Abdul R Shahzad MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

February 10th, 2016
Excellent surgeon
He had done my Inguinal Hernia surgery at Ellenville Regional. He was professional and on time. The fact that he was there for me when in the recovery room and answered all my questions is top notch.

August 13th, 2015
He is a great doctor!!

June 11th, 2015
Very skilled, very thorough and proactive, he stood by and supported my decisions not a board who tried to convince me to do what i did not want to do. In the end my decision and his saved my life when a board of surgeons ,oncologists and others would rather my cancer spread for me to deal with again at a later date. My cancer would have and was spreading but Dr. Shahzad supported my decision and fought for me! I would recommend him highly to anyone.

April 24th, 2015
Hard to rate diagnosis or follow up because I don't know because I am not doctor and have to assume it is right diagnosis and maybe a follow up isn't necessary I don't know but no one from his office has contacted me to tell me what is normal procedure or what is next either? But again maybe its because he is relying on other doctors to do it due to my situation which is breast cancer.

January 16th, 2015
A Great Human Being
Over the past six years, I came to know Dr. Shahzad very well because he was my father's surgeon. The extra years that our family had my father in our lives was thanks to Dr. Shahzad's skill as a surgeon and compassion as a human being. He truly cares about his patients and goes above and beyond to help them. In my opinion Dr. Shahzad is a wonderful doctor.

January 10th, 2015
After consulting specialists in NYC and beyond, I found myself in the local hospital. When all others failed to find a cause, this surgeon found a life threatening condition and corrected it. He is one of the finest human beings I have come across. His constant care and bedside manner calmed and encouraged.

May 1st, 2014
Wouldn't take my pet rock there
If there was an option for no stars that's what I would choose. Discourteous staff. Never a call back (due to their 90 minutes lunches perhaps?) Doctor has absolutely no bedside manner and acts like he is the head of surgery at Johns Hopkins. Think I'd rather stay in pain.