Internist, Endocrinologist

1120 19th St NW
Ste 200
Connecticut Ave - K Street, Washington, DC 20036
202-296-3443
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Outstanding and caring physician  |  show details
by L. on Jun 2nd, 2013

I've seen Dr. Lipson for nearly 3 decades and he's extremely caring, respectful and a careful listener. Other doctors have told me he is the best diagnostician in Washington. His careful treatment helped me to manage thyroid disease which I believe went into remission because of his careful treatment. He also helped me recognize and change my lifestyle to halt encroaching cardiac problems. I have found him to be both an excellent endocrinologist and internist with impressive knowledge and experience. A very kind, intelligent and patient physician. Outstanding in every way.

|  Horrible Office Staff -- Major Practice Decline  |  show details
May 31st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Lipson's for the past 6-7 years. In the past, I have valued him as a doctor because he has been very thorough and taken the time to discuss and research the problems I have had (thyroid-related and other) which were not immediately obvious and tried to find viable treatment solutions. However, now that I have encountered a new problem, I can see there has been a major decline in his practice. His office is woefully understaffed, and to be frank, the few people who he has helping him are horrendous. His lab technician has a terrible attitude, and I actually observed a very rude encounter that she had with Dr. Lipson, where he just shrugged his shoulders. When you call, expect to be placed on hold for a very long time and often forgotten. Also, do not entrust his staff to relay accurate messages, if you are trying to speak directly with Dr. Lipson. I am not clear on whether the dysfunction is all due to the poor office support, or if Dr. Lipson also is slowing down and not longer is willing to take the time and concern that he used to help uncover and address patient problems. Regardless, I am looking to change practices in the near future -- my current experience in dealing with Dr. Lipson's practice is incredibly upsetting and disappointing.

|  Ace Lipson is a lifesaver  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2012

He's a doctor who really cares, knows his stuff cold, is a tireless worker, and has the respect of every medical professional I have ever talked to in this DC Metro area, from nurses and PAs to other specialists. 4-star ratings hardly do him justice.

|  Ace Lipson is a lifesaver  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2012

|  Lipson is a superb, caring endocrinologist  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr. Ace Lipson has helped me manage my type I diabetes for many years. Although I was diagnosed with type I diabetes about 30 years ago, I have no diabetic retinopathy or neurological or renal manifestations, which I attribute to Dr. Lipson's excellent care. He listens carefully, and I feel that he is working with me rather than simply dispensing pharmaceuticals and advice from on high.

|  Useless  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

Staff is forever changing. Rushed atmosphere, no follow-up. No apologies. Awful. Most likely behind schedule. Find someone younger and brighter. PLEASE RETIRE.

|  Great doctor, office could be more efficient but is improving  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Competent, open, straight--takes time with you. V. responsible. Office has been spotty but recently revamped systems and hopefully will be on an upward track.

|  Good doctor, horrible staff  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

This is an excellent doctor who I will no longer see because his staff is surly and unresponsive.

|  A superb Doctor.  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

Dr. Lipson combines superior diagnostic skills with a warm personality. He has treated me for over 30 years, through hospital stays while diagnosis was uncertain to colon cancer 10 years ago and got me through it all.

|  Concerned, Interested, and Thorough  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

I'd highly recommend Dr. Lipson. He's out of my insurance network but worth it.

|  Unbelievably Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Brilliant, caring, knowledgeable. The best all-around!

|  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Ace is great. He is extremely knowledgable and listens to you. His corrective actions in my treatment when I first became his patient saved my life. When the problem is beyond him he will say so and refer you to a physician that he personally knows and trusts. The staff is also great.

|  Caring, competent and compassionate  |  show details
by M.M. on Jun 24th, 2008

He is one of the best. Bright, loves what he does, takes a phenominal history, good bed side manner... he listens and does not rush you in an out...so he really gets a good sense of the patient on the first visit. First visit is a long wait. I waited 2 months but, it was worth it.

|  My doctor for 24 years.  |  show details
by M M Rowell on Feb 20th, 2008

Dr. Lipson is the very best diagnostician in the business. His judgment is excellent and his referrals have all been excellent. If you are sick and cannot get a proper diagnosis, there is no one better. We have referred several friends to him and they have also been pleased. He is a caring physician who listens.