Dr. Adam Ashton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Adam Ashton?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Adam Ashton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017

dr ashton is the most professional and most caring doctor. his manner is so relaxing i love to hear him talk. he has taken care of me for years and i recommend him highly. being an rn i have met many physicians, but dr ashton is highly regarded in his field of psychiatry. he is the best there is!!!!!

June 23rd, 2017

I never found any Docter to be so kind and respectful he listens and spend time with you, and explains everything in Details just gotta love him

March 16th, 2017

Find another doctor

Ashton is a terrible diagnostician and brutal in manner. What a horrible physician with an awful, deliberate approach.

October 19th, 2015

Felt Like He Instantly Disliked Me

I may have caught him on a bad day, and I WAS late for my appointment (my GPS led me to the wrong location) so he may just have been a little annoyed. First and only appointment with him. I was sent to him for appraisal for disability retirement. I found him to be brusque and slightly rude. At one point, he cut me off, and basically told me that he was not my doctor; he was merely evaluating me for the state (translation: Please shut up about your problems and just answer my questions). I left there feeling stupid and dismissed. Maybe he's different with his "real" patients, but I left there feeling like a complete jerk. He may be great if he's your regular doctor, but he behaved like he was with me the entire time.Made me feel worse about myself than I was already feeling. (And if he reads this, he will probably recommend that I be denied disability retirement)

February 14th, 2015

I LOVE THIS MAN SO COMPASSIONATE

November 11th, 2014

Was very impressed and was treated with respect and dignity. Was very hard for me to realize I needed help and he was there to guide me. Would recommend highly.

May 27th, 2014

He has been my psychiatrist since 1992 and I have a highly favorable opinion of him. As a patient you should be aware that his primary expertise is in the field of pharmacology,that is prescribing the correct combination of medications and dosages. A typical office visit lasts ten minutes. If you need intensive counseling he will refer you to a psychologist or LCSW employed by SPA. He is an excellent choice for a patient who requires long term medicinal stabilization, and minimal talk therapy. I have found him to be quite receptive to patient input regarding the meds, and not hesitant to prescribe newer ones. His receptionists are excellent, instead of calling out a patients name from across the large waiting room, so everyone in the place hears it, after the initial checking in, they will walk to where you are sitting and direct you to the doctors office.

June 7th, 2013

appalling psychiatrist

Takes absolutely no interest in patient, is defensive, and rude. I am a pretty easy going person and am pretty tolerant, yet with Dr. Ashton's indifferent attitude, I would never go back. I had been recommended this psychiatrist, and I regret this now. No wonder he is still accepting patients. If he was any good, he would not need to.

January 23rd, 2013

Avoid at all costs

Dr. Ashton prescribed medication that made me so depressed, I would have jumped off a bridge, though I realized I needed help and went to the emergency room. He is aloof, and seems to care more about his reputation among colleagues rather than the wellfare of his patients. I am grateful that I have found a much better psychiatrist elsewhere whom I have a better rapport with, and who cares about my well-being.

March 27th, 2012

Awful doctor, don't go to him if you value your mental health.

June 15th, 2011

Stellar!

As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Ashton IS my primary care physician. All MDs could learn from his example (compassion & professionalism).

March 8th, 2011

Over medicated

Patient was diagnosed with anxiety, Ashton prescribed antidepressant medication. Within 1 week, 75 milligrams + valium. Patient was completely incapacitated. Patient was weaned for 3 days off the antidepressant and dramatically improved.