3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
by Shomari Akil Hashim Jahi on Jun 24th, 2016

Dr. Adekunle Ajayi became my Psychiatrist and Psychopharmacologist eight months ago after I relocated to Henderson, NV from Virginia. Since I started under his care, I have gone from being a retired military veteran, ex-policeman and a lifetime athlete and sports enthusiast constrained by a state of mind where I was not able to motivate myself for four months to go to the gym or even for a walk to where I now workout almost daily. Thus, Dr. Ajayi is quite adept and skilled. Following my initial evaluation, he prescribed two medications that I had taken several years earlier at a beginning dosage that I was comfortable with. However, when I picked up the prescriptions, the Pharmacist, brimming with self-confidence, asked me whether I was sure I wanted to take both of the drugs together. He claimed the drugs were basically the same classification of drugs. I responded yes, I have taken that medication combination before. When I returned to Dr. Ajayi for my next visit, I informed him of the Pharmacists inquisition. Dr. Ajayi gave me the perfect responses to give the Pharmacist the next time he questioned my prescriptions. He advised me to tell the Pharmacist that according to my Psychiatrist the drugs are part of the same drug class but are different drugs and are prescribed for completely different conditions. He also had me tell the Pharmacist that until he, the Pharmacist, attends a medical school and complete seven years of internship and residency, he is not in a position to question the prescription decisions of a physician. Lastly, Dr. Ajayi told me to politely tell the Pharmacist that he promised to not start practicing Pharmacy Science if the Pharmacist promised to stop practicing medicine without a license. He has a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend Dr. Adekunle Ajayi. And as an added benefit his staff is very professional, attentive and pleasant.

USE AS LAST RESORT show details USE AS LAST RESORT
May 8th, 2016

Very impersonal fellow, 2.5 hour wait time (minimum) for EVERY appointment. Absolutely ludicrous.

Dr. Ajayi kept my PTSD in check! show details Dr. Ajayi kept my PTSD in check!
by H.R. In Henderson on May 3rd, 2016

Several doctors couldn't tell me why my anxiety attacks never stop or go away. I wasn't sure Dr. Ajayi would be any different. But I just moved to Henderson, and a church member here recommended him. By my third visit, I felt comfortable enough to share with him my horrible childhood, including several times I was physically and sexually assaulted. He was able to show me how that led to divorce after divorce, each of my ex-wife's said I was too difficult to live with. Dr. Ajayi gently encouraged me to quit drinking, which had been my way of self-medicating my terrible nightmares since I was in college, he said my medications would not work well until I stopped drinking. With combination of Prozac, Revia, Seroquel and Klonopin, I feel much better now. Dr. Ajayi trusted me not to misuse my Klonopin, he also referred me to a therapist whose very experienced with trauma victims like me. It's a bright new day! I'm sleeping better at night, anxiety is way down too. I recommend Dr. Ajayi to all. He listens, even when I go on and on, he gently guides me back on track.

Life saver show details Life saver
by Darren B. on Apr 5th, 2016 on doctor.com

If it weren't for the Dr I would still be unable to leave my house over a year before I found him he is amazing and really cares. Thanks Dr Ajayi for ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
by Darren on Apr 5th, 2016

Dr Ajayi is a life saver before i started going to him, i was lost in a Anxiety nightmare, I could not leave my house for over a year. I was afraid, i could not go to the store or even work or do anything i used to love to do due to severe panic attacks, but now i can leave my house go places he has helped me learn to deal with the attacks, i still struggle but like i said Dr Ajayi has changed my life. thank you so much

I recommend Dr. Ajayi! show details I recommend Dr. Ajayi!
by Mary on Apr 2nd, 2016

When I went to see Dr. Ajayi in his office in Henderson for the first time, I was so depressed and suicidal, my anxiety was sky high, medication after medication did not seem to work. I was initially discouraged when he explained that change in my medication was unlikely to help, but since he came highly recommended by so many other people, I reluctantly agreed with his advice to have electroconvulsive therapy or ECTT (shock therapy). And Electroconvulsive therapy worked so quickly for me! I'm back to normal, and can't thank Dr. Ajayi enough. He encouraged me to come in for my sessions with my family, so that we could come up with a safety plan when I was suicidal, and all be in the same page. His office staff are nice ladies too. I have recommended him to some friends and they all have good experience with him too.

Kind and experienced Doctor!!! show details Kind and experienced Doctor!!!
by S.J. on Apr 2nd, 2016

Dr. Ajayi got my treatment right! And his office manager Ellen and secretary Kayla are very nice and understanding people too. His nurse Karole takes her time talking to you, checking your weight and blood pressure, advising on exercise and diet. I have seen so many psychiatrists in Wisconsin and Las Vegas since I was a teenager, but all the medications didn't help with my anxiety and depression. First thing Dr. Ajayi asked me after listening to my long story: do you have mood swings, does your mind feel like it's racing, can you shut your mind down to get a good night sleep. I was amazed! My whole life had been a roller-coaster, always sad or always angry, then I have these highs where I'm spending money and gambling nonstop, then I crash and feel like crap again. Dr. Ajayi said I have bipolar and started me on Trileptal and Seroquel. Change is amazing! No more road rage or thinking life is not worth living. I'm sleeping well at night now. When I called for 1st appointment, the office was fully booked, but I was offered a "walk-in" appointment if I could wait to see Dr. Ajayi. I did and was seen on same day that I called. Other follow up sessions have been good too, even when I'm running late for hours, he still sees me.

Late Late Late show details Late Late Late
Apr 1st, 2016

This Dr. cannot keep his appointments as scheduled! If I have an appointment say at 10:30 am the Dr . does not show for 2-3 hours after my scheduled appointment. If there is an emergency such as being taken to the hospital the office staff requests the paperwork from the hospital, because you had an appointment that you had to cancel!! I know Dr.s get busy and sometimes run late but to wait every appointment for 2-3 hours to only speak to the Dr. for maybe 15 mins is ridiculous !!! All the office staff says is he is supposed to be here!! What kind of Dr. has his patients wait 2-3 hours EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT??? Or you pull up for your appointment and the Dr. is in his car and you still wait 2 hours for him to walk in the door!!!

Grateful to find Dr. Ajayi in Henderson show details Grateful to find Dr. Ajayi in Henderson
by Grateful patient in Henderson on Mar 30th, 2016

I'm grateful Dr. Ajayi is now my doctor. I could not find new psychiatrist for months after I moved to Henderson from California. Other doctors offices would not even call me back. He takes time to explain my condition and treatment to me.

A very nice man show details A very nice man
by Beth Z. on Mar 29th, 2016

Dr. Ajayi is a very easy to talk to and comfortable to be with. His office staff are really nice! At times you may have to wait past your appointment time but I think that is to be expected.

by Kristy Morgan on Mar 15th, 2016

Worse bedside manner ever! Won't look you in the eye when talking to you. Took no history when I went in. I found out he had been over charging me according to my insurance company and he refuses to repay me the more than $300.00 he owes me. But will only take cash for copays. He and staff both lied to me about insurance issue. I have all documentation to prove he owes me the money.

Best Doc in Henderson!!! show details Best Doc in Henderson!!!
by Jeannie on Mar 8th, 2016

I recommend Dr. Ajai!!! Dr. Ajai knows his stuff! He diagnose my bipolar and ADHD correctly, explained my test results to me, and gave me the right medicine. His office is cool too, and his secretary Alina is very kind, she calls me back whenever my pharmacy needs prior authorization for my Adderall. Nurse Karol is great, checks my BP and weight. I recommend him as the best in Henderson!

unprofessional doctor show details unprofessional doctor
by Unsatisfied patient on Mar 3rd, 2016

I have young son who is two and he is not allowed in his office. Anyways I had an appointment at 3:15pm so I got there at 2:45 pm and I waited over two hours plus well my husband who is bi-polar schizophrenia waited outside during that time. When I asked to reschedule his receptionist kept saying your next it will only take a few minutes I told her this was taking to long and her response was look the longer I am her the longer I don't see my kids but she gets paid for her time and when he did come out he raised his voice at me and wanted me to leave but I do a no show are if I am late he wants me to pay him $60.00 I should get the money for the irritation of waiting and them having NO consideration for patients with children this Doctor is a joke he graduated from Kaplan University that I don't think is accredited school I mean they even changed Kaplan college name because it is not that accredited would never recommend him if you can avoid seeing him please do in my opinion

Feb 5th, 2016

he saved my life helped me with a second chance

Jan 19th, 2016

Absolutely awful doctor. No interest in the wellbeing of his patients or how he comes across. Stay away at all costs.

Incompetent and nasty rude show details Incompetent and nasty rude
by Whatever on Dec 2nd, 2015

He was a condescending, pretentious cad, with absolutely no respect and by far the worst bedside manner of any psychiatrist I have ever encountered. He told me within seconds that my diagnoses were incorrect before he even assessed me; he was unbelievably crass and ignorant, possessing zero capability of conversing with a patient in an appropriate manner. I've never been so disgusted with a doctor's lack of professionalism in all of the time I've been seeing one. Judging by his ratings from every other site by previous patients, everyone appears to be on the same page. It's quite comical that this doctor thinks he can carry on this way. What a sad, miserable man. Just like the other woman stated, DO NOT go to this doctor.

Oct 14th, 2015

Dr Ajayi is never in the office. The average wait time is 3-4 hours if he shows up at all. The most time he has spent with me is 15 minutes.

#1 Psych Doctor in Vegas! show details #1 Psych Doctor in Vegas!
Jun 30th, 2015

I recommend Dr. Ajayi to all my friends & family members. Because he's the best psychologist doctor in Vegas! He listens to you, explains your prognosis & why he's prescribing whatever medications for you, and pros and cons of the medications. He became my doctor in the hospital when I was suicidal, helped me regain my emotional balance. I have continued treatment in his office, first at Eldora & Jones, now at his Henderson office. I understand the waiting time in his office, he starts hospital rounds at 7am, before going to his office, then goes back to hospital to see any newly admitted patients. When I was on admission in hospital on suicide watch, the nurses told me "you're lucky dr. Ajayi is your doctor, he's here from 7am to almost midnight, 7 days a week. I admire his dedication! When he said he was closing his office last December, because it was getting too much for him, with hospital work, I almost had another nervous breakdown, after being stable for more than 5 years. A lot of us his patients were so relieved when he changed his mind, and opened his new ultra-modern office in Henderson. I'm a school teacher, and I've seen so many professionals, lawyers, cops, doctors, nurses, engineers who I met as fellow-patients in dr. Ajayi's office, and we all agree that he's the best in his field!

I recommend Dr. Ajayi show details I recommend Dr. Ajayi
by Derrick Z. on May 19th, 2015

I'm a school teacher who's suffered severe episodic depression, for which I'm grateful to Dr. Ajayi for adding Abilify to my Wellbutrin. I've been symptom-free for two years now, and I see him for 3-monthly checks. I'm surprised by the woman who was angry because the doctor charges for paperwork for her job, that's standard practice in most doctor's offices, and Dr. Ajayi has a reputation for discouraging frivolous requests for time off work, he's very ethical and explained to me when I was feeling stressed by my school principal who was harassing me, that my appropriate options were to seek redress through the school board, or obtain legal advice, or look for a new job, rather than "hide behind a doctor's sick note to stay off work indefinite". He's very knowledgeable, fair and polite. I read reviews from some of my fellow patients- the parent who unfairly blamed the doctor for his schizophrenic son's not telling the doctor the truth - the doctor isn't a mind-reader, and unlikely to be able to help your son if your son is uncooperative and untruthful with the doctor. There's also a man who wanted the doctor to counsel him - Dr. Ajayi is a psychiatrist, not a psychologist, I sympathize with the man for wrongly assuming that psychiatrists do counseling, psychiatrists diagnose patients and prescribe medications, they don't do therapy. I also read an angry review by a man who appears to have been angry with Dr. Ajayi for not prescribing benzodiazepine (narcotic sedatives), again Dr. Ajayi has a reputation for being conservative and cautious about prescribing those kind of potentially addictive medications. In fact, when he had to prescribe some Xanax for my panic attacks, he ran a pharmacy report on me, to make sure that I hadn't been abusing any narcotics, and politely explained this to me. I find it amusing that my fellow patients sometimes complain about the waiting time in the doctors office, and then when they go into his office, they spend like forever, which I'm sure contributes to the next patient having to wait longer. I've been in treatment with Dr. Ajayi since 2010, and know that he listens to all what I have to say to him, I have referred several coworkers, friends and family members to him, and we all highly recommend him! When he moved his office to Henderson, most of us who live closer to his old office near Jones & Sahara preferred to continue treatment with him, despite his new office being far from us, because he's a competent, dedicated and caring doctor! His new office in Henderson is super-cool, his secretary Eileena is such a sweet, amazing, and helpful lady, she resolved all my pharmacy authorization problems quickly, and she even arranged my been seen by the doctor in his Friday walk-In clinic without an appointment.

Best Doc Ever! show details Best Doc Ever!
by T.E. on May 16th, 2015

I first treated by Dr Ajyai when I was admitted to hospital for severe depression with suicide thoughts. Other patients told me he actually listens to your problems, even though he's not a counselor. And I felt comfortable telling him how my mom's boyfriend sexually abused me from age 7-11, he diagnosed me with PTSD, and arranged consultation with the alcohol addiction social worker who hooked me up with AA meetings. I've not touched alcohol since I started AA meetings, Revia prescribed by doc had virtually eliminated my cravings for vodka, I'm now 4 months sober, after 27 years of self-medicating my flashbacks and nightmares with 2 pints of vodka nightly. I switched from my outside doc to Dr. Ajyai, love his new Henderson office, atmosphere there is so soothing and peaceful. I know the doc has to do hospital rounds before coming to the office, so I don't mind the wait to see him in his office. He remembered my partners recent surgery, and asked how he's doing, showed me that he's caring, and not just about money. Bad dreams are gone with Prazosin. His receptionist Helena is a caring polite helpful lady, just like her boss.

by Mad in Nevada on May 12th, 2015

I got to my appt on time at 1:00pm there was a man who had been there since 12:15pm and a lady who had the same appt time as me. we waited till 3:10pm before I could not take it anymore and left.The receptionist said all co-pays had to be in cash and I had paperwork to be filled out for my job and they said he charged $50.00 per page. I've never seen such a racket. I will never go there again.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by I was lost on May 2nd, 2015

Dr. Ayai, was compassionate, understanding and did not judge or make me feel like I am strange. He prescribed new combination of medications that actually worked for me. I feel like a different person. I did wait longer than expected, staff was great! I would definitely recommend Dr. Ajayi.

Dr. Ajay is the best! show details Dr. Ajay is the best!
by Samuel E. on Apr 13th, 2015

Compassionate, kind & experience doctor

patient x show details patient x
Feb 27th, 2015

Have been depressed my whole life and basically self medicated to no avail. Had tried therapy many times in life (I'm 50) but it wasn't a talking thing. Was honest with Dr. Ajayi and he listened without being judgmental. The medication he prescribed seems to work very well for me and as a bonus helped me stop drinking (can't mix with med and no longer need it to go to sleep) and is helping me quit smoking (along with patch - no more anxiety or agitation triggers). The only side effects that I have noticed is some grogginess in the morning and a serious case of the munchies. Subjective as an experience may be, I would consider my own to have been very productive. I cannot stress the non-judgmental listening factor enough. I felt like he understood my issue and prescribed the right medication for me. I would recommend him.

Inconsiderate show details Inconsiderate
by T.L. on Dec 3rd, 2014

This dr. thinks a patient's time is not as important as his. He was 4 HOURS LATE for my appointment. I left and came back as the receptionist advised. After I got back, he took a cigarette break, then there were no patients for him but he still made me wait 1/2 hour longer. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

Kind & knowledgeable doc! show details Kind & knowledgeable doc!
by Maria O. on Aug 6th, 2014

Doc is thorough, knows his stuff! Explained my condition & other possible causes of my depression to me. Confirmed that I may also have adult ADHD - all my 4 kids have Adhd, he gave me several treatment & medication options, he also advised referring me to a good therapist (Dawn S. she's great too). I recommend him to everyone, he makes you feel in control of your treatment & life. Worth the 30 minute wait, especially now that I understand that he does hospital rounds before coming to his office every day. Very dedicated doc. On my 4th visit, I also found out that he will allow his patients to show up for same day appts, if they're in crisis or running out of medications - this increased my appreciation of his concern for his patients, and made it easier for me to tolerate the long wait to see him, the woman ahead of me was bawling her eyes out, and showed up without an appt, the doctors secretary Samantha consulted with doc, who came out and asked if he could see the woman before me, she reminded me of how I was an emotional wreck before Dr. Ajay "fixed" me, so I told her to go ahead of me. Thank you for giving me my life back Dr. Ajay!

Help, finally! show details Help, finally!
by Nina H on Mar 8th, 2014

I've been suffering from depression & anxiety for several years, treatment by many doctors didn't help. Dr. AJ correctly diagnosed me with bipolar disorder, I've never felt better in my life! My kids say I'm a totally new super mom. He saved my life, and my marriage!

Thorough & kind doc show details Thorough & kind doc
by David G on Feb 24th, 2014

Diagnosed me correctly. Polite. Respectful doc

Like This Dr. show details Like This Dr.
by Melissa B. on Feb 9th, 2014

He immediately stated he was recommending a therapist for a regular consultation since he is only working to prescribe medication for the immediate solution. Follow up visits to inquire if medication/dosage is working and adjusts accordingly. He is polite and always listens to everything I have to say. Staff is friendly and helps me get issues resolved with my pharmacy. With three visits, two out of three I had to wait more than 30 minutes with the 3rd being exactly on time.

Bad Experience show details Bad Experience
Oct 3rd, 2012

This doctor gave up on me when I needed help.

2 minutes is not enough time show details 2 minutes is not enough time
Jul 9th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Ajayi twice. The first time for anxiety and irritability he prescribed Lexapro and Klonopin. The Klonopin increased my irritability a lot. I called and requested a sooner appointment than my follow-up. I waited (for both appts) more than 30 minutes after my scheduled time. This second time he didn't believe me that the Klonopin increased irritability, but it did - and I read that could be one of the side effects. He then wanted to put me on mood stabilizers instead of attempting another benzo. I told him no, I did not want a mood stabilizer. He immediately responded, 'do you want to get better?' I said, yes, but not that route. He got up from his desk and proceeded to walk out stating there was nothing else he could do. I said it had only been two minutes...he said, 'I don't need more time.' I would never recommend this doctor at all.

Incompetent show details Incompetent
May 10th, 2012

We brought our son who has demonstrated everysymptom for schizophrenia. He lied and manipulated throughout the interview and Dr.Ajayi basically said he couldn't help him ifour son didn't come out and say what was wrong.A complete incompetent.

does not take time to listen show details does not take time to listen
by Anonymous on Apr 20th, 2009 on doctor.com

He talks to you for five minutes and then prescribes you medication when it is not even what you need.

Read Full Review at doctor.com