Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Excellent Doctor & Staff show details Excellent Doctor & Staff
by J. Costa on Nov 6th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Sherman for over 7 years. Before finding Him I went to Doctor after Doctor trying to find a doctor that actually cared about my rapidly declining health. I have multiple Autoimmune deceases, panic disorder, and extreme Back and neck pain due to a near fatal car accident. I have been in the hospital three times this year alone which were all critical. Also Dr. Sherman showed care and great compassion when my teenage son died 2 years ago. Dr. Sherman has helped me through all of it. He has always been very professional and caring and spends time with me each visit so I can tell him exactly how I am doing. I never wait more than 15 - 20 minutes which is rare these days. His staff Erica and JoJo have always been so wonderful and caring to me and do a great job keeping the office going. I highly recommend Dr. Sherman to anyone looking for a doctor that actually cares and treats you like a person and not just a number on a chart somewhere.

Quality care show details Quality care
by John Agnew on Nov 6th, 2015

I am a double amputee with finger loss. I was with my prior Dr. for 20 years before his retirement. After much searching I was introduced to Dr. Sherman. I found a man willing to help me with my concerns in the most professional and caring manner I could have hoped for. With all my medical situations and advancing years, it is a comfort to have found this exceptional Dr. and his fine office staff.

by Sincerely yours, on Nov 6th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Adam Sherman for many years. he has always been extremely professional and helpful. I am 73 yrs old and I suffer from fibromyalgia,, and chronic back pain to the point of disability. also have chronic depression, and recently had to have major surgery, due to a fall, I broke my right arm, which led to removing bone from my left hip to be put into my my right arm. this has been very traumatic experience, leading to extreme pain in my recovery. Dr. Sherman has been a godsend in my physical and mental well being. I would be willing to testify on his behalf, any time. My telephone # is 805 4885464

Wonderful caring DR show details Wonderful caring DR
by Jeffrey Pressman on Nov 6th, 2015

Never had a dr take as much time to meet all of my medical needs.

We love Dr. Sherman show details We love Dr. Sherman
by Christina on Nov 4th, 2015

Ok so I have seen Dr. Sherman for years, and we all know about his crazy ex wife. That was rude to patients and very disrespectful. But I came back once I new she was gone. As for Jojo I love him. He is one of the most caring people I have ever met and very straight forward. He even help me and my husband through some tough times. I will always be thankful for him. And now I got my family back again from drug addiction. Thanks you Dr. Sherman office.

I'm high on this guy show details I'm high on this guy
by Tom Chong on Nov 2nd, 2015

I couldn't be higher on Dr. Sherman. I'm addicted to his caring style. I always feel MUCH better after visiting.

Bummed out show details Bummed out
by Confused on Oct 30th, 2015

What happened to Dr. Sherman. Whats up with the criminal investigation. Damm, hope I don't have to get another Dr. That's two in the last few years dealing with the law. Don't want to tear him apart right now as he probably has enough problems. But if I could, WOW

by Larry Hicks on Oct 8th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Sherman for 10 years and my experience has always been warm, friendly, personal and kind. Both Doctor Sherman and his staff are exceptionally professional and courteous. It's a relaxing joy to visit the Doc.

Jun 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is a great Doctor & a great man. The staff, Erica & JoJo, are the best! Everyone here really cares abt. their patients. Very rare this day in age. I've been a patient going on 6 years.

Jun 14th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I would definitely recommend Dr. Sherman to others. He takes a sincere interest in your needs and has a great bedside manner.

May 2nd, 2015

I just have to say thank u to Dr and staff you changed my life

Apr 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

The staff is very good and friendly at all times and the dr. Is caring and concerned. ??????????

Apr 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman has been amazing for me. He has me at my best in over 10 years. He and his office management are really great. I am so grateful to them all

Mar 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Thank you Very satisfied with the visit.

Feb 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is an excellent provider with an amazing staff team! Above all, I'm truly blessed to have Dr. Sherman as my current provider. :0)

Feb 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman spends a good amount of time trying to find the combination of treatment and meds to treat a given problem. He truly is concerned about his patients issues.

Jan 31st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I've always been treated well and with a great amount of respect by Dr. Sherman and his entire staff. He is an excellent doctor to work with.

Jan 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Easy and efficient sceduling.

Jan 12th, 2015

Very caring doctor and staff

Fantastic Dr. Adam Shernan! show details Fantastic Dr. Adam Shernan!
by Tambra Lynne Andrews on Dec 14th, 2014

Dr Sherman is a very knowledgable and gracious guy! His staff; Erica & JoJo highly efficient and friendly! I get my schedule at 5PM on Friday and they are so very accommodating ! It's never a drama at the office and in today's world of rush and bustle, Dr. Sherman ALWAYS takes the time to get to the bottom of whatever ailment that might besiege my husband and I at any given appointment !

Nov 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is a fantastic doctor. He always takes care of my medical needs and no matter what, backup, head of time doesn't matter. But always has time to answer questions about my family medical issues. He has a fantastic staff.

Oct 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you Dr.Sherman, Erica, JoJo for caring for me and my family. I'm thankful for your medical intelligence, I'm never left wondering or guessing if I'm receiving the right, correct advice, medications, diagnosis.

Oct 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is a kind, patient Man. He is concerned with the overall good health of his patient (me) and is never "too busy to visit". his office may be packed, but he still spends time with you, and makes sure that all concerns are addressed.

Oct 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman and his staff were very courteous, friendly and delt with all of my concerns promptly.

Sep 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great Dr. Highly recommended.. Thanks.

Sep 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Sherman was great. He and his staff was professional and courteous.

Jul 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Erica and joe joe are always very helpful and professional. Dr. Sherman always answers all questions and gives me friendly advice. :)??????

Jun 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is the man! My life has changed for the better since I started using him as my primary.

Jun 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Actually got in before my appointment time. I was out 1 minute after my appointment time.

May 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Adam Sherman always assist my needs! From a cold, to severe injuries he is always there, and the staff is always very welcoming & friendly, and if an urgent matter comes up, Sherman's staff will gladly schedule you within a week! Great job team!

May 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Sherman is a great physician and thorough answering all medical questions ! My whole family sees him. undoubtedly committed to his practice and has a great crew that works along side him. Making the whole process nice and always re-assuring

Apr 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman was very understanding of my concerns, and provided some helpful information about some new proposed medication. We came up with a schedule to evaluate my current medications and determine if additional medications will be necessary.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman and JoJo were wonderful. Unlike many Drs I have seen he listened to me and gave actual concern for my well being.

Apr 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great Dr. I strongly recommend him.

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My needs are always addressed and any questions or concerns are answered promptly and courteously. Dr. Sherman is always concerned about my entire welfare. The staff is very helpful as well.

Mar 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Kind, courteous and helful.

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Alan Sherman possesses one of the most knowledgeable and intuitive minds and his calm, highly skilled & deliberate manner works exceptionally well with those of mature age & those who've sustained major damage to their back, neck, arms, hands & legs

Mar 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Adam Sherman has been my doctor for over two years and he will always administer the right doze and right medication and he will go to the extreme to check up with our health and medication. Always has a friendly & charismatic staff and clean room. ??

Feb 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Any and all concerns dealt with in a professional manner

Jan 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent service,

Jan 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman and the Office staff are always kind & professional. Best MD in Ventura.

Jan 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great service as always. -Matt A.

Jan 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Sherman is truly a unique Doctor. He is knowledgeable, effective, professional, yet takes the time to truly know his patient. I have been seeing Dr. Sherman for about 5 months, and I can't imagine going to anyone else now. Top notch quality.

by L. Wilson on Oct 13th, 2013

Thank you Dr. Sherman, Erica, Jojo, for taking good care of me for over 10 yrs. Dr. Sherman has a working dog named Lady who is such a comfort when a person asks her to come in the room. Dr. Sherman is a good listener, and I never feel rushed while he is in the room. He actually looks a person in the eye while speaking. Both Erica and Jojo are trained phlebotomists so you don't have to go out of the office for routine blood work. This is such a time saver for me. The only area that needs some work is the building, it is old and needs to be updated. Great doctor, nice staff.

Love it now. show details Love it now.
by No more pain pills on Mar 30th, 2013

I have been a patient now five month. But I can see there has been a big change in the practise. For the good. I can see that the wife is not there any more. Thank god for that. Now the doctor can do his job. With out someone yelling out side the door. And making patients feel like we are just another number. All she wants is are money and nothing more. Crazy part is she also would talk about patients so loud patient for us to here and every one else. Now look who is on the other side of the road. Dr. Sherman is a good man and will do better with out the Blonde hair nurse. We love the rest of staff. Erica and even the crazy guy there with the big smile.

Good doctor show details Good doctor
Mar 21st, 2012

Love the doctor. The dog lady is the best. We always get the help that me and my family need. His office is the place to go when you need a real doctor who cares. And we can't for get about jojo we love him so much.

Best Dr. Ever! show details Best Dr. Ever!
Mar 2nd, 2012

He gave me what I wanted and I am very happy with the office,dosen't really look good on the outside of the building, but looks great on the inside. I love that thay have candy.The doctor is great because he pays attention. I love their Therapy Dog, it's name is Lady! She's so cute.

He is caring and listened well show details He is caring and listened well
Nov 3rd, 2011

All of his staff are trained phlebotemists, so that makes getting blood work done easy. When we needed emergency care his staff and him were right there for us. The staff are not the most service-oriented, or polished, but they get the job done.

Best DR in Oxnard show details Best DR in Oxnard
Sep 30th, 2011

DR Sherman is a great Dr and the only reason the people that gave him bad reviews don't like him or his wife is because they are not doing what they are supposed to and are not taking their medications as prescribed! I give all of the staff props for having the patience to deal with some of the annoying drug addicts that are trying to abuse the services that this office provides. I have been going to Dr Sherman for like 3 years and I have never experienced anything like the reviews onthis website. As long as you are respectful to the staff they will treat u the same.

Good Doctor and love the staff and Jojo is the best show details Good Doctor and love the staff and Jojo is the best
May 2nd, 2011

Very good doctor and very helpful. In my time of need this doctor's office help so much. They have a staff member name Jojo. He is very caring and helpful. When I felt alone and sad with the changes in my health. With that smile and loving personality he me gave hope. The doctor is very intelligent an nice. Thank you guys very much. If you need a doctor he is the one.........

the blonde haired worker show details the blonde haired worker
Aug 20th, 2010

the blonde in his office is extremely rude to patients on the phone and in person.She yells there personal info and names. some day they will have a huge fine.She yells at the doctor and other staff members and talks about the patients at the door of the rooms there in very judgemental and controlling.and very loud.almost feels like you are being assaulted. Too bad because the doc is nice and caring along with everyone else. she is very hyper,crazed and can't possible have any education on the hippa privacy act. she does not care about sick people just being a bully to all.TOO BAD BECAUSE EVERY ONE ELSE IS NICE. she has to go.

The most unprofessional doctor and staff.... show details The most unprofessional doctor and staff....
by Avoid this Doctor on Jun 18th, 2010

I don't even know where to begin....The staff is rude, uneducated and incompetent. I am embarrassed for even visiting this doctor. The office is dirty and disgusting, there is a dog that wanders around the office unsupervised as well. Poor dog. The staff is known to listen to loud music and sit at the front desk with their feet up on the counter while patients wait. On many occasions I have witnessed patients being yelled at with an unnecessary aggression. You will be confused over many things when visiting this office, but mainly who is the actual doctor? Dr. Sherman is the one with the title but his wife/receptionist is the one who really runs the show. Not behind the scenes either....she often yells at him or cuts him down in front of the staff and patients in violent manners. The Dr. himself often complains about her treatment but is too scared to confront her. Don't be late for an appointment either....apparently this is a pet peave that the doc's wife really dislikes and takes personal. The only reason I went to this doctor in the first place was because I was looking for help and without insurance at the time I couldn't find another affordable option to get the care I needed. Care never happened, but five minute appointments to hand you a prescription usually did. Well, today I was late for my appointment. My fault, but it was difficult on the first day of summer to find a sitter for my child so I took him with me. My fault for being late regardless I admit. What a mistake it was to even go today, but most unfortunately that I took my son with me. The doctor made accusations that I had not been taking my medication as prescribed and before I could even begin to respond to the false accusation I was being yelled at by the receptionist/wife about what a liar I was and how she was going to take my child away from me. What?!?! I asked her to calm down and stop demanding things from me until I could understand what was going on - considering I had no idea what was going on, as I thought I was just visiting the doctor on a beautiful Friday morning. Each time I asked for clarity she refused and told me I was refusing to be cooperative. I was not. I stated specifically as much to them as well "I am not being uncooperative at all, I just ask that you calm down and explaiin to me what is going on here?" At three points during the conversation the Doctor himself actually defended me and disagreed on the way his wife/receptionist was twisting my words. Bottom line is that whether I did anything right or wrong (which I believe to be the first option completely) it is completely inappropriate for a family practitioner to belittle someone, scream and yell at them, all the while in front of a young child was clearly being disturbed by the incident. In fact he cried and cried when we left and wouldn't stop hugging me for quite sometime. He can hug me all he wants, but never again because of these people. I've heard this guy is a 'drug doctor' but I never had that experience with his prescribing methods - I did however feel such street level tactics used as customer service methods.

Worst experience ever!!!!!! show details Worst experience ever!!!!!!
Apr 14th, 2010

Rude and incompetant staff, who have made incorrect appointments on numerous occassions. Treat patients horrible and don't care about their patients well being. Worst doctor office and staff I have ever known. Do not go here if you want to be treated fairly and avoid any problems with appointments.

Jan 11th, 2010

horrible doctor, shill for the drug companies (everyone who i have talked to that has seen him is prescribed identical, brand-name drugs, and he will not allow the generic), seems to have no clue about medicine, horribly rude staff, i could go on forever... don't see this guy.

READ. show details READ.
by Ventura County Star on Nov 16th, 2009

I would not recommend this physician to anyone. He does not genuinly care about his patient's well- being.He is known as a 'drug-doctor'. Drug addicts go to him when they want to be prescribed medication(s). The only positive thing about this doctor is that he is the cheapest (ONLY WHEN IT COMES TO SUBOXIN/ drug addiction etc) in the whole county. 70$ visits. Although, he does not take all insurance. And his office charges 70$ for missed appointments (which is ridiculous). Of course, the reason he charges so cheap (for a suboxin doctor) is because he likes to get his patients hooked on these drugs, and he knows that people (especially addicts) cannot afford anything over 70$ a visit, so he conveniently sets his price, and waits for every addict to come to him.His small group of staff seem like they do not have a clue what they are talking about. Especially the nurses. His staff is often rude, as well.I would rate this doctor a 1/5. If that.Be aware.

very positive experience show details very positive experience
Apr 3rd, 2009

the therapy dog on site, Lady, was wonderful, the doctor was very helpful - the front desk was a little curt but overall a good appt