Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
good Dr. show details good Dr.
Jul 15th, 2015

Dr Alterman is an excellent Dr. Who really cares about his patients, he is one of a kind, he is my favorite Dr. He is really professional, and will always be there for his patients, no matter what, he listen to patients, and understand their concerns. I will recommend him to any one.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Melinda T on May 18th, 2015

Since moving to Rainbow City here, I had been searching for a good doctor in the area. A friend of mine recommended Dr. Alterman, saying that Dr. Alterman had been his mother's doctor when she had gotten diagnosed with cancer ... and that she had always spoke highly of him. So I've recently become a patient of Dr. Alterman's this year, and feel very blessed to have found him. I deal with several health problems on a daily basis, from high blood pressure ... to clinical depression, as well as others. He's a doctor that will sit down, and talk to you ... ask questions about the problems you're having .... and answer whatever questions or worries you're having. He's a doctor that makes a patient feel that they matter and are heard .... NOT like so many doctors that are in and out of an exam room in maybe 5 minutes. I've not found him to be a doctor that just writes a prescription, just to be writing one ..... I feel he wants to make sure it's the right medication for the problem. All the staff I've had contact with on the phone, as well as in the office .... they've all been friendly and courteous, and I've never had a problem with setting up an appointment time that's convenient for me. The only negative is the wait time. Bring a book or tablet with you, for the wait time can be quite lengthy. But personally, I'd rather deal with that wait time, and have a doctor that I feel is capable and that cares.

Dr Feelgood show details Dr Feelgood
by Ruined Life on Oct 23rd, 2014

This doctor if you can call him a doctor is in it for the $, he hardly ever showed up for work and when he does he's drunk on pills and alcohol. If there was ever a doctor who deserved to lose his lic. its this guy. He has ruined many of lives all for money. He had patients coming from as far as Fla to get pain pills and he would give you what you wanted if you had the money, I know I was one of these people who had his life ruined by this man. Why isn't anybody looking in to charging this guy with a crime he is as bad as any drug dealer in the country. Come on RBC & Etowah Co take a stand! Why don't you arrest him like you do people that do the same thing on the street they are one & the same. Oh but he's a doctor we might need him one day, right? If I were a betting man I would bet someone important is protecting him and getting pain pills in return. I think all doctors should be drug tested plus all police, judges, and all court people who are prosecuting people for drugs & I guarantee u they are doing as much as the people they are putting in jail. Lets start drug testing with Etowah Co court system people, I bet that would show who taking drugs and putting people in jail for the same thing, but that will be a cold day, not gonna happen. Maybe I said too much but the jest of this is clean up your on house before u start on others Etowah Co Court System

by Pam on Mar 27th, 2014

Dr. Alterman really takes the time to listen to the patient. He sincerely cares! He reminds me of the physicians of yesteryear in his bedside manner which is excellent! He is also very knowledgable and makes sure you understand what is going on with your body and which medication is best for you. Very few doctors like him around nowadays!!

Love my doctor & his staff show details Love my doctor & his staff
by Brooke on May 28th, 2013

I hope I never have to use another family doctor again. Dr. Alterman and his staff are the nicest most empathetic people. It's hard to find a doctor that you feel at ease with, that listens and takes the time to explain things but that is how my doctor is. I have been going to him for years now and can't think of any complaint.

patient show details patient
Mar 7th, 2013

his staff does not care about patients needs at all

The Best show details The Best
Sep 22nd, 2012

Dr. Alderman is the best Dr i have ever saw. He will listen to what is going on as long as talk.

Aug 24th, 2012

Getting prescription refills quickly is often a problem but you cannot find a physician who is kinder and who really listens; he is one on one, often spends 30 minutes with a patient. He is always ready to refer to specialists as needed and has a very good knowledge of medications and supplements. I would never use another family practice physician now that I have found Dr. Alterman. I have been his patient for 4 years. He is not old but treats people as you would expect from the "old time" family doctors.

Jun 29th, 2012

Dr. Alterman has been my doctor for 3 years and he has been excellent.

Dr.Alterman is very thorough and shows empathy for patients.In my oppinion is a very good doctor show details Dr.Alterman is very thorough and shows empathy for patients.In my oppinion is a very good doctor
May 9th, 2012