Dr. Adam Bard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9
  • 18 reviews

March 17th, 2016
Great Experience!
Setting up initial appt to see him was easy. Very professional staff. I couldn't be happier with how my visit with Dr Bard went. He's warm, funny, caring, and leaves as much time as you need for questions and concerns. In truth, I never had a physician take such an in depth history before. Most visits with other doctors were quick, in and out. With Dr Bard, I never felt rushed. I will refer other family members and friends to him. Excellent experience!!!

February 15th, 2016
Stay away! Makes you pay for visit regardless of whether he takes your insurance!!!
I walked out on my appointment. The receptionist asked me for $195 dollars for the visit before I was to see the doctor. He accepts my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)and I was only suppose to pay $25 for an in-network doctor. She even called my insurance while I was in the waiting room to verify this but still wanted payment upfront. I got home and called Blue Cross Blue Shield. They said I was only suppose to pay $25 and nothing more and that they had never heard of an inplan doctor doing this. I had even given my insurance info days before my appointment to the receptionist. Deceitful. Please be careful!!!

December 18th, 2014
Unfortunately my husband and I have had a terrible and very unsatisfactory experience with Doctor Bard. As a physician we never felt he was listening to us. I feel he believes that all problems are only solved through prescription drugs. When the mention of anything 'alternative' comes up he just types away at his computer, not listening and prescribes another drug. reviews have mentioned his bed-side manner as being warm and fuzzy. Well maybe those patients have been interacting with 'robots' too much? Our experience with his bed-side manner has been far from what a doctor should be. He lacks compassion and has no nurturing characteristics. A little levity and a sense of humor would go along way with patients in making them feel comfortable and relaxed. He is robotic and lacks all the ingredients that make a good doctor. I feel he would be better served in a research facility, out of direct contact with patients. As for the staff I feel they are a reflection of his personality...very business-like. Internal Medicine isn't a business model. It is the essence of and foundation of what people believe a doctor should be, and that is a person of compassion first!

February 27th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I highly recommend Dr Bard. He's very attentive, spends as much time as you need, and in the last 2 years I've been seeing him, has always taken great care of me and my husband. We've sent many other patients to him, and all of them have been very happy. The office is modern, the staff is friendly, and overall, the experience is very comfortable. I'll continue to send other friends and co-worker to see him. He's been great!

August 7th, 2013
Dr. Bard is the best doctor that I've ever seen. He really came through for me when I needed him and he continues to help me with life's struggles. One of the best things about Dr. Bard is that he doesn't just view his job as a paycheck but he really goes to work everyday trying to help people. I highly recommend Dr. Bard to everyone.

April 25th, 2013
Horrible
Misdiagnosed

April 22nd, 2013
My single experience
I only had one experience with Dr Bard. I went with an immediate need and was expecting to have him become my regular GP but after my experience I chose to look for someone else. My actual time with Dr Bard was impressive. I thought he listened well, gave me his full attention and made sound recommendations. One of my test results had a slight, mostly insignificant abnormality. Instead of calling himself, a non-RN office staff member called me with the results. She was unable to answer my follow-up questions. I asked to have the Dr call me and was told he's very busy and wasn't sure he could. I send it wasn't urgent and could be any time in the next couple of days. I asked to speak to the office manager and the woman who came on sounded like an RN. She also couldn't answer my questions, said the dr would call me back and called me back herself instead. I've never had a doctor unwilling to come to the phone when a patient has abnormal test results and his staff can't answer the patient's questions about what might be the cause of that results (e.g. was the ultrasound compared against my previous one? what might have caused it? - the nurse had offered some options but none of them fit me.) Based on my questions the RN told me to go see a GI specialist (no name offered} which was interesting because earlier that day the office staffer called simply to tell me this abnormality was found and I should eat less bread - no mention of seeing a specialist was made. So, did I need to spend the extra time and money on a specialist or was it Dr Bard's way of firing me as a patient because he didn't feel the need to find time to speak with me directly? I know insurance companies don't reimburse doctors for time on the phone but I believe being available to answer questions your staff can't address is part of the job.

June 3rd, 2012
Excellent
I feel Dr. Bard is an excellent physician. Has always been right on the money with his diagnoses of me and my family, and picked up a serious health problem in my wife while it was still treatable...thankfully. I've recommended countless patients to him, and will continue to do so. He's warm and caring, with a great bedside manner.

February 9th, 2012
Love this Doctor!
I have been seeing Dr. Bard for a while now. He's got a really warm, caring personality. Before he asks about your medical illness, or medications, he always asks how YOU the person are. I've referred several friends and coworkers to him, and he has treated all of them with the utmost of care. He's been a wonderful, outstanding doctor.

February 3rd, 2012
Billing dept. is not accurate,,,takes months to get a balance bill which is always wrong.

December 27th, 2011
Offices in NY and Ct.
Prohibit one from getting an appointment on Thursday afternoons, Fridays and Saturdays. Hard to schedule when one gets sick.

November 18th, 2011
a grateful patient,,Joanie
i am very happy that I found Dr Bard....in a way, although it was my first visit and he did nit know me, he eventually saved my life by telling me I needed to see two other specialists..fortunately, I listened!! He is my primary doctor now...he is definitely interested in all of his patients and he listens..hardly ever have to wait in his office...he maintains a great office and is most considerate of his patients in all respects...amazing find and doctor...thank you Dr Bard!