Dr. Adekunle Ajayi MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 38 reviews

January 13th, 2017
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR
He is only interested in your money! Spends no time, doesn't take proper medical history then asked me why I didn't tell him something 2 visits later when I had written it on my new patient paper work. Then over billed me and refused to repay me. I had to got to insurance company cooperate office to get my refund from him. He and his office staff lied to me about the billing process on several occasion.

November 7th, 2016
Best doctor I've ever seen
I cannot stress this enough from the office staff to Dr. AJ hands-down the best I've been to five different doctors before him end it was a complete nightmare hands-down the best doctor I ever been to and I will never change thank you Dr. AJ

November 3rd, 2016
I can think clearly now!!!!!
I took my 19 year old son to the doctors office for ADHD testing. As I sat in on the testing, it gradually dawned on me that I had similar problems to what the doctor was asking my son about. I spent 7 years in college to get my 4-year Bachelors degree, even though I was a full time student, I always struggled with exams because I never had enough time to finish the questions, even though I knew the answers to most questions. My mind 'zoned out' during lectures, my friends used to make jokes about my always being in La La land, I was always day dreaming. Family members used to tease me about my habit of finishing their sentences during conversations, which was nothing new - I constantly got into trouble in grade school for impulsively blurting out answers before the teachers finished asking the questions. My parents were frustrated because my report cards always had the same comments by different teachers - 'she is yet to reach her full potential, just needs to pay more attention in class, bright kid, but needs to focus on her class work and stop helping other students with their own class work'. As an adult, I couldn't keep jobs for long, even though I was hardworking. I was always late, left work assignments to the last minute, I was so disorganized, I jumped from one project to another, but never finished any on time. Coworkers openly dreaded working with me, I always let them down due to never finishing any assignments on time. At home, I'd start making dinner for my husband and kids, wander over to the laundry room, then remember that I had to tidy up my garage, by the end of the day nothing was completed. My kids and husband hated watching home movies with me, I always stood up in the middle of a movie to go do Something, then I'd come back and start asking questions about what part of the movie I'd missed. Ugghh! To make a long story short, I broke down in tears when I got home after leaving office the doctors office with my son, I realized that I had adult ADHD that was way worse than my son's. I called the doctors office 2 weeks later to make an appointment, not for my son, but myself. The doctor tested me for ADHD, gave me a prescription for Adderall. Oh boy, my life changed miraculously within a week on the Adderall. I just got a recent promotion as a manager at work, after 4 months of back to back best sales figures in my company. I'm very grateful to the doctor and his secretary Elena for giving me a new, bright, and ORGANIZED life!!!

November 3rd, 2016
Waiting times.
I live Dr Ajayl as my psychiatrist but the waiting times are terrible , even when you have an appt. he is never at his office on time and I have waited 5 hrs after my appt time to see him. I always make my appts on my day off as I know I'll have along wait. Very frustrating, but I have to wait as I need my medications. He has helped me immensely with my mental health , but wait times are awful.

September 7th, 2016
patients
He is a good doctor. He listens and understandsee what you are saying.

June 24th, 2016
Highly Recommended
Dr. Adekunle Ajayi became my Psychiatrist and Psychopharmacologist eight months ago after I relocated to Henderson, NV from Virginia. Since I started under his care, I have gone from being a retired military veteran, ex-policeman and a lifetime athlete and sports enthusiast constrained by a state of mind where I was not able to motivate myself for four months to go to the gym or even for a walk to where I now workout almost daily. Thus, Dr. Ajayi is quite adept and skilled. Following my initial evaluation, he prescribed two medications that I had taken several years earlier at a beginning dosage that I was comfortable with. However, when I picked up the prescriptions, the Pharmacist, brimming with self-confidence, asked me whether I was sure I wanted to take both of the drugs together. He claimed the drugs were basically the same classification of drugs. I responded yes, I have taken that medication combination before. When I returned to Dr. Ajayi for my next visit, I informed him of the Pharmacists inquisition. Dr. Ajayi gave me the perfect responses to give the Pharmacist the next time he questioned my prescriptions. He advised me to tell the Pharmacist that according to my Psychiatrist the drugs are part of the same drug class but are different drugs and are prescribed for completely different conditions. He also had me tell the Pharmacist that until he, the Pharmacist, attends a medical school and complete seven years of internship and residency, he is not in a position to question the prescription decisions of a physician. Lastly, Dr. Ajayi told me to politely tell the Pharmacist that he promised to not start practicing Pharmacy Science if the Pharmacist promised to stop practicing medicine without a license. He has a great sense of humor. I would highly recommend Dr. Adekunle Ajayi. And as an added benefit his staff is very professional, attentive and pleasant.

May 8th, 2016
USE AS LAST RESORT
Very impersonal fellow, 2.5 hour wait time (minimum) for EVERY appointment. Absolutely ludicrous.

May 3rd, 2016
Dr. Ajayi kept my PTSD in check!
Several doctors couldn't tell me why my anxiety attacks never stop or go away. I wasn't sure Dr. Ajayi would be any different. But I just moved to Henderson, and a church member here recommended him. By my third visit, I felt comfortable enough to share with him my horrible childhood, including several times I was physically and sexually assaulted. He was able to show me how that led to divorce after divorce, each of my ex-wife's said I was too difficult to live with. Dr. Ajayi gently encouraged me to quit drinking, which had been my way of self-medicating my terrible nightmares since I was in college, he said my medications would not work well until I stopped drinking. With combination of Prozac, Revia, Seroquel and Klonopin, I feel much better now. Dr. Ajayi trusted me not to misuse my Klonopin, he also referred me to a therapist whose very experienced with trauma victims like me. It's a bright new day! I'm sleeping better at night, anxiety is way down too. I recommend Dr. Ajayi to all. He listens, even when I go on and on, he gently guides me back on track.

April 5th, 2016
Life saver
If it weren't for the Dr I would still be unable to leave my house over a year before I found him he is amazing and really cares. Thanks Dr Ajayi for ...

April 5th, 2016
Dr Ajayi is a life saver before i started going to him, i was lost in a Anxiety nightmare, I could not leave my house for over a year. I was afraid, i could not go to the store or even work or do anything i used to love to do due to severe panic attacks, but now i can leave my house go places he has helped me learn to deal with the attacks, i still struggle but like i said Dr Ajayi has changed my life. thank you so much

April 2nd, 2016
I recommend Dr. Ajayi!
When I went to see Dr. Ajayi in his office in Henderson for the first time, I was so depressed and suicidal, my anxiety was sky high, medication after medication did not seem to work. I was initially discouraged when he explained that change in my medication was unlikely to help, but since he came highly recommended by so many other people, I reluctantly agreed with his advice to have electroconvulsive therapy or ECTT (shock therapy). And Electroconvulsive therapy worked so quickly for me! I'm back to normal, and can't thank Dr. Ajayi enough. He encouraged me to come in for my sessions with my family, so that we could come up with a safety plan when I was suicidal, and all be in the same page. His office staff are nice ladies too. I have recommended him to some friends and they all have good experience with him too.

April 2nd, 2016
Kind and experienced Doctor!!!
Dr. Ajayi got my treatment right! And his office manager Ellen and secretary Kayla are very nice and understanding people too. His nurse Karole takes her time talking to you, checking your weight and blood pressure, advising on exercise and diet. I have seen so many psychiatrists in Wisconsin and Las Vegas since I was a teenager, but all the medications didn't help with my anxiety and depression. First thing Dr. Ajayi asked me after listening to my long story: do you have mood swings, does your mind feel like it's racing, can you shut your mind down to get a good night sleep. I was amazed! My whole life had been a roller-coaster, always sad or always angry, then I have these highs where I'm spending money and gambling nonstop, then I crash and feel like crap again. Dr. Ajayi said I have bipolar and started me on Trileptal and Seroquel. Change is amazing! No more road rage or thinking life is not worth living. I'm sleeping well at night now. When I called for 1st appointment, the office was fully booked, but I was offered a "walk-in" appointment if I could wait to see Dr. Ajayi. I did and was seen on same day that I called. Other follow up sessions have been good too, even when I'm running late for hours, he still sees me.