Dr. Adebayo Akintobi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 18th, 2015
Mrs.
Dr. Akintobi has been my Primary Care Physician for many years. My experiences have been wonderful. He has dedicated time for me to answer and ask questions regarding my care. The follow up sirs have been prompt and he always asks if prescription are needed for renewal. We must always be amiable to delays in the office because emergencies do come up. I would appreciate my fellow patients allowing time for emergencies and/or prolonged visitations. One never knows when it might be "them" in the emergency situation.

March 26th, 2014
Unprofessional Office Staff
My mother is a patient at Dr. Akintobi's office and she has been going there for years. She was happy with the care she had received until recently. Today was the second incident that Dr. Akintobi said he would call in a prescription for her and didn't. She received a call from his office yesterday afternoon and she was told her prescription would be called in that afternoon. She called me this morning and asked me to check on it. I live in North Carolina so I can only call to ask if the prescription was called in and when it would be ready to pick up. It was never called in. I called the office at 1:30pm to find out when it would be called in and was told it would be this afternoon. The young lady that answered the phone was rude and very unprofessional. I couldn't believe Dr. Akintobi would employ someone that unprofessional. I asked if she would call the prescription into a different pharmacy that was closer to my mom's home since it had not be called in yet. I provided her the number of the pharmacy. She sounded like she really didn't care to take the information. When I thanked her, she just said "uh ha". She never thanked me or asked how my mother was doing. I called the pharmacy at 6:00pm this evening to find out when the prescription would be ready and they never received a call from Dr. Akintobi's office. So my mom never got her prescription. When I called my mom to tell her it wasn't called in, I couldn't reach her. I tried for 2 1/2 hours and finally called the local police to have an officer check on her. When the officer arrived, she didn't come to the door. Luckily a neighbor had a key and the officer was able to gain entry. My mom was found on the floor. She had fallen and couldn't get back up. EMS was called and she was transported to the ER. My mom is 79 years old and on dialysis. She was so weak from her illness that she fell. Had she been able to get her prescription yesterday and start taking the medication, this whole incident might not have happened. I personally hold Dr. Akintobi responsible for what happened to my mom and I can assure him he will not have to call in another prescription for her again. She is going to find another practice. As I said in the beginning, this was the second incident. The first incident she waited two days to get a prescription called in, which as just a few months ago.

January 3rd, 2014
IT manager
Dr.Akintobi is absolutely the BEST doctor in the state of Georgia. My only fear is that everyone will figure this out and increase my wait time:) my entire family goes to him including my parents.he has even made calls after hours to check on my sisters care. It is easy to write a recommendation when the service is steller.

May 6th, 2010
been there done that
would want as reg. doctors