Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Past History show details Past History
Jan 31st, 2016

I remember when I went to this dr he showed up late if he showed up at all. I remember him getting in trouble with the medical board for abusing his office for the gain of money for writing pain medicine. I spoke to a doctor at the hospital and he said if any dr deserved to lose their lic. It's dr alterman because of all the patients he life's he ruined not only in Ala. but according to this dr he had many of patients were coming from out of state. Just a rouge doctor pretending to care.

good Dr. show details good Dr.
Jul 15th, 2015

Dr Alterman is an excellent Dr. Who really cares about his patients, he is one of a kind, he is my favorite Dr. He is really professional, and will always be there for his patients, no matter what, he listen to patients, and understand their concerns. I will recommend him to any one.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Melinda T on May 18th, 2015

Since moving to Rainbow City here, I had been searching for a good doctor in the area. A friend of mine recommended Dr. Alterman, saying that Dr. Alterman had been his mother's doctor when she had gotten diagnosed with cancer ... and that she had always spoke highly of him. So I've recently become a patient of Dr. Alterman's this year, and feel very blessed to have found him. I deal with several health problems on a daily basis, from high blood pressure ... to clinical depression, as well as others. He's a doctor that will sit down, and talk to you ... ask questions about the problems you're having .... and answer whatever questions or worries you're having. He's a doctor that makes a patient feel that they matter and are heard .... NOT like so many doctors that are in and out of an exam room in maybe 5 minutes. I've not found him to be a doctor that just writes a prescription, just to be writing one ..... I feel he wants to make sure it's the right medication for the problem. All the staff I've had contact with on the phone, as well as in the office .... they've all been friendly and courteous, and I've never had a problem with setting up an appointment time that's convenient for me. The only negative is the wait time. Bring a book or tablet with you, for the wait time can be quite lengthy. But personally, I'd rather deal with that wait time, and have a doctor that I feel is capable and that cares.

by Pam on Mar 27th, 2014

Dr. Alterman really takes the time to listen to the patient. He sincerely cares! He reminds me of the physicians of yesteryear in his bedside manner which is excellent! He is also very knowledgable and makes sure you understand what is going on with your body and which medication is best for you. Very few doctors like him around nowadays!!

Love my doctor & his staff show details Love my doctor & his staff
by Brooke on May 28th, 2013

I hope I never have to use another family doctor again. Dr. Alterman and his staff are the nicest most empathetic people. It's hard to find a doctor that you feel at ease with, that listens and takes the time to explain things but that is how my doctor is. I have been going to him for years now and can't think of any complaint.

patient show details patient
Mar 7th, 2013

his staff does not care about patients needs at all

The Best show details The Best
Sep 22nd, 2012

Dr. Alderman is the best Dr i have ever saw. He will listen to what is going on as long as talk.

Aug 24th, 2012

Getting prescription refills quickly is often a problem but you cannot find a physician who is kinder and who really listens; he is one on one, often spends 30 minutes with a patient. He is always ready to refer to specialists as needed and has a very good knowledge of medications and supplements. I would never use another family practice physician now that I have found Dr. Alterman. I have been his patient for 4 years. He is not old but treats people as you would expect from the "old time" family doctors.

Jun 29th, 2012

Dr. Alterman has been my doctor for 3 years and he has been excellent.

Dr.Alterman is very thorough and shows empathy for patients.In my oppinion is a very good doctor show details Dr.Alterman is very thorough and shows empathy for patients.In my oppinion is a very good doctor
May 9th, 2012