inactive

Abode L Hamoush MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

March 31st, 2013
People always forget the good
Dr hamoush saved my relationship by teaching my boyfriend and I how to cope with one of us being an addict with mental illness. He was also the only doctor that helped me want to be sober. We looked forward to our visits and week by week he got me through my ongoing issues. Everyone has their problems, and if dr hamoush was suffering himself, he's only human. All that I can say is he's the best and most understanding psychiatrist I have ever had. Definitely a step up from high point. HPs prompt appointments don't make up for the help that I don't receive from them. I hope that someday he gets to practice again because I would definitely want him as my doctor again.

March 11th, 2012
Susan Wentworth, proud office manager
I have been reading the comments made by past patients of Dr Hamoush and feel saddened that out of 95 Suboxone patients (many with dual diagnosis) and approximately 65-75 psychiatric patients that there are a few that have expressed their opinions in such a negative fashion. Then I remember a line from a movie that says "the bad stuff is easier to believe" and how sad that is! I understand that the comments made are being made by patients with substance abuse and mental health issues but the average person reading the comments does not undertand that. I myself had misunderstood Dr Hamoush at a point, and yes he is a psychiatrist specializing in substance abuse treatment but first and foremost he is a human being just like the rest of us. I have worked in the healthcare industry for a number of years and I find Dr Hamoush to be extremely compassionate in understanding the needs of each individual patients needs, unfortunately patients with substance abuse and/or mental health issues do not like to hear or deal with the truth, or have a very hard time grasping the self knowledge that they may have an illness that has a stigma attached for so many years. There is no question that patients had to wait sometimes, however it was because if he was treating a patient and there was an issue or a relapse, when he was with a patient he was devoted to that patient and their immediate needs and gave every patient the same courtesy and compassion. It is such a heart warming feeling when a patinet states that Dr Hamoush's clinic "saved their life", "made them feel better about themselves after years of feeling bad" and those are the comments that make the clinic what it truly is and as a employee knowing you can make a difference in at least one persons life makes all the negative, misunderstood comments a small part in the bigger, brighter picture!!

July 8th, 2011
dr.hamoush sucks
i aleays waited 2 hours to see him. i always never wanted to see him because i didn"t want to wait 2 hours. than got a letter that he was no longer perscribing meds. and his office is closed. i went without my medicine.and had to start all over again with a new docyor. don't go and see him.

June 12th, 2011
good

May 26th, 2011
Made my life a living nightmare

May 16th, 2011
Aweful Dr. He has disappeared from his office over 2months ago and he us just sending out letter s now. He is the worst Dr ever. I can't believe a socalled professional would just abandon all his patients i hope he gets his lisence revoked he us a crook.

April 28th, 2011
Doctor is among the missing????
Totally disgusted with him, he is controlling, his attitude, ego and how he talks to his patients is like they are low life! treats his patients and staff poor and makes them wait hours for scheduled appointments then sees you for 4 minutes so he can bill insurance.I left the office for a real professional!He hasn't been in the office for over 2 months.

April 27th, 2011
Absolutely horrible
go somewhere else! This doctor is frickin horrible, I have been with dr. Hamoush for well over a year now and I can not say that I have ever seen anything like this office. He is very often rude and disappointing, he use to make me and my family wait for more than three hours everytime even though we were early and then would see us for less than ten minutes. I am an outstanding Patient and have never given a dirty urine but he always treated me like I was a low life, don't expect much from him , but a waste of time. He has now disappeared for more than two months and now my script has run out and I am now going through withdrawals and his receptionists have this to say " I don't know" he believes that he is superior to everyone even his workers, he did have sex with one of his receptionists many of the twenty people in the waiting room witnessed him having relations with her over the coarse of her short employment there. On top of that when asked about it he devishly laughed it off obviously denying it. My girlfriend whom is not an addict could not believe the conditions of my doctors office, she was eight months pregnant and he let us wait over four hours on my only day off of my fifty plus hour work week which he knows about because it is one of my main topics for my stress when I do actually get to see the doctor for ten minutes, even though he is charging my insurance for an hour long session. Mass health is investigating him and I'm sure blue cross isn't too far behind. I want to puke everytime I see him considering how non-chalant he is even though he has me in for my two o'clock family appointment and it was then six eighteen. Save yourself.

March 23rd, 2011
Local Professional who happens to be his patient
Dr. Hamoush is extremely unprofessional, violates hippa laws by discussing matters in front of other patients and staff, he has A HUGE EGO, He THINKS HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND DOES not believe what you say even when you are truthful and have the info to prove it. He humiliates his patients and staff in front of others and the office wait is extremely unacceptable, I literally waited 4 hours for an appointment once. I've consistently noticed several turnovers of the office staff which usually indicates in an office setting that the Dr. is hard to deal which is proof that my comments and others on this board are true. He has been among the missing for the past month, which is really strange. All appointments and groups have been cancelled and you get no answers from the staff. I suggest you go somewhere else because you will have a difficult time.

March 14th, 2011
dr hamoush
he cant make appointments for crap he cant send your medicine over to the pharmacy he gives you the wrong medicine he tells you to go to the clinic when he isn't going to be in he dosent call you when hes not going to be in i called him approx.135 times and he picked up once then hung up on me and then when i called from another line he picked up and told me to come in the next day which again he wasn't there and if you got an appointment at 3:00 prepare to be there till 7:00-7:30 im taking suboxone which he prescribes for me and i ran out yesterday and there's still no word from the doctor when he will fill my script so im just going to get withdrawals nice freakin doctor do not go to this doctor

January 30th, 2011
Dr hamoush was recommended to me by a very well known Dr from McLeans. I am very pleased with Dr Hamoush. He is very professional and the same goes for the staff.They have state of the art computers and spend as much time with you as is needed.

January 12th, 2011
Do not see this DR.
Dr. Hamoush is one of the worst dr.s I have ever seen. I have waited a max of 4 hrs to see him for about 15minutes. He over charges the health insurance and is being investigated by MassHealth. He is moody, rude, and unprofessional. He he crazier then his patients. He also has slept with a young staff member. (probably during office hrs) As I personally saw them dissapear into his office for about an hr. If I can give anyone advice it would be to look for a different dr.