Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2012

My daughter who is 35 has been suffering for almost a year with breathing and coughing problems and also short winded. She has seen at least 4 lung dictors until finaly she went to the medical center in Houston and saw a famous lung doctor at St Lukes Hospital. He did some tests and told her she has lung cancer. Naturally we were devastated. One my daughter's friends had asthma and has been seeing Dr. kawley for years, she insisted that my daughter see him before anything else. When we first saw him his demeanor and bedside manner immediately made me feel like we are in the right place. He asked a million questions looked at every test and came back and told us that he does not think my daughter had cancer, he said he thinks she has a rare condition called ABPA. A couple of tests later and a minor procedure he confirmed the diagnosis. He treated her with pills for about a year that completely resolved her problem, she gained weight which we were warned was a side effect. Now at age 37 she lost all the weight and is a normal healthy pregnant with my grandchild. To say that Dr. Kawley is excellent is simply not enough praise for our family he is an angel. My daughter is having a son who will be named Adam in his honor.