Dr. Adam Law Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Adam Law?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Adam Law?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 27th, 2016

terrible.

During the several years I stayed with Dr Law's office his RN staff change so frequently I rarely had than one appointment with the same person. In addition when I had my once a year or less appointments with Dr Law himself he was often in a hurry--average time with me was 10 minutes or less. In short I was able to maintain a regular prescription through his office but new questions (for example a toenail infection that was not resolved or addressed over 3 years except by telling me to soak it in bleach solution) were not addressed in helpful ways.

May 28th, 2016

Patient

Dr Law is a very arrogant man. He doesn't spent time getting to knw his patients. He's extremely rude with absolutely no bedside manor.

June 11th, 2015

Impressive

The office appeared at first to be small in size, however there is everything big about this practice! The first impression is at the front desk. The turnover is a small issue, they seem to be overly worked and they are on top of it! They all work as a team. The nurses really enjoy the work that they do. I tend to see the NP's in the office because Dr. Law is tied up with more complex cases, and I am OK with this. They are all very thorough and make sure to cover all basis to get to the root of the problem rather than throwing medicine at you. Ive been to many practices in the area, and this one is by far the best in town! They care about the individual, not the payday from our insurance company. Two thumbs up!

March 21st, 2015

Dr. Law is a great endocrinologist. He is shy but very nice and really smart.

October 22nd, 2014

Doesn't listen! Abrupt, Dismissive, too busy for you!

I had been a patient of Dr. Law for approximately 6 years. Being a diabetic, I had chosen him as my primary care doctor as well. For nearly 2 years I complained of stomach distress (diarrhea) only to find out that the metformin that had been prescribed was a big factor. If metformin is not effective in controlling your a1c, he immediately want to start insulin therapy. Those are the only tools in his tool box. After trying two other oral meds that proved ineffective, he was unwilling to try me on a "newer" class of medication claiming that it hadn't been out long enough. It has been FDA approved for over 5 years! I have also been in terrible pain for all of the 6 or so years I have been his patient due to an arthritic back and hip, yet my symptoms were always dismissed. If you need to discuss any concerns and want a doc that will address your needs, I'd look elsewhere. Dr.Law simply doesn't have the time. He's always looking to see the next patient in line who has probably been waiting for 45 minutes.

September 23rd, 2013

Sanctimonious jerk

Very brusque. He rushed though the appt barely listening to my symptoms gave me the bare minimum of tests and that was that. I almost gave up on doctors after my experience with Dr Law but I gave my GP one more chance and guess what? I have Lupus. My Rheumatiod Factor test was off the charts. Granted Dr. Law isn't a Rheumatologist but if he had bothered to listen to me (joint pain, no energy, history of Sjorgrens,...) it should have been something he at least suspected.

September 27th, 2012

A great doctor and a great man

I too, as the previous reviewer, came to Dr, Law for a serious medical condition. Dr. Law was able to correctly diagnose my condition-and in so doing really really helped me. (I discovered later, reading articles in the primary medical literature that the average patient with this medical condition have to see on the average 4.8 different doctors before it is correctly diagnosed.) Dr. Law's diagnosis took 5 minutes! Yes, you have to wait to see him. But my experience is once Dr. Law knows you are seriously ill, his office staff will help you connect with him in as prompt a way as possible.If you will excuse an analogy with restaurants: you can get your meal right away at MacDonalds or wait for an hour at a three-star French restaurant. I believe the long waits in his office are a result of the large demands placed on Dr. Law's time and the thought which he devotes to each patient both during and after our office visits.My good opinion is apparently shared by other medical doctors. I came across the following while looking up Dr. Law on the web, which I would like to share with you:"With my extraordinarly energetic and resourceful partner, Adam Law, the Cayuga Medical Center has been transformed within a course of less than three years into a full-fledged Cornell teaching hospital. It will become a superb nidus for future developments in collaborative and health services research between our campuses"Andy Schafer, Chairman of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, NYC in his 2012 New_Years_LetterI believe this is a wonderful development for all of us in the Tompkins county.

August 24th, 2012

Brilliant man, what he lacks in bedside manner, he makes up for in intelligence. I'm not paying a doctor for his social skills, I want him to treat my problem. He saved my life. Nothing but the greatest respect does Dr. Law deserve from me.

May 22nd, 2012

I had a very serious medical condition and no one else could diagnose it. Dr. Law not only figured it out, but has excellent connections with the top centers in the Us and sent me to the right place to have my treatment. He also gave me access to all the scientific information and educated my family about my condition. He returned all my e-mails and calls. He is a brilliant doctor and I am glad he is in Ithaca.

September 14th, 2011

helped me greatly

For years I kept gaining weight, everyone assumed it was because I ate too much. After another visit with my PMD - I said, "I'm up to 250 lbs, something is wrong!" He set me up with Dr. Law. Dr. Law did a battery of tests, found out I have Metabolic Syndrome, my insulin levels were so high that everything I was eating was turning to fat! Put me on medication and helped me change some dietary problems. One year later I am 95lbs lighter, look better and feel better than I have in years. I can't thank him enough for LISTENING to me. He told me that I was one of a few people who actually had a metabolic reason for being obese - and that medication and hard work on my part could change that. I can't thank him enough.

May 6th, 2011

Excellent physician.

March 21st, 2011

mysogynist?

I visited Law after having my thyroid removed. His PA spent about 30 minutes talking to me, Law appeared for about 3 minutes, barely entered the room, never even looked at me, had read nothing about my case, and left without giving any direction for my thyroid medication. His PA decided on my dosage, after remarking that he had given us no indication of what that should be. I felt this was unacceptable so I now travel 50 miles to the Guthrie clinic to see an endocrinologist. My personal opinion is that he doesn't like women much.