Internist, Addiction Medicine Specialist

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Dr. Abdel Fahmy show details Dr. Abdel Fahmy
May 6th, 2016

Dr. Fahmy is a wonderful, compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner (when he was one, now he just manages). Now he doesn't see many patients. I began my journey of recovery with him and thought he was the doctor for me, but now he seems to be doing more management tasks. He WAS a great doc. If I had a relapse or any type of problem with my recovery, he was right there to pick me back up and tell me that we could make it, I could make it. I believed in him and trusted him. And I don't trust Drs. But now I'm all on my own, he had me believing I could do this, now I'm not so sure anymore. Don't get attached, because he'll drop you faster than change out of a pocket.

Apr 19th, 2016

He's a busy, caring, doctor. Because you aren't rushed though an appointment, sometimes you have to wait a while. He's probably in the middle of caring about someone.

Its a joke show details Its a joke
by Anonymous on Feb 4th, 2016

This is not a great recovery center. I went for 3 years to see him. People continue to use while in treatment/even come in drunk or high and people he brings in for pain management he could careless like he states for breakthrough pain he will stand by you. My progress notes were done 6 months at a time because the counselor don't follow thru. The State should do a through investigation of their practices. The office manager has no idea how to collect from your insurance company either. As a petson he might be a nice man but shady as a doctor and is other doctors in the office (man) just as shady and do not really care about your health. Thank gosh I wasn't a person with a real addiction because I never would have gotten clean.

Great facility show details Great facility
by Kyle on Nov 10th, 2015

Soft Landing recovery is a great facility, with wonderful caring people. you will not find a better place. everything at one facility doctors, nurses, counselors, medication, they even have a massage therapist. people write bad reviews because they don't get what they want when they ask for a lot of medication which is what brought them to soft landing in the first place. if you need help call them.

Oct 27th, 2015

All about the money. Group sessions were poorly planned, and frequently off recovery topics. Patients speak freely of still drinking and using other drugs while taking suboxone and no one blinks. Prices are outrageous. The pharma company that makes suboxone should be notified about the outrageous goings - on there. You never see him again once you're enrolled in his program. Some of the counselors talked more about themselves than anything else. The majority of the population is 18~30. Anyone seeking true recovery while on Suboxone is better off finding a prescribing psychiatrist (on the subprime website) and sticking with a 12 step program. Fahmy has found a way to get around the prescribing limits placed by the pharmaceutical company on the # of patients they are allowed to prescribe suboxone to by calling what he does "an outpatient treatment center". I didn't even know I was enrolled in this "treatment center" until at least 2 months later; I thought I was seeing a doctor. He also has his own lab, and every time they test you, cha-ching! You're told that they take your insurance and will check things out with the insurance to make sure, but they fail to tell you, unlike virtually any other provider, that they are NOT in network, their fees are exorbitant, and you will end up on the hook for many thousands of dollars. When you can least afford it, and in the throes of withdrawal~ they tell you that you must come in already in withdrawal in order to start suboxone ~~ and then when you come you're likely to be told "sorry, not today" and have absolutely no compassion. There is a special place reserved for the office manager, Colleen, who promises the world but then once you're in there will not even return your multiple calls even if you beg. If you're serious about recovery, follow my advice. If you're looking to just add to the list of drugs you abuse, go here.

Glad I came show details Glad I came
by Khloe on Oct 18th, 2015

Addiction isn't easily overcome and I have relapsed before. However I have been clean for close to 3 years thanks to this office.

Sarah and Soft Landing changed my life show details Sarah and Soft Landing changed my life
by Jmac on Aug 7th, 2015

I had been using painkillers regularly for years. Although my pain was gone , I continued to take them to relax and manage my stress. On top of that I was drinking every night. For the last year or so, I was getting the pills fro m friends and and buying them from local dealers. I am a pretty successful business man and absolutely no one in my family or my immediate circle had any idea I was using because they were easy to hide and the addiction was to the point that I was using to just feel "normal". I kept thinking every time I bought more that this would be the last time. I finally realize the trouble I was in when I went on vacation with my family and could not get any. . Although, I did not think at the time I was addicted I started feeling horrible and it got worse every day of that vacation. I realized then that I had a strong addiction and the withdrawals were brutal. As soon as I left the airport I called my "friend" in a panic trying to find more. The next morning, on my way to work, I was listening to the radio and a commercial for "Soft Landing". I felt like the commercial was describing my addiction perfectly and it was a sign meant for me. I called Soft landing when the com mercial ended and they were able to get me in the next day. When I went there I was shocked by how nice the facilities were and how nice the staff was. My image of a rehab facility was a dump with mean people and a bunch of "loser" patients. What I found was an incredibly nice group of people that were very reassuring and really wanted to help me. They described in detail what I was about to go through, the process, what was required of me, and what they were going to do to make this an organized and comforting process. When they told me that there were some obligations on my side (group therapy, drug testing testing, and a 90 day commitment, I got very anxious and almost left. Then I met Sarah S. She was incredible. She sat down with me and talked about how she was going to help make this process manageable, the success stories of many other people that were in treatment, the amazing services that were available to every out patient at Soft landing, and how she personally was going to make me successful and get me out of this terrible that I had put myself in. I believed her and I could see in her eyes that she really cared for me and what she said. Throughout that 90 day period, Sarah worked directly with me. I attended her group sessions, yoga sessions, and meditation sessions. She worked with me to find group options that fit my schedule and really did not impose on my daily life. I joked with her that it was nothing at all like my image of a rehab facility. It was like a nice hotel. Where else can you do Meditation, acupuncture, yoga and massage be part of your weekly commitments? I have not had a drink or any drugs in over 6 months. With the Suboxone they put me on, my withdrawal was not difficult and, for some reason, tapered my desire to use alcohol or pills. It was not only easy to complete the program but Sarah helped teach me how to manage the stress that put me in that position and learn how to enjoy life sober. Thank you to Sarah. You literally changed my life, took the time to convince me that Soft Landing will work, and do all that she could to make this process an enjoyable one. I consider you a good friend. Although I have been out of the program and not required to attend, I start off every Monday morning at Sarah's meditation sessions. Gets me off to a great start every week and I leave there ready to meet the challenges that I am up against both personally and in my business life. If you have a problem - go to Soft Landing. The doctors are awesome, the nurses and counselors = are very cool (Kim, Misty, Regina, and Susan, etc...) and the staff could not be more welcoming. It WILL change your life. Call Soft Landing! Thanks

success show details success
by Ashley R. on Jun 20th, 2015

I have been off of methadone for 3 months now and I have never felt better. I will forever be indebted to Sarah S. for all the things she did for me over the last year. I would recommend any one who wants to turn their lives around to go to Sarah S. and trust what she says because she knows what she is doing and has exceptional skills as a therapist. DBT/Mindfulness has changed my life so much. If you are willing to put the work in you can do amazing things with your life you do not have to stay in the same negative cycles. It is possible to turn your life around, it is never too late if you are willing to put in the work and take your therapy seriously. I was a pain patient who could not go a single day without needing some kind of medicinal help to get through it and now I am off of everything and using the skills taught to me by Sarah to get through the worst of my pain without anything but meditation. I have been using mindfulness and holistic methods for about 9 months now and I am happy to say that it has changed my life. A year ago I was ready to end my life but then I found Sarah and I am in such a better place today. I would recommend the clinical side of Soft Landings to any one who seriously wants to make changes in their life. It is never too late, do not give up on yourself. You are in control of your destiny, so make the most of it.

A fresh perspective on life show details A fresh perspective on life
by Kayleigh on May 4th, 2015

The first day I walked into Soft Landing I was terrified. However, I was warmly welcomed by both the Clinical and Medical staff. As far as the support I received from my counselor Sarah I give Soft Landing 5 stars. Doctor Fahmy has always taken care of all of my medical needs. I’ve had a lot of loss and trauma in my life. I suffer with depression and generalized anxiety. I was incredibly apprehensive to talk about events which I had gone through, open up about them in group and face them. However, I was reassured by my counselor that everything would be okay. After the first time I confided in group and spoke about the things that were effecting me is when I began to heal. I was able to start working on my negative behavior to become the person I want to be. I am still on my journey to become a better person and I have good days and bad days. But, I know with hard work and dedication I’ll get to where I want to go with Soft Landing lighting the way.

helped stablize my life show details helped stablize my life
Apr 17th, 2015

If you are truly sick of dope, be it vicodin, oxy or anything stronger and are ready to quit for good, this is the place to go. Yes you may be trading one addiction for another, but you can slowly taper off suboxone at your own pace and lead a normal life. I have been a patient at soft landings for over two years now and have not seen doctor Fahmy once. My goto doc is Sharif. He is kind, caring and real. A lot of these bad reviews are from patients that were reffered to Soft Landings and thought they were going to see a pain specialist that will prescribe them any type of dope for almost any type of problem. Not here. The docs believe in suboxone and a combination of physiological healing. if you are not ready to get off those oxys, this is not the place to go. the staff is unorganized at times but I can say they are improving. They have taken on a lot of extra help within the last few months and any buisness in the expansion phase will have growing pains. I give fahmy and soft landings 4.5 stars. Life has been great and I am slowly tapering down off the suboxone while living a healthy normal life... not thinking how many pills i have left or if my guy will call me back or when my next script will be ready. PS must have insurance to go here. since my initial 500$ copay i have not payed a single dime With my PPO.

IOP Counseling here show details IOP Counseling here
by Ashley R. on Apr 6th, 2015

While the medical side of Soft Landings Recovery is questionable in their intentions towards caring for patients, the counseling side of the facility saved my life. A year ago I was in a very bad place emotionally and health wise due to multiple factors and was not responding to any known medical therapies. I was referred to Soft Landings for an alternative pain medication options and counseling for severe debilitating anxiety and depression as well as PTSD from an abusive childhood. My counselor is Sarah S. and she is the reason I even remain a patient at Soft Landings. She has worked so hard with me over the past year and thanks to her I am in a totally better place today. She taught me more than any counselor I have ever had before in my life and did not limit her scope of her assistance to solely counseling related matters and helped me find resources for different crisis situations. She teaches DBT/Mindfullness skills that I worked very hard to grasp and apply to my outside life. Thanks to Sarah I am in such a better place today. I can never repay Sarah for everything she has done for me but I am forever grateful to her and I would recommend to anyone who wants to make serious changes in their life for the positive to attend IOP here.

Mar 28th, 2015

After parting ways with this self proclaimed pain specialist, I did a lot of research, found a great PCP who referred me to a real board certified pain specialist associated with a very reputable hospital. I met a doctor who understood the pain I was in, verified that based on what he reviewed the pain was very real and empathized with what I was going through. He listened intently (try getting even passing interest from Fahmy) and he has kept me on the Norco which works while we explore other meds that do not contain acetaminophen. Based on how I react to these other drugs, we try another, and keep searching. I had a spinal cord stimulator trial with some success and continue trying alternate meds until I decide if I want a permanent implant. He is patient and not rushing me into a decision on the unit. He adamantly is against using suboxone for my pain which is what Fahmy was really pushing for. Bottom line is that there are pain management doctors out there who really do care and they are committed to working with their patients to manage the pain. Mine, unfortunately, will be life long, but I am finally confident that this doctor will find the best method of management. He listens, I am not treated like a nobody or a $$ sign. I can't speak to his addiction practice because I didn't get sucked into the suboxone world he recommends. But if it's straight out severe pain you need help managing, I would stay away for this man.

Warning about saboxone!! show details Warning about saboxone!!
by Jay on Mar 4th, 2015

Think long and hard if you really need saboxone before taking it. I have nothing against this office and the staff always treated me extremely well. The issue I have is with the medication I was prescibed. I had come off of a severe disk operation where my surgeon had me on 7-8 norcos a day. I wanted to get off of them and looking back I should have just went through the 2 weeks of withdrawals that I would have got from stopping cold turkey. My surgeon told me to go here and I was put on saboxone for withdrawal. I was led to believe that the withdrawals from Norco would be gone and there would be no issues coming off of the saboxone. Shame on me for not doing my homework. This drug is awful to get off of and far far worse then Norco itself. If you're addicted to heroine or some crazy stuff I could see taking saboxone but for Norco withdrawal just tough it out and do not take saboxone. It's so much better then the last 2 months of insomnia and chest pain and severe anxiety and overall depression and helplessness I've been going through. Please if I can help one person to not have to go through this then I succeeded here, Google saboxone withdrawal and read and read and read before ever considering taking that evil drug.

by Mary P on Feb 23rd, 2015

Negative reviews from people who want pain meds that is the bottom line . If you need help come to soft landings. The doctor has been around a long time and so has his staff. If they were so bad do you think the doors would be open. They have nurses doctors counselor and office people all in the same office. All of the staff is great.

All about money show details All about money
Feb 5th, 2015

Soft Landings comes off as caring facility that is willing to help anyone. They should include a caveat in bold stating as long as you have insurance through a company they can make a huge profit off of! I went thru this program the first time when I had a PPO plan. About a year later, I wanted to come back and they told me that they could not accept me because I now carry HMO. I then offered to pay out of pocket and they still refused me. They are all about making loads of money off of particular insurance companies. I agree with other reviews that this place was unorganized and at times, you are at the mercy of Dr. Fahmy and have to wait hours or days to get a call back from him. The group sessions consist of a few patients going on and on about irrelevant drama in their life, which has nothing to do with addiction. The group leaders do nothing to stop them. What do they care? They are charging the insurance companies $500 per person per session. My advice, find a facility that will find a way to help you no matter what. Not a place that's only interest is milking certain insurance companies.

by TOM BURNS on Jan 6th, 2015

EXCEPTIONAL, HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

by Dan J on Dec 28th, 2014

Dr Fahmy is a smart doctor who knows the difference between pain and addiction. I have been on a payment plan for over a year, no finance charges, no calls from billing asking for money. I deal with Colleen a lot, the office manager, she is very helpful. I like the groups, the staff is great, I am clean.

Great facility show details Great facility
by Kelly S on Dec 18th, 2014

I can not say enough good things about soft landings and dr Fahmy. Staff is helpful, office is clean, they offer massage therapy, yoga, what other facility does this. They also have medication right there in the office. No pharmacy visit. Great facility.

The worst clinic show details The worst clinic
Dec 11th, 2014

This is by far the worst clinic i've ever been to. The staff is completely unorganised, unprofessional and constantly late. I am treated as if I am only a dollar sign. Only one medication is given after a grueling 30 hour withdrawal. Insurance will not cover the medication so a pre-authorization is needed. It takes about 2 weeks for anyone to lift a pen to fill out the paperwork, that is if the paperwork is even picked up off of the 4 fax numbers that they have. If you have an HMO insurance, they won't even distribute the medication to you from their own office. Dr. Abdel Fahmy is rarely there. If you come here I say "good luck to you", which is something the doctor loves to say.

Oct 15th, 2014

I would not recommend this office to anyone!!! I had to reschedule my 1st appointment due to work conflict and the receptionist said "So you don't want to get clean?" How unprofessional is that!!!!! My mom went to Dr Fahmy after her back surgery because it did not help. Her first appt he was on his phone the entire time! She left the office almost in tears because she didn't feel that she was heard. Went and saw him again and got a 2000.00 bill...even he exepts her ins and had a referral for the visit....They admitted to losing the referral and has since sent her to collections. Horrible DR and staff!!!

by Trisha S on Sep 12th, 2014

I like Dr. Fahmy and his staff. I like the groups and have learned a lot. I have been clean for 3 months, this is the most time I have spent clean and I owe it all to Dr. Fahmy. Give Soft Landing Intervention a try

rehabilitation show details rehabilitation
Jul 23rd, 2014

Called on a Sunday and promised we would be called within 24 hours. This was a big call for our family. 72 hours called backSoft Landings to ask why were never called back and they never had a record of us calling. We even gave our insurance info to the girl wjho answered the phone on Sunday. Very disappointed with lack of professionalism this was important and they dropped the ball. We are now going elsewhere.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
by Sarah P on Apr 6th, 2014

I need to write a review for Dr. Fahmy. If you need help with pain or addiction he is the doctor for you. Staff, nurses, everyone there is great and they don't make you feel ashamed for being there. Give Dr. Fahmy a chance you. You won't be sorry.

Be careful show details Be careful
by Pw on Apr 2nd, 2014

After having a spinal fusion surgery on L5-S1 that didn't relieve my nerve pain, I was referred to Dr. Fahmy for help with pain. I was on Norcos at the time and was looking for help managing my meds. There were many red flags I ignored, but a short summary: 1. Dr. Fahmy lied about the drug he was giving me - suboxone - and told me it was a medication for pain. He did not tell me that I would have to go into outpatient rehab to get this drug, nor that it was more addictive than norcos. In fact, I didn’t even know his other ‘office’ was a drug treatment center until the moment I showed up and found myself in a room full of addicts. 2. There was absolutely no discussion of pain management –injections, other meds, etc. 3. No one knew who I was when I showed up and I waited for hours before anyone even talked to me. 4. I was given a bit of suboxone by a nurse (never saw the doc), sent home and told to text Fahmy for help in how much medication to take. He didn't respond to a single text until Sunday night and I spent the weekend having no idea what I was supposed to take or how often. 5. I went to the ridiculous 3-hour group therapy meetings. The counselors there try, but have no idea what they're doing. Example: In one group meeting, we spent 20 minutes watching a comedian on youtube 6. I set up two different meetings to get information and ask him to put me back on pain meds because the whole thing felt completely wrong for my situation. He didn't show up, nor did he let me know he wasn’t coming. When I experienced withdrawals from suboxone his only suggestion was to go back on suboxone. I was so relieved when I was finally rid of him (with the help of my doctor), I cried. Bottom line: If you’re in pain, do not go to Dr. Fahmy. He is manipulative and untrustworthy. The doctors at Dupage Medical are above board and trustworthy, but they drank whatever Kool-Aid Dr. Fahmy is feeding them.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
HE'S NOT BOARD CERTIFIED IN PAIN OR ADDICTION MEDICINE show details HE'S NOT BOARD CERTIFIED IN PAIN OR ADDICTION MEDICINE
by Former Pain Management Patient on Mar 5th, 2014

I agree with numerous other reviewers who believe "Dr." Fahmy, his staff and family are writing the good reviews. Notice that they sound like a commercial, give way too much information, that a normal patient review would not contain AND they emphasize that all the bad reviews are from addicts, who can't be trusted...not so. He has very dissatisfied patients in other areas of his practice. This "doctor" is not board certified in either pain or addiction specialties and has the same training, in these very important areas of medicine, that any internal medicine doctor has. It's a mystery to me why DuPage Medical Group would allow this man to see any of their patients. He claims to be a pain and addiction "specialist" but doesn't have the credentials to back up that claim. He is rude, unprofessional, unethical and violated doctor/patient confidentiality. He was not familiar with my medical condition and did not review my file, even after seeing for a year. If you need a caring, compassionate, knowledgeable pain or addiction professional - who doesn't have to write their own good reviews - then don't waste your time and money with this "doctor". Find someone who is board certified and fully qualified to manage your medical care...someone who is dedicated to their area of medicine enough to continue their education. If you want to be treated rudely and disrespectfully by someone not qualified to treat you in these critical areas of medicine - then this is your guy! If it was possible to rate 0 Stars that's what I would've given.

Mark as Helpful  | 17 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Unprofessional and unethical show details Unprofessional and unethical
Jul 31st, 2013

Overall, interacting with this doctor was a terrible experience. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt during the four months I was his patient, but each encounter was worse than the previous one. I think he needs help, and I'm not talking about 'workload', I'm talking psychological. He is rude, arrogant, demeaning, demanding, and insulting; and those are some of his better characteristics. His comments about other doctors are unprofessional, almost as if he is jealous of their patients' loyalty to those doctors. He needs to be sanctioned or reprimanded by the Dupage Medical Group. My experience with him has soured my opinion of DMG. His comments about my previous doctor were disgusting. His staff is outstanding, but even they know he has problems. I urge you to get medical help elsewhere as I have done.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Oct 25th, 2012

Dr. Fahmy is a great doctor. Please do not believe the other reviews. Patient who have addiction issues are demanding patients, I know, I am one of them. Dr. Fahmy and his staff made me feel safe and welcomed from the moment I walked in.

FInally a doctor who CARES & LISTENS! show details FInally a doctor who CARES & LISTENS!
Sep 24th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Fahmys for a little over a year now. Ive seen him in the Soft Landings office and at Dupage Medical Group. He is the best doctor I have ever had! He doesnt act like most doctors, and is easy to talk to. He actually took the time to read my file and answer my questions. Too many doctors rush you in & out. Their only concern is getting the copay from insurance. Because suboxone is so expensive (costing the same amount of money to me if it is a weeks supply, or a months supply) I remind him of this if I need a refill. There are NO other suboxone doctors that would call in a refill. Unfortunately, Ive been on suboxone for a long time now and have had 4 suboxone doctors before Dr. Fahmy. The other doctors seem more concerned with the copay. They dont care about the patient. Since my very first appointment with Dr. Fahmy, I knew my search was over. What a great doctor!Dr Fahmy even gives his patients his own personal cell phone number in case of emergencies. That is very reassuring because I am dependent on this medication and need to be able to reach my doctor. There is no after hours call center to worry about passing along info.I would recommend Dr Fahmy to any of my friends.

Good and Bad show details Good and Bad
Sep 12th, 2012

I will say to the person accusing him of writing the good reviews himself or having someone write them that I noticed a couple things. The good reviews repeatedly say his name and staff names and alot of them conclude with make sure to call him if you need help. They properly capitalize his name and company name too. I think alot of bloggers might miss some of these practices. In fact the only error they have is some slightly imperfect english like maybe an Egyptian doctor might use. That being said, my experiences with him were good and bad. My biggest complaint is that I was told he could have me put comfortably on Suboxone and detoxed off of it whenever I feel ready wheather its in a week, month, year or never. Once I was on it though, it was no longer up to me. He wouldnt help me off of it. After taking myself off of it finally, I went almost two weeks of cold hard withdrawal and he wouldnt even prescribe a sleeping pill, not 1 medication to assist me. I begged him that I was fighting this as hard as I could and nothing despite the "army of medications" he originally said they would be able to use to ease any discomfort if I ever decide to go off of it. The one thing he did do that was truley great as others pointed out was continue to see me for free when I lost my insurance. This could have been so Id continue to see him when I got it back, who knows. Most of the good points came from the medication itself. I wouldnt be so bitter if I had been told I was there for maintenance period. Keeping my hopes of getting off of it alive while making it appear to be up to me then not helping with it was kinda twisted.

Just Wants Your Money show details Just Wants Your Money
Aug 14th, 2012

What a terrible experience. Here is a guy who purports to be some sort of expert in his field, but really just makes it his goal to shame you into coming back to him for more beatings.

AWFUL EXPERIENCE show details AWFUL EXPERIENCE
by Anonymous on Jul 7th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I truly wish it was possible to give a "no" star review. Considering the vulnerable state that I and other patients of his are when they go ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
This Doctor is BAD NEWS (after he manipulates you through a "honeymoon" period!) show details This Doctor is BAD NEWS (after he manipulates you through a "honeymoon" period!)
Apr 14th, 2012

This Dr is THE most manipulative and an undercover UNprofessional. It is unbelievable tht Dupage Medical Group has him working as their Addiction Medicine Specialist, so he can deem and/or label everyone coming through the door at Dupage Med Group as needing help or as an "addict" for chronic pain issues and refer them to HIS suboxone clinic that he is the owner and CEO of. He herds the patients from DMG over there, along w/ patients from ACCESS (his other place of clinic duty)to SOFT LANDING - where it is an outrageous priced CASH business of getting people hooked on SUBOXONE. He is telling patients that take small amounts of Norco to start on Suboxone, which is a stronger med than Norco and once you are on the Suboxone, you have to have it or the withdrawals are worse than what the original Norco would be. This has happened to two people I know of and almost me! My first couple of meetings with Fahmy, I thought he was the greatest thing that could have happened until I started hearing the rumors about him and my actual surgeon told me to "Do my homework" on him and I found that he is TROUBLE - far more than any of the alleged "addicts" he treats. Unfortunate and he will be caught soon - the DEA has reports on him. If you're in the honeymoon phase with him, I wish you well -- from what I have heard, the cash from Suboxone has made him greedy and he has changed. All too bad for the unsuspecting patients that come for help

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
my experience show details my experience
by Anonymous on Feb 22nd, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

I recommend anyone considering an appointment with Dr. Fahmy to keep looking and seek other providers. Patients have to wait a minimum of an hour (on ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Very, very poor service show details Very, very poor service
by Anonymous on Apr 26th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Wow, the previous review exactly reflects my experience with Dr Fahmy! Saw him within the last couple of weeks after one visit for nothing: he was not ...

Compassion and Professionalism show details Compassion and Professionalism
Apr 21st, 2010

Probably the most caring and compassionate physicians you will ever find. Most doctors have lost site of what their purpose is, helping people in need, as stated in their oath. This man is truly concerned about your well being and legitimately cares about you as an individual.

stay away show details stay away
by honest_and_sober on Mar 6th, 2010

I wish I had the energy to write all my issues with Dr. Fahmy. I'll just say this: I went to him to finally address my addiction with painkillers. My life revolved around a pharmacy. I thought that the stability with suboxone, and the help of Dr. Fahmy would stop that. I was more than ready, more than invested in treatment, and I found myself waiting at the pharmacy, time and time again. He would cancel appointments, and say that he would call in the medication. That's where I found myself "stalking" the pharmacy, awaiting for Fahmy to do his job. If you dare call him on this, he some how twists the story, and makes it your fault. One of the worst things a "professional" in substance abuse can do. Blame and shame is something I feel all the time as a former addict, so it's a mind-mess when the DR. supposing to help you, makes you feel that way. After time and time again, after seeking outside opinions, proving I was drug free, I was advised by several other professionals, that he wasn't professional, he's twisted, and now my opinion, sick.The only good thing about Soft Landing, Fahmy's addiction "treatment" center, is the staff, aside from his brother, whom, by the way, is the one who is contacted by the answering service, after hours, despite the severity of the situation. He is not an M.D. a counselor, an RN, LPN, anything. He is the office manager, secretary whatever. If you ask the answering service to page DR. Fahmy, they say they cannot, they do not have access to do so, and the only option is to page, and get a call back from his brother. And he does NOT call back. I was in an urgent situation, called so many times, never heard back. The answering service did all they could, they were kind, but I never heard from him.In recovery, the mind, soul, and body is recovering. I felt so much shame knowing I was an "addict." I hoped a DR. who supposedly is an expert in the field would help me ease all the complex issues that arise while getting sober. At first, Dr. Fahmy will be all "honeymoon" phase. For about a month or two. Then hold on, it WILL change. All my trust I placed in him was shattered, and I left scarred b/c I felt guilty, until realizing the twisted mind games he plays. Find another referral. PS. I've seen other reviews posted recently on other websites that give him RAVE reviews, after 5 or 6 reviews that are a lot like this one. I'd bet money he asked someone to do it, or did it himself. I overheard him yelling about website complaints, and POOF! all these raving reviews. I smell a rat. Him. Enough said.An Honest, sober patient.

Please stay away show details Please stay away
by Anonymous on Mar 6th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

To all patients, I wish I had the energy to write all my issues with Dr. Fahmy. I'll just say this: I went to him to finally address my addictio ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
To Unhappy Patient , Anonymous & Very Disappointed show details To Unhappy Patient , Anonymous & Very Disappointed
by Succesful Patient - A.M. on Jan 14th, 2010

I would like to address the few reviews on this page from "Unhappy" , "Anoynomous" & "Very Disapointed" and the reviews set forth by them as what they call a review. Dr.Fahmy is not a so called Money Hungry Addiction Doctor as stated. Look around at other doctors and you'll find that out. The initaial payment you speak about was years ago and i payed it myself and received nothing but the the best treatment of my addiction, mental status, follow up and a caring staff. Evidentally it wasn't within yourself to have the will power to stay sober and beat the odds. I've been a patient of Dr. Fahmy's for almost 3 years now and my first intial payment was for a year of treatment where i was stabalized in a remote location with a nurse on staff for the transition of the best thing called Suboxone. For that whole year i paid nothing and received the treatment needed for a hard core addict. At one point I lost my job and after that year was up I was still treated without expectation of any money cause of the care and compassion Dr. Fahmy has to see people get better both pysically & mentally. If you call for treatment things have changed since the iniatial down payment for a year of treatment to suit the needs of the addicts that WANT to get sober and live their live as they should. I have the privilidge to not only get the treatment needed from Dr. Fahmy but also to utilize the Counseling Service he does provide on site with Lea. If your not in this 100%, your gonna get nothing out of it and from just those 3 reviews I just read, evidentallly these patients were not fully commited to the program and full sobriety. I have introduced many of patients to Dr. Fahmy and they all are still patients and would not go anywhere else due to the care received in his office by the himself, his staff and his counseler Lea. They have done great things for not only me but my friends also that were at their lowest place and I highly recommend anyone reading this to call him and get back on track with his & his staff's help. Have an open mind and come 100% cause you will get 110% back from them.

A True Friend show details A True Friend
Jan 11th, 2010

From the very first moment I placed the initial call to Soft Landings to look into getting help for my addiction to opiates(vicodin & oxycontin), the office staff and especially Dr. Fahmy have been nothing but friendly, professional, and considerate. During my initial visit - I was most impressed by the genuine nature of Dr. Fahmy. I truly felt that he took a personal interest in my problem, health history - as well as me as a person. For once in my life - I did not feel like a number in a doctor's office. So to those of you that may be looking to explore Soft Landings and becoming a patient under the guidance of Dr. Fahmy - I would like to leave you with one fact. Since my initial visit 7 months ago, I have not taken 1 vicodin, oxycontin or any other opiate. I am very happy with my results. With results such as mine - I would not mind having to wait an extra 15 minutes for an appointment every once in a while.

Worse than a used car salesman! show details Worse than a used car salesman!
by unhappy patient on Dec 28th, 2009

I wouldn't even call Fahmy a "Dr." When he initially tells you about his treatment program it sounds wonderful, but everything he tells you is just a line to get your money. Neither he nor his staff do any of the things that they say they are going to and do very few things that are supposed to be part of the $4500 "program". Opiate addiction treatment requires trust, which is never fostered. Fahmy makes things much more difficult than they should be and is definitely not worth all of the $$$ he charges. He calls his company "Soft Landing" but it should be "Crash Landing".

Very Disapointed show details Very Disapointed
by Very disapointed on Dec 8th, 2009

When you come to an appointment with Dr. Fahmy plan to spend the day waiting to see him because he is always late or doesn't show up at all. He spends less than 10 minutes with you after obviously not reading your chart because he doesn't know your name or anything else about you as a patient. He doesn't answer questions , address concerns, or return phone calls. He shows a lack of interest and no desire to help. He acts as if it a burden and a bother when he does see you for the 10 minutes. The staff says that you need him he doesn't need you so don't complain, or he will just refuse to see you as a type of punishment if you mention the very long wait times. He is very arrogant and hostile when speaking to you. His staff is very unprofessional and uninformed. No one wants to help and treats the patients like they are non-humans when they find out that you are there to see him for Suboxone therapy. Your information is not kept private or confidential by the staff. The staff will call out your name and loudly ask you questions about your treatment or why you are there. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is able to find anyone else that can help treat addiction. He does not practice according to the oath that he took when he decided to become a doctor and surronds himself with a staff that is just as unprofessional.

Terrible Doctor..Stay Away show details Terrible Doctor..Stay Away
by Unhappy ,Anonymous on Feb 10th, 2009

Dr. Fahmy is not qualified to treat people for addiction. He spent 15 minutes with me, gave me an rx for Suboxone and promised me a therapist to see for counseling. Online counseling is not counseling! He charged $4500 dollars for his "program". He quoted me a much lower amount on phone. When I came in for 1st visit, he switched price. He was ALWAYS late for appointments, some times he did not show up at all. He would never return phone calls, getting a refill called into pharmacy took days! He is unprofessional. He swore to staff members in office and was verbally aggressive. His staff is not trained and should not be providing counseling either. He is terrible and I would advise NO ONE to go to this doctor. He will not help you. He is a scam, will just take your money! He should be shut down.