Dr. Abdel Fahmy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 7th, 2016
Dr. Fahmy "IS" the Perfect Fit For Your Recovery
I have been going to Dr. Abdel Fahmy for 5 years now and when I started I gave him a run for his money. I was rude, obnoxious and really peeved that I was there, but he was never anything but patient, compassionate and kind. I have stumbled a few times in my recovery and every time, he was there to pick me back up and get me back on the right track. He never gave up or washed his hands of me, Fahmy never once called me an addict or made me feel as one. Instead, he educated me on how I ended up where I was and how this was not my fault. Yes, his wait time is extreme at times and others it is not. But what doctor's office ever sees a patient on time? I've never been to one. And if Fahmy happens to take a call or a text while he is with you, it's not like he's talking with his Grandma! He's very connected to all of his patients and their needs. What kind of a Dr. hands out his personal cell phone number? A Dr. who only wants the best for his patients, one who wants to see them recover, one who wants to be accessible 24/7 for his patients. If it was you on the other end of that text and you were coming down off of something, I would imagine you would want him to answer too. If you have come to Dr. Fahmy for him to continue your pain meds, you ARE in the wrong office. If recovery is the furthest thing from your mind and if you leave angry, then you should go back to your spineless Dr. who sent you to Soft Landing, telling you that Dr. Fahmy would now continue your pain meds for you because he/she didn't have the balls to tell you themselves that you have been on the pain meds too long and need to get off. I thank the heavens everyday that I met Dr. Fahmy, because I am personally in a much better place than I was 5 years ago. Dr. Fahmy is nothing but professional, understanding and very confidential and very personable. He expects you to be open and forthcoming with him if you are serious about your recovery and therefore is open and forthcoming with you. All I can say is with the utmost sincerity, thank you Dr. Fahmy from all of us that you have helped over the years and given us a very safe and soft place to land.

May 6th, 2016
Dr. Abdel Fahmy
Dr. Fahmy is a wonderful, compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner (when he was one, now he just manages). Now he doesn't see many patients. I began my journey of recovery with him and thought he was the doctor for me, but now he seems to be doing more management tasks. He WAS a great doc. If I had a relapse or any type of problem with my recovery, he was right there to pick me back up and tell me that we could make it, I could make it. I believed in him and trusted him. And I don't trust Drs. But now I'm all on my own, he had me believing I could do this, now I'm not so sure anymore. Don't get attached, because he'll drop you faster than change out of a pocket.

April 19th, 2016
He's a busy, caring, doctor. Because you aren't rushed though an appointment, sometimes you have to wait a while. He's probably in the middle of caring about someone.

February 4th, 2016
Its a joke
This is not a great recovery center. I went for 3 years to see him. People continue to use while in treatment/even come in drunk or high and people he brings in for pain management he could careless like he states for breakthrough pain he will stand by you. My progress notes were done 6 months at a time because the counselor don't follow thru. The State should do a through investigation of their practices. The office manager has no idea how to collect from your insurance company either. As a petson he might be a nice man but shady as a doctor and is other doctors in the office (man) just as shady and do not really care about your health. Thank gosh I wasn't a person with a real addiction because I never would have gotten clean.

November 10th, 2015
Great facility
Soft Landing recovery is a great facility, with wonderful caring people. you will not find a better place. everything at one facility doctors, nurses, counselors, medication, they even have a massage therapist. people write bad reviews because they don't get what they want when they ask for a lot of medication which is what brought them to soft landing in the first place. if you need help call them.

October 27th, 2015
All about the money. Group sessions were poorly planned, and frequently off recovery topics. Patients speak freely of still drinking and using other drugs while taking suboxone and no one blinks. Prices are outrageous. The pharma company that makes suboxone should be notified about the outrageous goings - on there. You never see him again once you're enrolled in his program. Some of the counselors talked more about themselves than anything else. The majority of the population is 18~30. Anyone seeking true recovery while on Suboxone is better off finding a prescribing psychiatrist (on the subprime website) and sticking with a 12 step program. Fahmy has found a way to get around the prescribing limits placed by the pharmaceutical company on the # of patients they are allowed to prescribe suboxone to by calling what he does "an outpatient treatment center". I didn't even know I was enrolled in this "treatment center" until at least 2 months later; I thought I was seeing a doctor. He also has his own lab, and every time they test you, cha-ching! You're told that they take your insurance and will check things out with the insurance to make sure, but they fail to tell you, unlike virtually any other provider, that they are NOT in network, their fees are exorbitant, and you will end up on the hook for many thousands of dollars. When you can least afford it, and in the throes of withdrawal~ they tell you that you must come in already in withdrawal in order to start suboxone ~~ and then when you come you're likely to be told "sorry, not today" and have absolutely no compassion. There is a special place reserved for the office manager, Colleen, who promises the world but then once you're in there will not even return your multiple calls even if you beg. If you're serious about recovery, follow my advice. If you're looking to just add to the list of drugs you abuse, go here.

October 18th, 2015
Glad I came
Addiction isn't easily overcome and I have relapsed before. However I have been clean for close to 3 years thanks to this office.

August 7th, 2015
Sarah and Soft Landing changed my life
I had been using painkillers regularly for years. Although my pain was gone , I continued to take them to relax and manage my stress. On top of that I was drinking every night. For the last year or so, I was getting the pills fro m friends and and buying them from local dealers. I am a pretty successful business man and absolutely no one in my family or my immediate circle had any idea I was using because they were easy to hide and the addiction was to the point that I was using to just feel "normal". I kept thinking every time I bought more that this would be the last time. I finally realize the trouble I was in when I went on vacation with my family and could not get any. . Although, I did not think at the time I was addicted I started feeling horrible and it got worse every day of that vacation. I realized then that I had a strong addiction and the withdrawals were brutal. As soon as I left the airport I called my "friend" in a panic trying to find more. The next morning, on my way to work, I was listening to the radio and a commercial for "Soft Landing". I felt like the commercial was describing my addiction perfectly and it was a sign meant for me. I called Soft landing when the com mercial ended and they were able to get me in the next day. When I went there I was shocked by how nice the facilities were and how nice the staff was. My image of a rehab facility was a dump with mean people and a bunch of "loser" patients. What I found was an incredibly nice group of people that were very reassuring and really wanted to help me. They described in detail what I was about to go through, the process, what was required of me, and what they were going to do to make this an organized and comforting process. When they told me that there were some obligations on my side (group therapy, drug testing testing, and a 90 day commitment, I got very anxious and almost left. Then I met Sarah S. She was incredible. She sat down with me and talked about how she was going to help make this process manageable, the success stories of many other people that were in treatment, the amazing services that were available to every out patient at Soft landing, and how she personally was going to make me successful and get me out of this terrible that I had put myself in. I believed her and I could see in her eyes that she really cared for me and what she said. Throughout that 90 day period, Sarah worked directly with me. I attended her group sessions, yoga sessions, and meditation sessions. She worked with me to find group options that fit my schedule and really did not impose on my daily life. I joked with her that it was nothing at all like my image of a rehab facility. It was like a nice hotel. Where else can you do Meditation, acupuncture, yoga and massage be part of your weekly commitments? I have not had a drink or any drugs in over 6 months. With the Suboxone they put me on, my withdrawal was not difficult and, for some reason, tapered my desire to use alcohol or pills. It was not only easy to complete the program but Sarah helped teach me how to manage the stress that put me in that position and learn how to enjoy life sober. Thank you to Sarah. You literally changed my life, took the time to convince me that Soft Landing will work, and do all that she could to make this process an enjoyable one. I consider you a good friend. Although I have been out of the program and not required to attend, I start off every Monday morning at Sarah's meditation sessions. Gets me off to a great start every week and I leave there ready to meet the challenges that I am up against both personally and in my business life. If you have a problem - go to Soft Landing. The doctors are awesome, the nurses and counselors = are very cool (Kim, Misty, Regina, and Susan, etc...) and the staff could not be more welcoming. It WILL change your life. Call Soft Landing! Thanks

June 20th, 2015
success
I have been off of methadone for 3 months now and I have never felt better. I will forever be indebted to Sarah S. for all the things she did for me over the last year. I would recommend any one who wants to turn their lives around to go to Sarah S. and trust what she says because she knows what she is doing and has exceptional skills as a therapist. DBT/Mindfulness has changed my life so much. If you are willing to put the work in you can do amazing things with your life you do not have to stay in the same negative cycles. It is possible to turn your life around, it is never too late if you are willing to put in the work and take your therapy seriously. I was a pain patient who could not go a single day without needing some kind of medicinal help to get through it and now I am off of everything and using the skills taught to me by Sarah to get through the worst of my pain without anything but meditation. I have been using mindfulness and holistic methods for about 9 months now and I am happy to say that it has changed my life. A year ago I was ready to end my life but then I found Sarah and I am in such a better place today. I would recommend the clinical side of Soft Landings to any one who seriously wants to make changes in their life. It is never too late, do not give up on yourself. You are in control of your destiny, so make the most of it.

May 4th, 2015
A fresh perspective on life
The first day I walked into Soft Landing I was terrified. However, I was warmly welcomed by both the Clinical and Medical staff. As far as the support I received from my counselor Sarah I give Soft Landing 5 stars. Doctor Fahmy has always taken care of all of my medical needs. I’ve had a lot of loss and trauma in my life. I suffer with depression and generalized anxiety. I was incredibly apprehensive to talk about events which I had gone through, open up about them in group and face them. However, I was reassured by my counselor that everything would be okay. After the first time I confided in group and spoke about the things that were effecting me is when I began to heal. I was able to start working on my negative behavior to become the person I want to be. I am still on my journey to become a better person and I have good days and bad days. But, I know with hard work and dedication I’ll get to where I want to go with Soft Landing lighting the way.

April 17th, 2015
helped stablize my life
If you are truly sick of dope, be it vicodin, oxy or anything stronger and are ready to quit for good, this is the place to go. Yes you may be trading one addiction for another, but you can slowly taper off suboxone at your own pace and lead a normal life. I have been a patient at soft landings for over two years now and have not seen doctor Fahmy once. My goto doc is Sharif. He is kind, caring and real. A lot of these bad reviews are from patients that were reffered to Soft Landings and thought they were going to see a pain specialist that will prescribe them any type of dope for almost any type of problem. Not here. The docs believe in suboxone and a combination of physiological healing. if you are not ready to get off those oxys, this is not the place to go. the staff is unorganized at times but I can say they are improving. They have taken on a lot of extra help within the last few months and any buisness in the expansion phase will have growing pains. I give fahmy and soft landings 4.5 stars. Life has been great and I am slowly tapering down off the suboxone while living a healthy normal life... not thinking how many pills i have left or if my guy will call me back or when my next script will be ready. PS must have insurance to go here. since my initial 500$ copay i have not payed a single dime With my PPO.

April 6th, 2015
IOP Counseling here
While the medical side of Soft Landings Recovery is questionable in their intentions towards caring for patients, the counseling side of the facility saved my life. A year ago I was in a very bad place emotionally and health wise due to multiple factors and was not responding to any known medical therapies. I was referred to Soft Landings for an alternative pain medication options and counseling for severe debilitating anxiety and depression as well as PTSD from an abusive childhood. My counselor is Sarah S. and she is the reason I even remain a patient at Soft Landings. She has worked so hard with me over the past year and thanks to her I am in a totally better place today. She taught me more than any counselor I have ever had before in my life and did not limit her scope of her assistance to solely counseling related matters and helped me find resources for different crisis situations. She teaches DBT/Mindfullness skills that I worked very hard to grasp and apply to my outside life. Thanks to Sarah I am in such a better place today. I can never repay Sarah for everything she has done for me but I am forever grateful to her and I would recommend to anyone who wants to make serious changes in their life for the positive to attend IOP here.