Dr. Adam Bender MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 12th, 2014
Bender review - arrogant know-it-all, know-nothing
He physically "tested" the nerves in my feet so poorly that he told me there was nothing wrong with my completely frozen, numb and painful toes and feet. Another neurologist at NYU used a heavy duty machine - which when she placed on the bottom of my feet, I had to ask her when she was going to start - my feet were so numb I could not feel the vibrating metal of her machine. Then Dr Bender reduced me to tears (I will never let another dr or anyone do this to me again, ever) by insisting that my experience in a hospital where I had a dangerous adverse reaction to mega-steroid injections, never happened. Insisted he would have to read every page of the 200 page redundant one-sided hospital report to know whether what I said was true or not - or whether the hospital was right. He was not interested, even, in my experience or point of view, only the hospital's which he made clear would override my own comments and experience, or that of my family. He frightened me with his arrogance, his meanness, his stupidity in terms of how he tested my feet - in about 10 seconds of sticking a needle lightly in all the wrong places - and in disbelieving everything the patient says. Stay away from him. You have been forewarned.

February 13th, 2009
One of the best!
Excellent neurologist.

January 6th, 2009
Dr. Bender was able to make a diagnosis after several other neurologists were not. He was caring, thorough, and did not order unnecessary tests.

September 11th, 2008
Excellent physician.
Caring and brilliant with excellent judgment.