Anesthesiologist, Otolaryngological Surgeon, Physiatrist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
by S. R. on May 7th, 2014

Worst Dr. I have ever been to! Judged me within first 5 minutes of seeing me... didn't ask any questions about medications taken... and basically kicked me out of his office telling me he was not the right physician to treat me!!! I will not only not be going back there... but I had a ton of people waiting for me to refer them... wont be to him!!! What a jerk!!!

Jan 26th, 2012

dr rivera is a caring doctor he takes good care of me.i have a morphine medrophonic pump and it workes well for me.he has always taken the time to listen to my needs and problems.and i think the issue with some people are that costal pain managment and dr rivera treat real pain paitents not someone looking for a prescription.he will spot you a mile away.he is an old fashion dr with morals so he will see through you.he is very well respected in his field and i am proud to say he is my dr.I can call him when i have a problem and he always returns my calls.how many other drs do that.he is a fine surgern and i always am at ease with him when im in his care.im glad to be his patient.you dont find many dr out there that care as much as dr rivera doesLorraine s

Sep 15th, 2011

I had a great experience with Dr. Rivera. He treated my back pain and I feel better than ever. I had to wait for a while to get in with him, but it was worth it.

Jul 28th, 2011

Dr Rivera is a fine man even though I rated him low. He means well but he is extremely hyper and really really has problems listening to me and my needs. He implanted the morphine pain pump and he did an excellent job but getting him to understand what your trying to say is futile. The morphine itself I believe is not doing me well but he wants to do more surgery to see if the catheter in my spine is properly placed. Another huge bill I can't afford. I can tell there is no problem there I just don't like morphine distributed this way. Its hard to explain in simple terms but he needs to slow down most of all and improve on listening and clear out his cell phone mail box so a person can leave a message.

|  Scam Artist Extraordinaire  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Dr Rivera works at Coastal Orthapedics in Bradenton, FL. The entire organazation is a scam. They require a drug test upon arrival. No problem right? They don't send the test away to a lab, they merely stick something in it that tells them whether you have been useing drugs or not, right there in the office. Then they billed my insurance company $1587 for the drug test. The lab they DON'T send it to is owned by Coastal Orthapedics & is of course an out-of-network provider. So now they say I owe them, since United Health Care didn't pay.

|  Be very careful  |  show details
by patient when he was in albany ny on Apr 1st, 2009

Be very careful had stimulator put in did not work right the test stim worked better i told him to take out and asked him to take out everything he put in he said it would be like i never had anything in well he left in hold downs that hold wire ends to nerves and they gave me more pain for years they stuck out and i never new he left them in until my recent surgery were my back surgeon found one and took it out so what he did is just pull the wires out and left the hold downs in very sneaky doc may be he should not take so much pain meds him self and treat people at same time just be careful with him I would find someone else