Dr. Adam Ashton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 19th, 2015
Felt Like He Instantly Disliked Me
I may have caught him on a bad day, and I WAS late for my appointment (my GPS led me to the wrong location) so he may just have been a little annoyed. First and only appointment with him. I was sent to him for appraisal for disability retirement. I found him to be brusque and slightly rude. At one point, he cut me off, and basically told me that he was not my doctor; he was merely evaluating me for the state (translation: Please shut up about your problems and just answer my questions). I left there feeling stupid and dismissed. Maybe he's different with his "real" patients, but I left there feeling like a complete jerk. He may be great if he's your regular doctor, but he behaved like he was with me the entire time.Made me feel worse about myself than I was already feeling. (And if he reads this, he will probably recommend that I be denied disability retirement)

February 14th, 2015
I LOVE THIS MAN SO COMPASSIONATE

November 11th, 2014
Was very impressed and was treated with respect and dignity. Was very hard for me to realize I needed help and he was there to guide me. Would recommend highly.

May 27th, 2014
He has been my psychiatrist since 1992 and I have a highly favorable opinion of him. As a patient you should be aware that his primary expertise is in the field of pharmacology,that is prescribing the correct combination of medications and dosages. A typical office visit lasts ten minutes. If you need intensive counseling he will refer you to a psychologist or LCSW employed by SPA. He is an excellent choice for a patient who requires long term medicinal stabilization, and minimal talk therapy. I have found him to be quite receptive to patient input regarding the meds, and not hesitant to prescribe newer ones. His receptionists are excellent, instead of calling out a patients name from across the large waiting room, so everyone in the place hears it, after the initial checking in, they will walk to where you are sitting and direct you to the doctors office.

June 6th, 2013
appalling psychiatrist
Takes absolutely no interest in patient, is defensive, and rude. I am a pretty easy going person and am pretty tolerant, yet with Dr. Ashton's indifferent attitude, I would never go back. I had been recommended this psychiatrist, and I regret this now. No wonder he is still accepting patients. If he was any good, he would not need to.

January 23rd, 2013
Avoid at all costs
Dr. Ashton prescribed medication that made me so depressed, I would have jumped off a bridge, though I realized I needed help and went to the emergency room. He is aloof, and seems to care more about his reputation among colleagues rather than the wellfare of his patients. I am grateful that I have found a much better psychiatrist elsewhere whom I have a better rapport with, and who cares about my well-being.

March 27th, 2012
Awful doctor, don't go to him if you value your mental health.

June 14th, 2011
Stellar!
As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Ashton IS my primary care physician. All MDs could learn from his example (compassion & professionalism).

March 8th, 2011
Over medicated
Patient was diagnosed with anxiety, Ashton prescribed antidepressant medication. Within 1 week, 75 milligrams + valium. Patient was completely incapacitated. Patient was weaned for 3 days off the antidepressant and dramatically improved.

December 30th, 2009
wonderful doctor!
I have been a patient of dr ashton's for about 16 years. He got me back on track in no time and has helped me maintain my peace of mind for all these years! I don't know what i would have done if i had never found him!

August 19th, 2009
Bravo, Dr. Ashton!
I had some problems and Dr. Ashton cured me. It's as simple as that! He listens,really listens--and explains all the medications he presribes. It's wonderful to be in the hands of such a caring, competent physician. He's worth every penny, and then some. Go to him!

January 26th, 2009
I truly don't know where I would be today if it wasn't for his expertise and caring enough to work until he found a combination of medications that work for me. I would recommend him to anyone needing a psychiatrist.