Dr. Abdelkader Hawasli Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Abdelkader Hawasli?

October 4th, 2017

He changed my life

I was a bit nervous to go see Dr. Hawasli after reading some of the previous reviews. YES I had to wait 3 hours to actually see him. Looking back, I realize that there is a wait because he is THE BEST. Between his consultations and followup appointments I do understand why they cram in appointments for him. It honestly made me feel good knowing that there were so many people waiting for him, that's a sign of a good doctor! I have Crohn's disease and was referred to Dr. Hawasli by my GI doc. Dr. Hawasli had previously performed the same surgery I needed on my doctors family member. Just knowing that my doctor would send me to someone he would send his family to put my mind at ease. I had seen a previous surgeon who wanted to take very drastic measures on my bowel resection. Once I saw Dr. Hawasli he had a different approach and knew that he needed to do the bare minimum in surgery due to my disease. I scheduled the surgery the day of my consult and left feeling very nervous. I live in Rochester Hills so the thought of having my surgery at St. Johns left me feeling very nervous as this hospital was far away from my home and I had never been there. The day of surgery rolls around. Dr. Hawasli and his colleagues visit me prior to surgery and go over the scheduled surgery. He was so confident that it really made me feel good. I woke up from surgery to find out he had to take a little more drastic measures due to how diseased my intestines were. He had removed all of my actively diseased intestines and for the first time in years I had hope of a normal life. The recover process was much better than I imagined. Dr. Hawasli visited me in the hospital as well as his large team of residents. The hospital stay was great, the docs and surgeons were amazing. The nursing staff went above and beyond to help manage my pain and help me get around. When I say that Dr. Hawasli changed my life I truly mean it. The surgery could not have gone better and I am SO happy to have been referred to him. I am so thankful I did not choose the first surgeon who wanted to do things so much different. I scheduled my surgery followup with his office partner because I did not want to wait 3 hours, I wish I could have hugged him and thanked him for all that he did. Go see this doctor, he really does do magic on belly surgery!

November 26th, 2016

The doctor changed his tone with me when the procedure wasn't working. He denies any mishaps. Don't believe their hype that 'we will never leave you alone'. They totally left me alone.

September 8th, 2016

Highly Recommend

Dr. Hawasli has performed 3 surgeries on me all with excellent outcomes. I would recommend him to anyone and have.

June 24th, 2016

Poor staff. Beware.

Lots of shanaganans going on with his office staff. If you want people to play games with your health, this is the place to go. Dr. Is okay but is probably unaware of the games his staff can play. Was going to let him know what was going on and got a call that my appt was canceled and not to come on property. This how they deal with whistleblowers.

November 30th, 2015

The wait isn't worth it!

Dr. Hawasli is a greatly recommend Doctor, but his appointment practices are atrocious! You will wait hours! And I mean maybe some time 4 hours to see this man! As far as I'm concerned no one is worth that wait!

June 2nd, 2013

Wonderful Caring Doctor

It was a great experience dealing with such caring and informative doctor who exercised a great deal of patience in detailing everything about the procedures and making sure I understood everything clearly

May 18th, 2013

Dr Hawasli is an experience that has changed my life far above & beyond my original expectations. He is an educated man & medicine seems to be naturally encoded in his DNA. He is a compassionate man who genuinely cares about the overall well being of his patients. In the future, should I receive a medical diagnosis that requires surgery, Dr Hawasli will be the first man I contact. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon, I suspect that he is also a beautiful & giving humanitarian. Thank You Dr Hawasli for saving my life.

March 2nd, 2013

Amazing surgeon

I would recommend this surgeon 100%. He operated on my father and not only did I feel like my dad was taken care of by the best, I also felt like I was kept informed of all possible senerios. Everytime I saw him, even if only for a few minutes, I never got the impression he was rushing or treating me different because I was a female. I'm sure he is extremely booked bc he's great at what he does. After taking my father on as a pt I thought he was extremely attentive and caring. I think of him as a role model for anyone in the medical field and greatful for finding him to care for my family

October 27th, 2012

Doesn't like women

I am not sure if he is adequate surgeon or not. He would not answer my question or even look at me. After I asked straight forward question twice with him completely ignoring me my husband finally asks him same question and then he decided it was worth his time to answer the question. I complained to his staff and they told me outright that he doesn't respect women at all. I would never trust him.

August 26th, 2012

Dr. Hawasli "The Professor of Surgery"

Dr Hawasli is truly a professor of medicine and surgery. He is highly expert in surgery and patient care. he explains well. He alerted me to other potential medical issues that I have never noticed. he is a true hero who looks after his patients.Ever thankful for you Dr. Hawasli

March 15th, 2011

Bariatric Patient

Sleeve worked greate

August 9th, 2010

Waiting time

Great doctor, but extremely overbooked. For both of my appts I waited at least 2 hours in a very small room packed with people and no TV. Everyone in the waiting room did nothing but complain. He did a great surgery on me, and that's what really counts, but the wait time is outrageous.