Emergency Physician

3336 Buckhead Dr
Vestavia, AL 35216
205-223-0525
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Where are you  |  show details
by Roger James Taylor on Jun 5th, 2014

I was under the care of Dr. Nortick (At Doley's clinic) for years and found a new zest for living. For some reason he left, I haven't been able to find him. Since pain levels have left me with little reason. I've been to other doctors, but have had little success. I need to find where he has gotten to. If anyone knows contact me rjtdiver36@gmail.com

|  Search No Further  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

I have been treated by Dr. Nortick since early 2007. Dr. Nortick has truly changed my life - or more accurately given me back my life. I lived in constant pain and was essentially homebound even with a powerwheelchair. Slowly but surely Dr. Nortick adjusted my meds and helped me improve more than I ever imagined possible. Besides medications, he send sent me for pt/ot and helped me to get a more suitable wheelchair. Dr. Nortick takes time to get to know his patients and does an amazing job of teasing out which medications work and which ones do not. He works with compounding pharmacies to customize medications for a particular patient. He takes into account what his patients think about what works and what does not. THIS IS NOT AT ALL TO SAY THAT HE HANDS OUT MEDICATIONS CAPRICIOUSLY OR IN AMOUNTS THAT ARE EXCESSIVE FOR THE PARTICULAR SITUATION. HE is willing to give patients a chance when other physicians might not be so willing, at the same time he will not tolerate drug seekers / diverters. In his prior practice at Trinity Medical Center, it was sometimes necessary to wait a couple hours to be seen. Any of Dr. Nortick's patients will tell you that he is well worth the wait. I have noticed that since he has moved to a solo practice that I rarely have to wait at all and am usually out of the office in under an hour.

|  The Very Best  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

Dr. Nortick is the best doctor I have had in my 20 year history of dealing with my condition. Yes, you will probably spend a good bit of time in the waiting room, but it WILL be worth it. Dr. Nortick spends a great deal of time with his patients and really gets to know them. He has a great deal of skill in managing various medications and rooting out which one may be the problem. He also has an amazing knack for coming up with rarely used drugs and specially compounded formulations when nothing else will work. Any amount of travel or time spent in the waiting room will be well worth it!

|  dr,nortiick  |  show details
by CONTESSA RUTH WALLACE on Jul 31st, 2010

my name is contessa wallace, i was first seeing him in Montomgery,so when he left his practice and went back to Birmingham i followed and saw him for 5 years. he is a wonderful dr with a great beside manner. i just found out he has been accepted in ATLANTA, AND WILL NO DOUBT FOLLOW THERE

|  Best Dr. I've ever had!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2009

Dr. Nortick is the best doctor that I've ever had treat me. His staff is professional and super nice. Although it's sometimes hard to get an appointment, he will make time for his patients and address any issues that I have. He's been my doctor for a couple of years now and I wouldn't change doctors for anything. You have to put yourself in his shoes. People come from all over the country for an appointment w/him. He's a busy guy. It's worth the wait to be treated by Dr. Nortick. He really cares and knows his patients needs. I give him 5 stars and his patients should consider themselves lucky.

|  Not thorough; can't get treatment needed  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2009

It's scary that he evaluates people for work restrictions because that requires reviewing past records. He has not reviewed my records, although I'm his patient. I have a spinal injury that has not been treated in more than 18 months and I have nerve damage and scar tissue. My MRI was blurry. The report says the "image is distorted" so it shouldn't have even been used. My impairment & pain has become worse and I am unable to work, but my treatment has not changed. My symptoms are ignored because of a blurry MRI.