Dr. Abir Marcus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Abir Marcus?

September 25th, 2017

I would like to give this Dr. ZERO STARS IF POSSIBLE. Dr. Marcus wad referred by an inpatient facility I checked myself out of and I was sorry I ever went to see her. My first appointment I was withdrawling from an opiate addiction being treated with Suboxone after a severe back injury. I was distraught, physically drained, emotional and clearly showing all the symptoms of Suboxone withdrawal. Upon entering her office she just stared at me and asked me why I was crying. WTF? This woman is emotionless, only cared about getting her money upfront so she could keep me hooked on Suboxone. I suffered severe lethargy from being on this medication so she prescribed Provigal to me. I did not know what it was nor the side affects. I later learned it's a drug that's supposed to be used to treat narcolepsy????!!!! I had a a horrible reaction to the drug, broke out in a rash all over my body which turned into a strep infection. When I called the Dr. To make a regular appointment and discuss the rash she told me I couldn't come in because her receptionist was pregnant. I was so upset I called her to express my feelings about her treatment of me as a patient that she banned me from the practice, most likely to cover her mistakes and her butt. Years later I am left with scars on my whole body from the rash I developed from using Provigal. This drug should have never been prescribed to me for the purpose of lethargy. I should have sought legal advice at the time but I was too weak both mentally and physically. I see now that she has opened a medical spa called Birovenus. I would be leary of any procedure performed by Dr. Marcus. I hope to God she is not seeing patients for addictions anymore, she is the least compassionate person I have ever encountered. I've since found a very caring Dr. Who continues my treatment with Suboxone in an effort to wean me off the drug. Dr. Marcus only cared about her weekly /monthly visits so she could collect her upfront cash for the visit. She could have cared less about my well being which was evident at every visit. I didn't go to her for very long before I realized how cold hearted she was. I would strongly warn anyone wishing to be treated by this Dr. to please reconsider and seek out other options.

April 19th, 2016

The best!

Dr. Marcus is the best doctor I have ever seen. She is very gifted and she takes the time to survey the whole picture of your health and works with you to get back on track. I would recommend her to anyone for a variety of health issues. She is the best! Don't waist me your time at another doctor.

November 12th, 2015

Stay away! Terrible experience. They only care about money! They told me there would be no charge and then charged my credit card.

July 30th, 2013

not the best

she barely talks to you and is quick to prescribe medication based on a 5 minute conversation with you, which costs a fortune by the way.. i saw her for psychiatry but her office is designed almost like a spa. apparently she performs some beauty treatments as well and kept trying to push these skin care procedures on me which just made me feel even more insecure when i already have poor self-esteem about my appearance. difficult to understand, bizarre office environment, and costs a fortune for a FIVE minute evaluation.. do not recommend

April 22nd, 2013

Very expensive. Doesn't offer much help.

She really doesn't say much. Listens to your problem does the uh-huh and head nod. Asks few questions. Very quick to prescribe things that you may not need. Receptionist is not very bright. She has trouble understanding how you want to pay. Told her I wanted to pay with a different credit card from now on and she kept charging the old one. I also saw a man sniffing powder in the waiting room as I was leaving. Very strange place. I am no longer depressed because I realize that theres sadder people in the world than me.

November 5th, 2012

okay

I have never been to another psychiatrist so I can't compare. . Sometimes I have trouble understanding her because of her accent. I really have nothing good or bad to say, but I had to comment to fill out the survey!

April 12th, 2012

Great Doctor Who Really Cares About Patients

Doctor Marcus cured me of the pain from before I started my career using a procedure called EMDR. I had previously been to several doctors who did nothing for me. I am on my way to full recovery. She really cares about her patients and is an excellent doctor. I am now a more passionate man full of energy and ready to take on whatever the world has to offer me in a positive way. I am excited about the future now. Thank you Dr. Marcus you are the best!

February 15th, 2012

Great Dr. She Knows What Doing

I would highly recommend Dr. Marcus. I had been to other Drs who really didn't get me, it, etc. Dr. Marcus analyzed my symptons and came up with a game plan. She did a really great treatment and although its still ongoing but things are really great in my life presently. I went in for relationship insecurity and got sleeping better and more focused as a benefit. She was able to unlock all these demons in my head so I can start living a happy, confident live. No more sleepless in Red Bank for this guy. I have gotten the life back in my eyes. She is very good at what she does and is dedicated in healing her patients.

January 3rd, 2012

Dr Marcus has always been there for me.

She helped me overcome my addiction and even when I slipped she was there for me.The office is comfortable and you don't feel like anyone is judging you.It's been two years and I will continue to see her.Anyone who says she doesn't care is obviously still getting high.

August 3rd, 2011

She Really Turned My Life Around!

I owe my complete turnaround in my condition and addiction to Dr. Marcus. Was it not for her and her staff and would still be a drag on society. Today I am self sufficient and am making a contribution to society. I am clean and drug free. I know that each day is a new day and I could always fall back to where I was. If I ever do, I know Dr. Marcus will help to get back to a safe spot. I will continue to seek the help of Dr. Marcus on a regular basis. She is the best.

July 14th, 2011

run as fast as you can

This so called doctor whom yes may have all types of credentials is MONEY hungry. Went in and at first the. Teeth weren't quite showing yet for what her one and only intent was to get them sunk into my wallet. She is more into pumping botox into you and stuffing stimulants down your throat despite a possible problem with pills in first place. I actually wanted to go back after leaving for a couple years for her weight program except this time was gonna do without stimulants. Well I called since I was running less than 5 min late and was RUDLY spoken to by her and she reaffirmed he unprofessional and sick minded tactics. She is awful. Inside and out. Except on the out she looks frozen from all her botox. RUN RUN RUN. She is nothing but a quick fix herself.

February 16th, 2011

STAY AWAY!!!

Dr Marcus is the worst health care professional i have ever met!! Her main concern seems to be her financial well being as opposed to the well being of her patients. I consulted her post partum and she insisted I come back every week. She pushed 4 different heavy medications on mE THAT I DID NOT NEED NOR TAKE and insisted on me calling my husband on the phone! She took advantage of me at a very very vunerable time. I consulted with another doctor after my husband and I were OUTRAGED and the new doctor helped me sooo much! He told me I was fine and gave me some lexapro to manage the hormonal hump! NOT NARCOTICS FOR A RECOVERING ADDICT!! Terrible terrible doctor!.