Dr. Adam Rubin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 8th, 2016
Mixed Review
I've heard so many great things about Dr. Rubin. He was recommended by another physician My appt. was for 3 p.m. At 3:30 I went to the desk to ask why I was still waiting, only to be called in at that time. The nurse/technician said that they had a string of new patients and that's why it took so long. If they know they've scheduled new patients, which I'm certain they do, why not schedule them further apart so one does NOT have to wait. My time is valuable, too. Nothing worse than having to take vacation time to see a doctor. After having the technician enter info in the computer, a student doctor came in. I spent more time with them than Dr. Rubin. I know that student doctors need to start somewhere, but usually I have found them to come in WITH the doctor. I found Dr. Rubin to be somewhat arrogant. Maybe because I'm not a "star," just a normal person. He made a comment about the office that sent me to him that I didn't appreciate. Don't think you're that good that you can put down another health care professional!! He made another comment that I didn't appreciate. It made me feel really stupid. The check-out process was terrible. It took 10 minutes before they called my name so I could pay. I've NEVER had to wait that long to get out of a doctor's office. If I have to wait next time, I'll just tell them to bill me. Overall, if I had a terrible disease, I could trust him, but I'd truly have to overlook the arrogance and ego. I have to see him again for a re-check and then, hopefully, never again. My overall rating is between 2 stars and 3 stars.

December 7th, 2015
Caught a hidden diagnosis
Dr. Rubin has terrific attention to detail. He has a great bedside manner-telling me what he was doing before during and after scoping my throat in office. He ordered tests on a hunch and he was right. I'm on to an oncologist-hopefully the mass is benign. I'm just so thankful for him.

March 5th, 2015
Do not recommend whatsoever, rude, abrupt, and incompetant.

January 14th, 2014
Great doctor
Very patient, humorous and more helpful than other doctors I have seen in the past. At the end of the appointment, I knew what was causing the issue with my vocal cords. I drove pretty far to see him, but because of his experience with vocal artists, it was well worth the drive.

September 16th, 2013
Great doctor!!!
Fantastic doctor - was referred to him by another dermatologist when we had an issue figuring out what was going on. I saw him, and he had an excellent bedside manner (seriously, how many doctors have you seen that don't make you feel like you're being interrogated?), warm personality, and really made me feel like he was listening to my explanation of the onset of the condition as well as the developing complications. Additionally, he was very understanding about my pain level and made me feel at ease while explaining to me the different things that it could be, how we were going to rule out each, and the treatment plan for each. To add to the great care that he provided, he was able to call me back THAT DAY with the result of the x-ray that I needed to take with a confirmation of the diagnosis. Great doctor, and I wish more doctors could be like him. Lastly, after handing my case over to another doctor (specialist) who would handle my procedure, he encouraged me to call him after the procedure was done (or he said he would call me if he hadn't heard from me after a while) and let him know how it was to work with that doctor and how I felt about the treatment! WOW!

October 6th, 2011
Raspy voice b/c of vocal cord nodules
I developed vocal cord polyps at age 26 from a combination of years of singing, allergies and loud speaking. I endured a surgery with a not-so-good doctor to remove the nodules when I was 27. Sadly, within a year I developed them for a 2nd time. The initial surgeon did not properly direct me on what to do following my surgery. It was genuinely HEARTBREAKING and I was devastated. Thankfully, I was referred to Dr. Rubin. Heads up- He looks really young, which made me nervous, but he was so wonderful that I trusted him. I went thru with another surgery which was performed by him. Within 2 weeks following my surgery, we began to strengthen my voice. It's been 2 years and I am still singing high notes. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Dr. Rubin!

January 2nd, 2011