Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not the one for me  |  show details
by Max on Dec 29th, 2013

I did not enjoy Alprin. He always shot me down when I asked questions (this is my first pregnancy), I could NEVER get ahold of him or any nurse practioner within the office, I would sit on hold forever until someone would answer and then direct me to the wrong department again. His famous quote was "thats normal thats normal" whenever I questioned my feelings. However, I would get different answers from WebMD or another doctor. I was not pleased. I transferred providers because I was just not comfortable and (TMI) whenever he would do a vaginal check he was everything BUT gentle. Kept telling me to relax, its not easy to RELAX with that huge clamp up in your business. I went into him one time early due to having the weird pressure feeling like your organs were falling through your vagina and without warning he grabbed my belly very forcfully to feel if my son had dropped, it hurt ALOT. He didnt even say what he was doing. Never did a vaginal check to see if i was dialated and I was 33-34 weeks. I was worried. First baby, I dont know whats going on. I was going to change doctors in the practice but all the others were just hateful, due to previous experience when Alprin was out on call. No way. This is my first pregnancy experience and I wanna have someone passionate and who actually listens to me and knows what I'm going through. I would arrive on time for my appointments and even being the only one in the waiting room, I would wait almost 45 mins. Everyone is different with their taste in doctors, Alprin is just not the one for me.

|  Great OB  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2013

Dr. Alperin will be delivering 4 of my 5 kids in the coming week. He's a great doctor & has great bedside manner. He's not going to baby you and fluff things up. But he's caring & very knowledgeable! With him nothing has been overlooked and I completely trust him. I don't have the easiest pregnancies. I highly recommend him!

|  MizE  |  show details
by Erika on Jan 24th, 2013

He is the best OB I've had... Referred all my co-workers to him to...

|  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

I have had three children and going on my 4th in my last trimester and i would never go to another dr. and recommend him very highly

|  would recommend  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2011

I originally started seeing another provider at this office and felt very unhappy with her care so I decided to switch providers to Dr. Alperin. I think it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. He explains everything in detail and is stern yet gentle. He is thorough and recently diagnosed me as having preterm labor. He promptly sent me for treatment at the hospital and my contractions have slowed down quite a bit. I feel comfortable with him and his bedside manner is appropriate. I would recommend him to friends/family.

|  Terribile Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2011

OMGosh I just read all of these reviews and can not believe that he is still practicing!! I had the same experience and it was NOT GOOD! He actually made me cry during a visit and my friend was in there with me, and she was left speechless on the ride home. We were both appalled. Because of how awful Dr. Alprin was, I switched practices at 36 weeks pregnant. I had just had enough of his rude, mean, rough, uncomfortable bedside manner. It is atrocious that something has not been done about this man!!

|  Pick another dr  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2010

Dr. Alperin has horrific bed side manner and does not listen when you are explaining your systems. I complained to him about the same thing for two years, and it took an urgent care dr. To properly diagnose me.

|  be careful and trust your body over his word  |  show details
May 20th, 2010

Some may like him, some may not. My personal experience with him, unfortunately, was negative. In the initial stages of my pregnancy, I would ask him questions about various aches and pains and he would brush them off by spouting how due to some percentage, what I was feeling was okay. Around 27 weeks of pregnancy, I got incredibly sick with food poisoning to the point that I ended up calling the ER. Contrary to what he told me, I could not reach him and ended up talking to some other doctors who told me not to go into the ER. The next day I had an appointment with him. My weight had decreased dramatically, I was feeling terrible, and I noticed my little girl's heartbeat was significantly slower. He told me this was normal and I should feel better over the next week. Despite my ordeal, he didn't bother to check me or my baby any further than a routine check up.My little girl died two weeks later from a cause that could have been caught had he not just brushed me off. Due to his judgment to not check me any further, my little girl was not even given a chance.If you do end up going with Dr. Alprine, please do trust your body and your judgment over his words and insist that he looks into a matter further. It could mean the difference between your child living or dying.

|  I am HORRIFIED!  |  show details
May 1st, 2010

Dr. Alperin, has inspired me to comment on his character, and treatment of patients after my 3rd "encounter" with him. Starting with my 3rd experience: Today, i called my Dr.'s office after regular business hours and was directed to the DR. on call. DR. Alperin spoke to me in a very condescending manner, and he prescribed me a MEDICATION THAT I TOLD HIM I WAS ALLERGIC TO. My 2nd experience was in 2006 while on my 6th hour of labor with my first child, my husband kindly asked DR.ALPERIN to be a little gentle with me, and DR. ALPERIN rudely threw his gloves on the floor and told me in a cocky and arrogant tone " You can just wait for your DR. then" and left the room, never to come back. I was HORRIFIED! APPALLED! and VERY VERY SCARED! Luckily i had a very sweet nurse in the room who profusely apologized for his actions and said he acts that way often. My very 1st experience with Dr.Alperin was when i was 8.5 months pregnant with my first child. I arrived for my regular weekly visit and left my urine sample in a plastic DRINKING CUP, not a sanitary cup with a lid, like i was used to, but a cup i pulled from a stack of other drinking cups on a shelve in the bathroom. I thought it was weird but i didn't really mind. During my visit DR.ALPERIN gave me the most painful exam i have ever had in my life! I cried during and after my visit. I AM WRITING THIS BECAUSE I AM OUTRAGED i WISH I COULD ERASE MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR.ALPERIN DO NOT GO TO DR. ALPERIN

|  Pleasently surprised!  |  show details
by Nikki S. on Apr 26th, 2010

Dr. Alperin was very thorough! He explained everything in detail. He gave tips on conceiving and other prenatal things. He was super nice and caring. Honestly, I had heard some not so good things, but I thought he was great and will definitely be returning to him. Such a nice guy.

|  show details
by Yvonne Orlich on Jan 23rd, 2010

I was visiting from out-of state and needed a quick appointment. I was scheduled within 24 hours of calling. I must take umbrage with the patient who said Dr. Alperin had terrible bed-side manner. He was courteous, understanding, polite and quite friendly. If he were in Indiana I would consider changing ob-gyns.

|  Bedside Manner  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2009

Dr. Alperin's bedside manner is the problem. He showed no sensitivity the morning after my ectopic procedure. In the hospital, when I complained that I was in pain, he accused me of not taking my medication throughout the night. He treated me like an idiot; he dismissed my questions and failed to listen to me.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
May 7th, 2009

Dr. Alperin is a caring and thoughtful doctor.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2008

Dr. Alperin is by far one of the best doctors that I have ever been to. I would recomend him to anyone. He takes the time to make sure that you understand everything and that you are always as comfortable as you can be. A