Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2017

Has no respect for other peoples time

I will not return to Dr. Katranji's office. You will wait hours for your appointment almost every time you are there. Tonight I waited for over an hour and had it. Went to the front desk and told them I was leaving. When I left Dr. Katranji was outside talking with people in the lawn when he had a waiting room full of patients running an hour and a half behind schedule. If it only happened a couple times I wouldnt say anything..but this happens almost every time I am in there. Additionally I was not impressed with the work he did on my hand. What was supposed to be a simple cyst removal ended up being a disaster.

January 14th, 2017

Dr. Katranji is excellent! My mother fell and broke her finger, which needed surgery. McLaren sent us to him, and it turned out great. His staff is awesome! We felt very comfortable, especially for being in a doctor's office. Thanks Dr. Katranji!

August 17th, 2016

Great, very knowledgeable, very caring doctor!

November 20th, 2015

Extraordinary!

This doctor has the biggest heart, is the most welcoming, and is truly the best doctor I have known.

September 8th, 2014

Terrible Doctor, Beware

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He will take 2 hours to get you into the exam rooms and then just tell you need surgery no matter what. He will then send you to therapy for a few months so he can make drag as much money out of you until he tells you that you need another surgery.

May 9th, 2014

Dr. Katranji is a wonderful surgeon and doctor. If you have a question he takes the time to explain what you want to know. Very personable and intelligent. I would recommend him to anyone that needs hand surgery and if you need hand therapy afterwards he has a wonderful hand therapy center that really helped me so much. I almost didn't do the therapy, but so glad I did. His office staff and the staff at the therapy center were so kind, efficient and helpful. Thanks for everything Dr. and staff!!

May 17th, 2013

Find a different doctor

I recently had a horrible experience with this doctor. I waited over an hour to be seen. I had to have surgery, the surgery scheduler never called in my pain meds or gave the hospital my proper insurance information. Now I am fighting to get this bill paid. My follow up appointment i waited another hour to be seen and sent to therapy which did no good for me. The therapist spent more time complaining about the office and on her cell phone than with me. I was told to come back again to wait 50 minutes this time and I was seen by a student instead of the doctor and charged over $200.00 for this visit. Watch your billing because I was billed for services I never received. I went to a differnt physician who said I never needed surgery and an injection would of done the trick. I don't recommend this doctor

April 21st, 2013

Wonderful staff and very professional, clean office! Great physician and spends as much time with you as you need! He truly care about needs as a patient & does not leave the room until you are satisfied and educated of your problem. There is not much he cannot figure out after going to multiple doctors/hand physicians he knew exactly what was wrong. I would recommend him to anyone and I do all the time! The wait can be a little bit longer however most speciality offices are like that and when it is your time to be seen you will def understand and appreciate his time spent one on one with you! He even brought out donuts, bagels and coffee when there was an emergency at the hospital just because he felt bad for being late which he should not have felt. It is very apparent that he goes way over and beyond for his patients. I notice he stayed really late a few times just to see a few more patients. I have obviously been a patient for a while and had a lot of hand and wrist problems and these are some of my observations. Definitely go to this man!!!

October 10th, 2011

Stay Away From This Man

I dislocated/fractured my left ring finger and broke the volar plate (the ligament that lets you bend your finger). I was told I would have 80% usage of my finger. After surgery and 3 months of painful therapy my finger wouldn't bend so I went to another dr. who looked at the initial x-ray and one done after the surgery and he said my finger looked worse after the surgery. He fused my finger as the joint was completely ruined and now my finger doesn't bend at all. The people in his office are nice enough but that's not what you're there for. Also, the occupational therapist who rated this doctor works for him so take the rating with a large grain of salt. All I can say is I wish I would never have met this man or I should have gotten a second opinion. Best to stay away and go to a better doctor.

August 22nd, 2011

USELESS, MONEYING GRABBING....

He takes the time to listen... at first...After waiting for 45-60 min. for my first consultation, he pretended to care about the pain in my wrist. The pain has now been going on for over 4 months. His staff is superficial, his technique is horrible (My problem has gotten worse, I have a tumor-like bulge in my left wrist and there is pain in my ring finger from his treatment), and he only cares about money.Stay away from this doctor... you are honestly better off getting no treatment than visiting his hand center of horrors.

March 26th, 2011

huge ego, thinks too much of himself and talks down to patients and their families....that they know nothing and he knows everything because he's a surgeon. Very immature.

September 20th, 2010

Finally A doctor who talks and explains things to his patients in a clear manner

Dr. Katranji takes his time with his patients. He is quick to establish a rapport. He listens. This sometimes leads to longer wait times but he will come out to the waiting room to explain that to his patients. I am so happy we found him. He is one of the best.