Dr. Abigail Neiman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Abigail Neiman?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Abigail Neiman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2017

I travel to see Dr Neiman from out of state. She was my doc when I lived in Houston. After moving out of state and spending over a year trying to find someone like her near my current home, I came back. She is SO worth the travel time and expense. It is unusual to find a doctor that strives to keep up on new treatments and regimens to treat her patients.

November 9th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Neiman for about 10 years. In the time I have been a patient I have had problems with her office staff. Dr. Neiman gave me instructions to have my pharmacy notify her office when I needed refills. After many attempts by the pharmacy I have had to call the office and request the refills. I have also had trouble with billing. When I tried to talk to Dr Neiman about any of these problems she became defensive and either blamed the pharmacy or myself. Needless to say I habw changed doctors.

September 16th, 2015

Dr.Neiman is the best, and most qualified doctor I have ever been blessed with. Her kindness and concern for me have gone above and beyond anything I could ever hope for. Dr.Neiman is always continuing to seek new ways of treating my health conditions as they worsen. I highly recommend her with all my heart and soul.

July 26th, 2015

She is the best at what she does

Love this doctor. Very knowledgeable and I like that she keeps up to date on all of the new treatments. Very comfortable to be around which says a lot because I don't feel that way with most doctors. Very professional but still love her hippy laid back attitude. @0 minutes was the longest I ever had to wait. There have been times when this doctor has went beyond what she had to to help me. Staff is courteous and very friendly without being or trying to be to personal.

April 1st, 2015

Patient since 2007

Dr Neiman has always been open to let me try medications for my RA and Sjogren's Syndrome. She will take as long with me as she needs to during an appointment. Anytime I have a painful finger joint or trigger finger she will inject me during my visit (although she does not use lidocaine with cortisone and it really really hurts). I've been out of the country for extended periods of time and she will always squeeze me in for last minute or short notice appointments. I have been living in Canada for the past year and my so called rheumatologist here would continue to prescribe me Enbrel, although she thinks I do not need it, but she would not write me a letter for the insurance company to provide reimbursement. That's over $900/month Canadian and now $1800/month when she bumped my dose up to 50 mg/week. Dr Neiman wrote the best letter to the no-formulary/secret process insurance company telling them I am in near remission and to change my medications for even a short while would be extremely detrimental. They're paying now. She did not have to do that and she didn't get paid anything for it but I am so grateful. The Canadian system wants me to try all the old generation drugs, and fail them before trying Enbrel. Dr Neiman's assistant Pam draws blood and help patients with their infusions - she can draw blood from a stone, never leaves a bruise and is a very kind and thoughtful person. I've sometimes had problems with getting refill requests from the pharmacy attended to by her staff and I think she could hire some more competent people for the front desk. However, since being diagnosed with a chronic, incurable and potentially crippling disease, she has been so kind and cheerful and willing to listen if I ask her about trying different medications. I am looking forward to returning to Texas in a few months and resuming being her patient. I am so not impressed with the Canadian healthcare system.

March 23rd, 2015

One of the best doctors I've ever met.

March 5th, 2015

Compassionate

She is The only Doctor to accurately diagnose And treat me. She stays on top of things. When my insurance would not approve my prescription, she called me in to discuss alternatives.

December 10th, 2013

I should of done this a long time ago. Dr. Neiman saved me. I went to so many doctors that basically told me it was in my mind. All Those doctors wanted to do was give me anti-anxiety/depressants. I'm happy! Not one bit anxious! Being a RN, I knew what was happening. I was not being listened to. My primary sent me to see her and changed my future! I was diagnosed with Lupus. Dr. Neiman listened. I didn't want anti Anything or any pain medications. She put me on a couple of meds. Took a bit, but she found a regimen that helped. I'm so thankful. I'm able to continue to work without pain. You might wait a bit, but when it's your turn to see her it's not a rushed appointment. She will call back personally. Labs right there. If you need treatment for rheumatic disease, then Dr. Neiman is the one!

September 20th, 2012

She's Fantastic!

I tell everyone I know or have an opportunity to visit with that has authritis to see her! She took me out of my wheelchair and put me to walking and enjoying life again! I owe more to this doctor than I can ever repay she gave me more than just healing she gave me quality life back! I have been with her for over 7 years and HIGHLY recommend her! She is up to date on all the stuff that helps us her patients and her staff have always been just as great as her! And Pamela shes a wonderful reflection on the care that you get from the whole staff(I call her the vampire lady) because she does all the blood drawing samples, with no pain!... is fantastic too!

May 13th, 2012

I loved her.

I've seen many doctors over the years and after what feels like a million tests we still didn't have any real answers. I was referred to Dr. Neiman by my physical therapist and I loved her. The office wait was long but she's the only Dr. and she spent at least an hour in the room with me at the first visit. I've never felt rushed at follow-ups either. I finally feel like I have a Dr. that cares about what I have to say and involves me in the care of my own health. We have one diagnosis and there is a possible other but she says that its too early to say it definitively so we're going to test further. I feel like after years of trying to figure this out that I'm finally going the right direction.

November 22nd, 2011

Dr is rude and so is her staff. Does not care about the patient and what they have to say.

September 15th, 2011

Wonderful experience

She is a great listener and doesn't try to talk over what you are trying to say, but lets you make your own questions and then answers you and asks more questions. If you know womething works for you and your pain, she may suggest something else or modyfy what you are doing or if you are happy about what's been going on, she will work with you! Cheerful,knowledgable, cares, really cares about her patients!