Dr. Abrham Tekola MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 12th, 2016
patient / housewife
Dr. Tekola, as well as ALL of the staff here are VERY courteous. Handling ALL problems in a timely manner. Dr. Tekola is SUCH a caring, GENTLE man, easy to talk to, and VERY UNDERSTANDING. This is BY FAR, the best physician I have EVER met.

April 26th, 2016
Reassuring and to the point, but slow on follow-up
I like how Dr. Tekola focuses on promoting a healthy lifestyle, and doesn't prescribe medications unnecessarily. He's always been reassuring after making a diagnosis, and leaves me with peace of mind afterwards. However, I will say that the office is very slow to send claims; still waiting on a referral I requested over 2 months ago... Even so, I'm overall satisfied with this doctor.

October 13th, 2015
a very bad doctor
I went to this doctor with serious symptoms. He told me to go home and drink water. After a lot to questions that I had he finally agree to send me to a laboratory. Fortunately, I was right. Only after this he called me and sent a prescription for antibiotics to the pharmacy.

August 7th, 2015
Worst doctor
Very bad dctor. I was with my grandad and he never listened to his complents. He gave him medicine not needed and made it so that he lost a leg because he got an infection and no medicine to treat it

January 29th, 2015
I have seen the doctor for over two years and believe he is caring and compassionate. He is intelligent, to the point and always advocate healthy life style. It hard to get a good doctor like him with with a Medical and Medicare insurance. He is very strict when it comes to prescribing pain medication. If you are looking for narcotics, that is not a place to go. It seems like he is overwhelmed by the patients seeking for drugs. The cons; Hard to get appointment. If you need to be seen right away, ER or urgent cares are your best options

January 6th, 2015
Worst Doctor EVER
This is the doctor Medi-cal assigned me too. I went for my first initial appointment. My appointment was at 2pm. I was the only Caucasian person there. The rest were Russian. This is a Russian doctors office. Now I have no issues with Russian. My best friend for 13 years is Russian. What I do have a problem with is the fact that he took all these walk in Russian patients, none of which were seriously or even mildly ill or hurt, before he took me. I had an appointment and was even there early. He didn't see me until the office emptied of all other Russian patients at 4pm. I got ti the exam room. I just moved t o Sacramento and had not been to a doctor in over a year. I have asthma. I asked for a refill on my current prescription which was Xopenex. He refused to refill that. It has lower amounts of steroids in it. He instead would only refill with albuterol inhaler. I also tried to explain that my feet are in a lot of pain. I am 200lbs and am 5 foot 3 inches. I know I,m over weight but i have never had an issue with my feet. They feel numb but it is the pins and needles numb even when I'm off of my feet and they are elevated. If I'm on my feet too long there is a painful stabbing and burning sensation in my left foot on the arch. Now i ware jell inserts in my shoes and am on my feet for 15-19 hours a day fir the last year. Reason being my husband was in a car accident. He is now at home but he us a C1 complete quadriplegic and on a ventilator 24/7 to keep him breathing. So I'm on my feet all day either caring for him or our autistic son. So no the pain is not because of my weight. But thus doctor would not listen to me. He refused to do any thing or even look at my feet. Another patient walked in and all hes said to me was "loose weight" and "your inhaler has been faxed to the pharmacy." Then he left to go see the other patient and I was sent home.

March 6th, 2014
The staff was courteous and helpful. It is hard to get appointment but once there. minimal waiting. The doctor is friendly and through. Very clear explanation.