Dr. Abram Berens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 35 reviews

December 7th, 2016
Dr. Berens is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. He is definitely one of the most thorough doctors I've ever seen and truly takes his time with you to understand and address all of your questions and medical needs. Would highly recommend him to anyone!!

August 30th, 2016
Excellent doctor
Dr Beren's is a great doctor. He is very detailed and thorough. He addressed all my needs. I would recommend this doctor to everybody. He is wonderful.

July 25th, 2016
Patient review of expensive Visit for nothing in return
I have insurance first of all. So I went in for a checkup on a skin issue i was having. He did not prescribe me anything or take any normal tests, nor did he officially diagnose my issue, just told me lets wait till after your wedding and we may have to do a biopsy. I get a bill for $150.00 for this. I tried to contact him to discuss the reason for the bill but he refuses to speak with his patients outside of a scheduled doctors visit. This guy is a doctor who doesnt care about his patients. Only about his money! Never did i get any reasoning behind the bill but they did tell me there was nothing i could do only pay it or get sent to collections. This guy is a crook and i am looking into legal action now to see if any rules were broken.

October 6th, 2015
Excellent Doctor!!!
Dr. Berens is an excellent doctor and his professionalism is impeccable. This is also reflected in his staff. He is one of the most thorough doctor's you will encounter as he details everything ensuring that you are of utmost priority. On every visit, he spends a lot of time listening to your needs and addressing each and every one. He follows up and does not miss a beat. I am extremely happy with this doctor. It was faith when I walked into his office which I might add is very clean and aesthetically pleasant.

April 14th, 2015
Concerned and very knowledgeable
Dr. Berens is a concerned and very knowledgeable physician. Strong recommended.

April 7th, 2015
Most Unprofessional Dr Ever!
Run, run, run as fast as you can... Dr Beren's and his practice is a complete joke. It all started when my husband made an appointment for a general physical at 8am, the receptionist did not arrive until 8:15 and advised him his appointment was at 9am, which was their first mistake because I was standing right next to him when he made the appointment for 8am, never the less he was not seen until after 10am and was there until 12 pm, therefore missing a half day of work, which we would of been fine if he had received a decent physical. Dr Beren's talked to my husband for a minute about his health, did not advise him on what tests were being completed and then proceeded to talk to him about hair plugs- my husband can grow hair, he chooses to shave his head. We were mailed the results of the blood work but will be taking the. to a different dr to explain to us because we received a $393.00 bill from the lab for the blood tests that Dr Beren's performed because they were not medically necessary. We attempted to call and speak to someone in billing for days regarding the tests that were performed and we were told that she was out of the office, after telling the receptionist that we were going to go on-line and give a bad review of the customer service Dr Beren's himself called my husband back. I seriously thought we were being pranked...Dr Beren's was screaming at my husband stating that we were cyber bullying him- a review is simply voicing our opinion and experience not cyber bullying, he stated that he is a dr and does not have time for this and it is not his problem what our insurance covers- which we have a great ppo plan. A week later we received the paper work that my husband signed stating that he would be responsible for what insurance does not cover and they highlighted his signature- we are not idiots- obviously they get their patients to sign this to seek no responsibility themselves- all we wanted was an explanation of why these tests were done, then we received another $45 bill for more tests that were completed for a total bill of $463 for an annual general physical. The staff at Dr Beren's is rude and unprofessional, Dr Berens performs unnecessary tests and he is obviously in the medical field for the money and cares nothing about his patients.

November 17th, 2014
If it wasn't for Dr. Beren's insistence that my husband get a stress test, since the former results from another cardiologist's office wouldn't send it to him, my husband would have died. They also took an ekg and found a glitch, put him in the hospital the next day, and had to put a stent in. THANK GOD for Dr. Berens!!! He rocks!!! As for me, he makes sure that I am taken care of from head to toe. Not may doctors do that. We are grateful he is our physician!!!

November 13th, 2014
awesome practice
Dr. Berens runs a very professional business. He and his staff are very helpful and tend to my medical needs. He is very detailed and documents all information. all his advice has changed my life.

November 7th, 2014
Excellent Physician
Dr. Berens is very knowledgeable and willing to help out. I went for my annual check up along with a follow up visit and can only say Ive been pleased with the thoroughness of not only the examination but how very smooth the experience from walking in to leaving was . He makes sure to spend enough time to properly give you all the information and answers any questions you may have.

October 24th, 2014
A doctor who cares
Dr. Berens is a thorough, compassionate doctor who has (for over 20 years) taken excellent care of me. He has even resolved medical issues for me while he was on vacation! He sincerely cares for his patients and I cannot recommend him highly enough. His office staff, Dineen is the best!!! :~)

October 23rd, 2014
finally
Finally a doctor that listens. Finally a doctor that takes TIME. I never felt like i was one of the masses pressing him for time. This man instills confidence. I was seeking a new primary care doctor after growing frustrated with not being listen to. Finally all my concerns were addressed and a health care plan mapped out with clear goals,i could not be happier.

February 24th, 2014
TERRIBLE!
Wow! Beware! Do not go to this scam artist! He failed to have a private room for the consultation. We sat by the front desk near the secretary! I told him what my symptoms were and advised him of a possible diagnoses from my own research. He advised me that there was no way I was right and sent me to a specialist. The specialist advised me that it was exactly what I thought it was. The follow up appt. with this fool he acts like he knew it was that the entire time. I never RETURNED then I get a bill for $80 for a missed appointment! What a JOKE this guy is! I called and told the secretary this was crazy and she advised she would call me back but instead I never heard back and she charged me the $80!