Dr. Adam Levy MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Macon, GA

March 29th, 2017
Serious Integrity Issue with Staff member concerning appt. for March 29, 2017 at 9:30am..
My first concern is why no one is allowed to speak with the doctor according to Sonya? She called me the day before my Moms procedure to ask me if she could come in at 8:30 am instead of her regular scheduled appt. of 9:30am on March 29, 2017. I told her that the earliest she could come was 9:00am. Then she says well she didnt think her insurance would cover the procedure. I told her, you are just calling today 3/28/2017 to verify coverage for a procedure? So because my Mom couldnt come earlier, you are now saying her insurance won't cover it? If She didn't think my moms insurance probably won't cover the procedure? That doesn't make sense. Then she went on to say well her appt is at 9:30am. I told her I know that?? In other words, why would she try to schedule her to come in earlier if her insurance may not pay for the procedure? Then she goes on to say she will have to call and find out?? I told her, that should have already been verified? For one a lie is a lie. And perhaps it stems from her leadership. That has yet to be determined. But what I do know is that someone didn't do their job. They came up with a lie when we couldn't come at 8:30am instead of our regular time of 9:30am. So she lied. I take this seriously when it comes to my Mother and as far as the survey that I mailed concerning the first visit. Dr. Levy and his staff can disregard it. This is not how anyone does business or treats the patients and their families. We chose the appointment that coincided with our plans. Now all of a sudden since we couldnt come in earlier, Sonya brings up an insurance issue. We scheduled this appt. at 9:30am for a reason? So now that we cannot come in early, she lies about the insurance?? If that was the case, why would Sonya want to move the appointment up to an earlier time? After talking it over with my mother, called Dr. Levys office back she would not pick up the phone nor answer my message. I did speak with Kimberly to reiterate that I am livid at the way we were handled. I asked Sonya why are they now trying to verify a procedure coverage the day before? But evenmore so, why did the insurance verification become a problem when i stated we couldnt come any earlier than 9:00am. Our appt wasn't until 9:30 am anyway??? So, I cancelled this appointment and as long as my mother is living, she will never step foot back into that office again. This is unprofessional and I cannot stand a liar. So if Dr. Levy and/or his employees feel the need to bully or manipulate others and even lie, rest assure it wont be to myself or my mother. I would expect this type of behavior from someone who does not have morals but from some people who are suppose to be professional and practice good work ethics, this is far from it. I am livid. You all are going to loose a lot of business when you have staff that tell lies to cover something up that they should have already taken care of. I will never forget this as long as I live. Sonya wanted to blame someone else. No accountability whatsoever. Thats typical of a coward. You make a mistake, you fix it but you do not lie to a client because someone dropped the ball or you trying to make someone come in before their scheduled time. I would never allow anyone such as this to work for me. But I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This is Stephanie Davis and since Sonya wouldn't allow me to speak to anyone else, I am saying this openly. I will NEVER utilize that office again for my mothers care. This poor leadership. Poor work ethics and the morality of it is unbelievable. When workers lack common decency, its an issue with me. But whats even more disturbing is that any Physician would allow this kind of behavior from his staff. Everything that i thought was good about this Physician and this staff is no longer valid. So you all can tear up the survey because this nonsense supercedes anything that was good. Morals and Ethics are two traits that I take seriously and it was not displayed today during that phone call. If Sonya had somewhere she was trying to go, all she had to do was be honest about it instead of lying about insurance that she didn't even verify yet? But again, because we couldn't accommodate her, she lies..That's what it is and was. A BIG FAT LIE..I will never allow anyone to bully myself or my Mom. That office is to accommodate patient not the patient accommodate the office??? This is Stephanie Davis. I want you to know who I am and my number is listed in my moms file. I do not expect for anything to be done about it because the workers are only as good as their leadership.

November 18th, 2015
Very knowledgable. Nice bedside manner.

February 13th, 2015
This doctor picks and chooses his patients unprfesssional
My sister was in a hospital in Macon, her doctor needed some assistance from Dr. Levy on a gastro problem she was having . Dr. Levy rejected to help him (doc) or my sister weather or not Dr. Levy came to her at the hospital where she was at or was sent to the hospital where Dr. Levy practices, Dr. levy told her doctor he didn't want anything to do with her at all or her doctor in helping to assist with her health issues. Dr. Levy don't no my sister at all. I think this is very unprofessional for a doctor to pick an choose who is going to see and who he is not. Dr. Levy, I have one thing to say to you, "I wouldn't want you as my doctor", scene I no you want help other or doctors if you don't want to. Doctors are suppose to help other get better. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Levy to anyone.

February 13th, 2015