Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

by jktms on Jan 29th, 2015

I have seen the doctor for over two years and believe he is caring and compassionate. He is intelligent, to the point and always advocate healthy life style. It hard to get a good doctor like him with with a Medical and Medicare insurance. He is very strict when it comes to prescribing pain medication. If you are looking for narcotics, that is not a place to go. It seems like he is overwhelmed by the patients seeking for drugs. The cons; Hard to get appointment. If you need to be seen right away, ER or urgent cares are your best options

Worst Doctor EVER show details Worst Doctor EVER
by Jessica Elks on Jan 6th, 2015

This is the doctor Medi-cal assigned me too. I went for my first initial appointment. My appointment was at 2pm. I was the only Caucasian person there. The rest were Russian. This is a Russian doctors office. Now I have no issues with Russian. My best friend for 13 years is Russian. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he took all these walk in Russian patients, none of which were seriously or even mildly ill or hurt, before he took me. I had an appointment and was even there early. He didn't see me until the office emptied of all other Russian patients at 4pm. I got ti the exam room. I just moved t o Sacramento and had not been to a doctor in over a year. I have asthma. I asked for a refill on my current prescription which was Xopenex. He refused to refill that. It has lower amounts of steroids in it. He instead would only refill with albuterol inhaler. I also tried to explain that my feet are in a lot of pain. I am 200lbs and am 5 foot 3 inches. I know I,m over weight but i have never had an issue with my feet. They feel numb but it is the pins and needles numb even when I'm off of my feet and they are elevated. If I'm on my feet too long there is a painful stabbing and burning sensation in my left foot on the arch. Now i ware jell inserts in my shoes and am on my feet for 15-19 hours a day fir the last year. Reason being my husband was in a car accident. He is now at home but he us a C1 complete quadriplegic and on a ventilator 24/7 to keep him breathing. So I'm on my feet all day either caring for him or our autistic son. So no the pain is not because of my weight. But thus doctor would not listen to me. He refused to do any thing or even look at my feet. Another patient walked in and all hes said to me was "loose weight" and "your inhaler has been faxed to the pharmacy." Then he left to go see the other patient and I was sent home.

Mar 6th, 2014

The staff was courteous and helpful. It is hard to get appointment but once there. minimal waiting. The doctor is friendly and through. Very clear explanation.

dr. Tekola show details dr. Tekola
by <3 hanna tekola on Feb 11th, 2011

dr. tekola is my daddy :)