
Highly recommend Dr. Cargan. Several other doctors had mis-diagnosed my son.After reading thru my son's extensive medical history and spending about an hour examining him, Dr Cargan gave us his results which really surprised us. He caught what other Dr.s had missed, and gave us hope for a cure with proper medications.My son is doing well, no more incidents and THANKS to Dr Cargan's thoughtful, detailed diagnosis, he's suceeding in life.

May 12th, 2010
Dr. Cargan goes out of his way to show his patients how much he cares.

January 29th, 2010
Warm, Caring, Professional
I've been seeing Dr. Cargan for 13 years for a seizure disorder. In ever visit, I've never felt rushed in and out of the office, felt that he's taken the time to answer each question that myself or my parents have had, and truly felt respected and relaxed. So many other doctors, both in neurology and other fields, are pompous, like to sound important, and don't take time to explain the reasons why they're doing what they're doing. Dr. Cargan has never exuded either of these qualities, and he is always willing to give you the time you need, both at your appointment, or by way of phone.

January 13th, 2010
excellent experience
My son has suffered from migraine headaches since he was 6 years old. Dr. Cargan has treated him for 7 years. Dr. Cargan is highly professional and an exceptional communicator. His advice is very detailed and easy to understand. He treats my concerns with dignity and respect. He spends a great deal of time with us at each visit. I highly recommend him.

October 16th, 2009
Right on target!

April 23rd, 2009
A rare find, he combines medical/technical excellence with compassion and humanity. He is also outstanding in his communication with parents.

February 28th, 2009
my favorite doctor
he is one of the most honest and caring dr's i ever had to deal with not only that he goes to my son's IEP meeting and is 100% loves my son.