Dr. Adam Freedhand MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 9 reviews

July 1st, 2016
Great surgeon! Makes you feel so comfortable due to his experience!

March 10th, 2015
BEST DOCTOR IN THIS COUNTRY! GOD SENT TO US1 IM A NEW PERSON. ADDED MANY MORE YEARS TO MY LIFE. I CAN REALLY WALK WITH NO PAIN1

February 6th, 2015
Houston Got a Great Ortho Surgeon
He did my hip replacement before he left California. Not only is he very skilled but also his bedside manner is amazing for an ortho surgeon. Very caring doctor. Houston won the Orthopedic Surgeon lotto.

January 23rd, 2015
Don't hesitate....absolute tops in his field!
Avid exerciser with a bad hip. Probably bad for a decade but didn't listen to the warning signs, and compensated very well. That's what runners do well---yes even if they are in the health care field. Finally, couldn't run, heck couldn't walk anymore without pain, seems the severity of the pain exponentially increased in a very short time. How can this be when I did a 25 K (last race) just 9 mo. ago?? Tried injections/NSAIDS, stretching/strengthening, nothing worked. Saw other docs, but chose Dr. Freedhand due to # of cases he has performed, ant. approach, methodology (I am a physical therapist), and of course my personal comfort level. Didn't want hip restrictions, and wanted to return to my active lifestyle (yes, I've learned my lesson-no more running for me though others have). There is no question I made the right choice. He is an excellent surgeon, quick and accurate (quickness is important in the surgical room to reduce the probability of complications), and he has a pre- and post-surgical procedure down that works, and works well. I'm no stranger to lower extremity surgeries, but I expected something as significant as this to supercede those, I was wrong. My recovery has been nothing short of amazing. Significant muscle weakness (prob from compensations and swelling), moderate soreness and fatigue were the" worst" complications. I was walking >1 1/2 mile in 4 weeks and now I am 5 1/2 weeks post and walking 3 miles, and biking (with resistance) 75 min. NO joint pain, NO leg length discrepancy, NO meds except aspirin and 1 Celebrex/day (which I will be d/c'ing soon) and I can walk without any forward bending (which I had been doing before--didn't realize how bad it was). I'm actually taller LOL! Memorial Hermann Hospital staff was excellent in their care/concern and reponsiveness, I just stayed a day after the surgery. His staff is wonderful-caring, courteous and responsive to phone calls. His PA is very knowledgeable, kind & patient. They all take the time to respond to questions, and I had a lot (this is a case of the more you know, the more questions you have). My incision is 2 1/2" to 3" & healing well. He would definitely be my doctor of choice if I need another hip (or knee?) done. THANK YOU Dr. Freedhand, Nicole, Ysenia, Delilah, and those whose name I forgot, but are not forgotten in my heart! You have given me back my life.

April 24th, 2012
getting an appointment and information
Unbelievable ease and professionalism in getting initial information and an appointment. Web site is excellent too! This will be my third opinion for a Hip Replacement and I could not be more pleased with initial contact. I asked for appt. info on line at 7pm Sunday night and within an hour a very nice gentlemen who was very informative called me back and took my information. By 10 am today - Monday morning I was called back with an appointment for next week!

August 16th, 2011
Full year after two knees and a hip... feeling great - stand up straight - and walk all over

April 22nd, 2011
Very happy with hip replacement

November 5th, 2009
Thank you Dr. Freedhand and Staff(Kim and Luci) for going above and beyond for me. You all are wonderful people and have made my experience there in your office a great one.

June 18th, 2008
Excellent for knee surgery
I am a 62 year old woman and injured my knee during exercise. The resulting pain was excruciating. Finally saw Dr Freedhand who recommended and performed arthroscopic surgery. He said I would need several weeks of PT to regain the strength in the knee and get rid of the pain. Worked like a charm! I do have an occasional slight twinge of pain, but I have excellent strength and mobility in my knee. I was always treated promptly and respectfully by the doctor and his staff and would recommend him to anyone. The vitals.com website fails to mention that Dr Freedhand is admitted at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in addition to St Helena Hospital.