Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Dec 28th, 2015

Best Endo in Charlotte, maybe the country!

Wasted visit with this dr. show details Wasted visit with this dr.
by Michelle S. on Sep 22nd, 2015

Most memorable? Being told I should be HAPPY he refused to treat me because my lab numbers alone with medication were acceptable to HIM. ..... Being cut off when I tried to explain what measure i have taken.....having my abdomen palpitated on the table partially nude with only HIM...and ME...in the room...not EVEN looking at patient provided lab results that raise flags....after commenting that this visit was not necessary if he was not going to treat me and being told... "not wasted if it makes you FEEL better"....dr. offering no explanation of my condition at all.... dr. leaving the room for me to go to the exit desk and being told..."No, there is no paperwork for you...no exit papers...no diagnosis code sheets..NOTHING. Just go home and wait for the bill to arrive." ...not able to get comments in as I was constantly interrupted.... Absolutely tied with the most unprofessional "health care providers" i have ever been billed to see. As a medicare patient I was not a source of lucrative billing, I know. Should not matter. Wish I had reviewed this site prior to visit.

Adam Spitz Review show details Adam Spitz Review
Feb 7th, 2014

The Novant staff was great but consultation with Dr. Spitz was the most unprofessional and unhelpful medical visit I have been on. Save your money and go to a different endocrinologist.

Intelligent but lazy show details Intelligent but lazy
Jul 6th, 2013

Dr Spitz is very well educated. The unfortunate thing to be when you are especially in Medicine is Lazy. A few times that we saw him he was great , but other times he tried to brush certain issues of to my personal doc. The family doc is who sent me to see him, the Specialist. Yes he did the blood work and correct diagnosis once.

by David Brown on Apr 25th, 2013

I have waited a month for the results of an MRI ordered by Dr. Spitz with no response yet. To me this demonstrates lack of professionalism.

Arrogant, Dismissive Doctor show details Arrogant, Dismissive Doctor
Apr 27th, 2011

I went to go see Dr. Spitz several years ago and it was a VERY negative experience. I knew that something was wrong with me, I explained my symptoms/concerns in detail, and his response was--"must be stress, you need to take a vacation." When I tried to explain that wasn't the case, he just kept dismissing my concerns and harping on my "lifestyle" (meaning I was overworked). He was so arrogant and certain in his "opinion"--it was ridiculous. Of course, I left there, never went back to see him, went to a more thoughtful doctor and was immediately diagnosed with a symptomatic pituitary tumor which was subsequently removed, thus ending my symptoms. Spitz may be smart but that kind of arrogance is a dangerous thing.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse