Abraham Lebenthan Is this you?

Have you seen Abraham Lebenthan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 22nd, 2017

Lebenthal is terrific

I had a gigantic hiatal hernia and was seen for several years by a pulmonologist for breathing problems and a gastroenterologist for acid reflux. Even though they are in the same practice on the Southcoast, they never compared notes and put two and two together. By the time I got to Dr Lebenthal at Brigham and Women's!, I was in bad shape and had great difficulty breathing. Dr. Lebenthal quickly scheduled me for surgery and totally fixed my problem. He is kind, thorough, and a class A surgeon. My life is finally back and I feel 20 years younger!!!

June 24th, 2017

fantastic doctor

He did surgery on my boyfriends stomach 1 year ago and since the surgery my boyfriend has not been sick to his stomach or had pneumonia.I think anyone who has thorastic problems especially veterans and are concerned about whether this Dr. can help should not hesitate to make an appointment with him. He is tops in my book. Thankyou sir for making my mans quality of life better.

January 9th, 2017

Saved my husband

We met Avi because we were in the ICU and my husband almost died. The entire ICU team was wonderful but Avi grabbed hold of my husbands case and would not let go until we had answers. He provided his ell phone number and was quick to respond. His staff is helpful and sweet. They do everything they can to keep up with the promises Avi has made to get you in quickly. He treats you like a person not a patient.

August 1st, 2016

A grateful Family

Dr. Lebenthal was the most caring and assailable physician that we have encountered during my grandfather's illness. His ability to read his patients and tell my grandfather straight was exactly what he needed to go through with his treatment plan. Without Dr. Lebenthal's phenomenal medical skills my grandfather would not have made it through stage 3 esophageal cancer. We will always be grateful l for all the time and compassion that he showed towards my grandfather.

July 28th, 2016

Saves lives. You're a person, not a number.

You want the best? Stop your search here. Excellence in his field, personable, a DR who CARES, one who gives his cell number for calls and texts, (even while having dinner with his family!), sure you may have to wait for a bit of time, but isn't your life worth it?

July 15th, 2016

Highly Skilled Surgically and Cares

Dr. Lebenthal performed Achalasia surgery on me in January. I can honestly say that I have not had any problems since the procedure. He follows up on a regular schedule and you are seen by HIM! Although he has impeccable credentials, he comes across as a "regular guy" and seems to thoroughly enjoy his work.

June 22nd, 2016

An exceptional surgeon.

I was diagnosed with mesothelioma in my right lung. This form of cancer is caused by asbestos that was widely used on navy ships and submarines. I met Dr. Lebenthal through the Veterans Assistance center. The Center tip me off about a few surgeons that were the best in the world and advised me to get in touch with Dr. Abraham Lebenthal in Boston. After describing my case to Dr. lebenthal he invited me to Boston for examinations and tests before en eventual surgery. The tests he ordered were important to reassure a successful mesothelioma lung operation. Dr. Lebenthal is very thorough and meticulously prepared before a surgery. Unfortunately a heart stress test scan revealed a coronary heart desease that had to be dealt with first. I an now recovering from a trippel bypass heart operation and hope to return to Boston for the mesothelioma surgery. The hospital staff at the veterans hospital speaks highly of Dr. lebenthal and assured me that I am in the best of hands. During my stay in Boston Dr. Lebenthal has shown compassion and extreme knowlege of my case. I feel secure and comfortable to return to Boston for the next surgery.

May 6th, 2016

I first met Dr. Lebenthal almost by accident, due to complications of a lung biopsy (not performed by him), and he happened to be on-duty at the hospital (B&W in Boston) to handle my case. In spite of this non-auspicious beginning I was pleasantly surprised by his knowledge, professionalism and capacity of conveying medical concepts in a direct and accessible (but not patronizing) manner. Throughout all our interactions, he left the distinct impression that he genuinely cared about my well-being and never left a personal or telephone call unanswered.If/when I need surgery to remove a lung tumor, Dr. Lebenthal will be at the top of list of names to consider.

May 5th, 2016

Dr began to treat my husband two and a half years ago for malignant mesothelioma. He was the first doctor I ever had who even gave me his personal phone # so I could reach him at any time. He answered my questions, kept me in the loop, so I always knew he was there to help. Sadly Bill passed away three weeks ago, but Dr. was away, as soon as he returned and was aware he called me at once. I would send any of my family to him for treatment.

April 6th, 2016

Dr Lebenthal performed a hernia repair laproscopically and did an awesome job. Beside manner was great, and his follow up care has been outstanding!

June 17th, 2014

Phenomenal surgeon with a bedside manner to match

This page is not long enough to write about how we feel about Dr. Lebenthal. It's so unusual to find a surgeon that not only has a great bedside manner but "golden hands" to match. He is a very caring, capable and compassion doctor and always speaks in words that we can understand. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found this special man. He not only cares about his patients, but takes the time to speak to them positively and compassionately. We always felt confident in the surgery that he performed on my husband and thank him from the bottom of our hearts. He's just THE BEST!!!!! We thank you and love you Dr. Lebenthal. You're #1 in our book!

April 17th, 2014

Great Surgeon

My husband had Esophageal cancer. Dr Lebenthal was the surgeon that performed the operation in which my husbands esophagus was removed and replaced with his stomach. It was a huge success. Dr Lebenthal answered our questions completely and in words we could understand. He kept my husband comfortable and pain free. I will encourage my family and friends to consult with Dr Lebenthal if they need surgery as I feel he is the best this country has to offer.