Dr. Ace Lipson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 19th, 2016
Best local doctor I have had; my primary physician for many years

January 8th, 2016
Update
Having just read a number of the reviews, I feel compelled to provide an update. My wife and I are long-time patients of Dr. Lipson's. We have always found him compassionate and smart. He is an excellent diagnostician and takes adequate time to understand your history and your current condition. There was a period when the office staff was less than ideal, but that has improved. While the wait time can sometimes be a little longer than I would like, it is primarily because he does not rush through appointments. Overall, we are very comfortable being in his care.

September 27th, 2015
He is an excellent diagnostician

October 27th, 2014
Brilliant
What a pleasure to have a physician who is as caring as he is competent. Dr. Lipson has been my G.P. for more than 25 years. I wouldn't dream of seeing anyone else.

June 2nd, 2013
Outstanding and caring physician
I've seen Dr. Lipson for nearly 3 decades and he's extremely caring, respectful and a careful listener. Other doctors have told me he is the best diagnostician in Washington. His careful treatment helped me to manage thyroid disease which I believe went into remission because of his careful treatment. He also helped me recognize and change my lifestyle to halt encroaching cardiac problems. I have found him to be both an excellent endocrinologist and internist with impressive knowledge and experience. A very kind, intelligent and patient physician. Outstanding in every way.

May 31st, 2013
Horrible Office Staff -- Major Practice Decline
I have been a patient of Dr. Lipson's for the past 6-7 years. In the past, I have valued him as a doctor because he has been very thorough and taken the time to discuss and research the problems I have had (thyroid-related and other) which were not immediately obvious and tried to find viable treatment solutions. However, now that I have encountered a new problem, I can see there has been a major decline in his practice. His office is woefully understaffed, and to be frank, the few people who he has helping him are horrendous. His lab technician has a terrible attitude, and I actually observed a very rude encounter that she had with Dr. Lipson, where he just shrugged his shoulders. When you call, expect to be placed on hold for a very long time and often forgotten. Also, do not entrust his staff to relay accurate messages, if you are trying to speak directly with Dr. Lipson. I am not clear on whether the dysfunction is all due to the poor office support, or if Dr. Lipson also is slowing down and not longer is willing to take the time and concern that he used to help uncover and address patient problems. Regardless, I am looking to change practices in the near future -- my current experience in dealing with Dr. Lipson's practice is incredibly upsetting and disappointing.

November 9th, 2012
Ace Lipson is a lifesaver
He's a doctor who really cares, knows his stuff cold, is a tireless worker, and has the respect of every medical professional I have ever talked to in this DC Metro area, from nurses and PAs to other specialists. 4-star ratings hardly do him justice.

November 9th, 2012
Ace Lipson is a lifesaver

October 12th, 2012
Lipson is a superb, caring endocrinologist
Dr. Ace Lipson has helped me manage my type I diabetes for many years. Although I was diagnosed with type I diabetes about 30 years ago, I have no diabetic retinopathy or neurological or renal manifestations, which I attribute to Dr. Lipson's excellent care. He listens carefully, and I feel that he is working with me rather than simply dispensing pharmaceuticals and advice from on high.

August 23rd, 2012
Useless
Staff is forever changing. Rushed atmosphere, no follow-up. No apologies. Awful. Most likely behind schedule. Find someone younger and brighter. PLEASE RETIRE.

July 16th, 2012
Great doctor, office could be more efficient but is improving
Competent, open, straight--takes time with you. V. responsible. Office has been spotty but recently revamped systems and hopefully will be on an upward track.

July 9th, 2012
Good doctor, horrible staff
This is an excellent doctor who I will no longer see because his staff is surly and unresponsive.