Dr. Adam Tzagournis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 2nd, 2016
Very unprofessional
3 months ago, Dr. Tzagournis performed an upper endoscopy. At this point, after 3 months, numerous requests and completing pages of authorization forms neither me or my primary care physician have the results for this procedure and related lab work (for which my insurance company was billed over $6000.). No physician is good if you can't get any information on what is going on and how it could be treated. After all of this, his office called me to come in for a follow up procedure --- when I ask them why I should do that, they could not answer. No thank you, I will go to someone who can communicate and treat my disorder.

October 7th, 2015
His office has no urgency about any health issues you have....it takes numerous phone calls to get any response...I wait months for vital medicine preauthorization to get sent to insurance company only to find out that it never was submitted. Now I have to wait all over again....always told they're still waiting on insurance company when the insurance hasn't ever recieved the paperwork...if I would rate this overall doctor I was say I competent....malpractice waiting to happen...

April 26th, 2013
Keep looking
It's difficult to get an appointment unless you go to one of the many outlying clinics that the Tzagournis docs attend. Adam's medical assistant Sonia is fairly unresponsive to requests from patients and becomes obviously annoyed that you decided to take up a matter with her rather than wait a few weeks to ask the physician. She usually calls back in about a day. Adam has a better bedside manner than the other doctors in the group and would be a great Gastroenterologist if it were not for two issues. He does not have admission privileges anywhere but St. Anne's and Grant hospital. The biggest problem with Dr, Tzougournis, however, is that he is completely impervious when his patients are in pain. He will not prescribe pain medication, PERIOD! Either he does not want the visibility to the state or just doesn't believe that anyone is ever in pain. For those of us with Crohn's disease, he is not a good GI specialist to have when you are in a flare up condition. My advice is to wait the additional months that it would take to see someone else (outside of this group) who is more realistic and responsive regarding the pain associated with an acute flare up.

April 9th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Adam Tzagnournis to anyone looking for a good, reliable, supportive gastroenterologist doctor. I've been doctoring with him for couple years and every time I had an issue, he was on top of it. His doctor visits are short and to the point, but if you have questions/concerns he does his best to answer them or get the answers for you. I believe as long as he's my doctor I will be in good hands :)

January 15th, 2010
there are no words...
the best dr. in the world