3.0

Kicked in Face by 1000LB Horse Dr. Refuses To Order Imaging show details Kicked in Face by 1000LB Horse Dr. Refuses To Order Imaging
Jun 22nd, 2012

I was referred to Dr Sorom in the ER 3 days prior to his seeing me. His exchange would not contact him over the weekend. He was told how I was kicked in the face while my horse was dying and heard a loud snap and was thrown violently to the ground. He told me my nose was straight and would heal on its own. that I did not need imaging. 1 week later I could not breathe out he left side of my nose and there was a hard lump which turned out later was a bone fragment. I called and he would not talk to me so I told his nurse and she said he refused to order imaging. I begged that I did not want permanent damage and that I needed to see what was fractured. He refused again and said to make another appointment. It was too late as it was now 10 days post injury and you only have a 7 day period to do a closed reduction for nasal fractures. He also failed to dignose my concussion. My primary care Dr. took over that day, ordered the imaging, dignosed a concussion 10 days after my injury and found out later that I had my nose displaced with a bone fragment and a compressed airway. I then followed up with 3 facial reconstructive surgeons to determine what to do next. We had to wait 9 full months before it could be surgically reconstructed when it could have been imaged after my accident and repaired. This Dr should have referred me elsewhere if he could not help me, instead he told me I was fine sent me home and was wrong.

Great show details Great
Mar 13th, 2012

Dr. Sorom, is a great Dr, I recomend him to anyone that is looking for someone you can trust.

Just like all the rest show details Just like all the rest
May 18th, 2011

A family member went to see him to get some relief for severe ear problem- fluid behind the ear drum which has been there for months and months and no other doctor so far has helped. He had high hopes after reading so many positive reviews of this doctor. The doctor spent all of 5 minutes with him and barely checked him out, gave him a generic prescription that my family member expressed this was tried before and didn't work. They all seem to just treat the symptoms, don't really investigate to see what the cause is, and DO LISTEN to the patients. This is a common experience with most doctors here in Eugene. Most of the staff in this office is even worse. Very uncaring and rude.

Bill show details Bill
Sep 27th, 2010

Great Bedside manner. In the room promptly. Very smart and knowledgable.

by bill on Feb 19th, 2010