Dr. Abbey Kennedy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 7th, 2016
Knee meniscus surgery
I suffered an acute knee meniscus tear, and was aware that many surgeons opt for removing any portion of the cartilage that is not firmly attached. Later on, the lack of cartilage can lead to severe arthritis due to bone-on-bone contact. I was pleasantly surprised by Dr. Kennedy's awareness and knowledge of recent studies on the use of platelet-rich plasma protocols in the repair of cartilage tissue. I wanted to do a minimal removal of only the portion of the tissue impeding joint movement, and keep unattached portions in order to do PRP therapy. Dr. Kennedy agreed to my plan, but explained that PRP evidence was mixed. If it did not work, it could potentially require additional surgery in the future. In my view, Dr. Kennedy is keenly aware of relevant research, is open to alternatives, and possesses top surgical skills. I recommend her without reservations.

October 20th, 2015
I am in the medical profession, and am careful when selecting practitioners. Dr. Abby Kennedy was head and shoulders above any other Orthopedic doctor I've seen. She spent time reviewing medical records, did a careful exam, and laid out the choices from surgery to 'wait and see'. Her knowledge of the medical literature was superb, and her explanations of my orthopedic conditions was informed, insightful, and competent. Completely absent was the strong-arm 'tunnel vision' that I have experienced from other practitioners. I can openly and fully recommend her.