Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
 |  Inconsiderate  |  show details
by T.L. on Dec 3rd, 2014

This dr. thinks a patient's time is not as important as his. He was 4 HOURS LATE for my appointment. I left and came back as the receptionist advised. After I got back, he took a cigarette break, then there were no patients for him but he still made me wait 1/2 hour longer. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

|  Kind & knowledgeable doc!  |  show details
by Maria O. on Aug 6th, 2014

Doc is thorough, knows his stuff! Explained my condition & other possible causes of my depression to me. Confirmed that I may also have adult ADHD - all my 4 kids have Adhd, he gave me several treatment & medication options, he also advised referring me to a good therapist (Dawn S. she's great too). I recommend him to everyone, he makes you feel in control of your treatment & life. Worth the 30 minute wait, especially now that I understand that he does hospital rounds before coming to his office every day. Very dedicated doc. On my 4th visit, I also found out that he will allow his patients to show up for same day appts, if they're in crisis or running out of medications - this increased my appreciation of his concern for his patients, and made it easier for me to tolerate the long wait to see him, the woman ahead of me was bawling her eyes out, and showed up without an appt, the doctors secretary Samantha consulted with doc, who came out and asked if he could see the woman before me, she reminded me of how I was an emotional wreck before Dr. Ajay "fixed" me, so I told her to go ahead of me. Thank you for giving me my life back Dr. Ajay!

|  Help, finally!  |  show details
by Nina H on Mar 8th, 2014

I've been suffering from depression & anxiety for several years, treatment by many doctors didn't help. Dr. AJ correctly diagnosed me with bipolar disorder, I've never felt better in my life! My kids say I'm a totally new super mom. He saved my life, and my marriage!

|  Thorough & kind doc  |  show details
by David G on Feb 24th, 2014

Diagnosed me correctly. Polite. Respectful doc

|  Like This Dr.  |  show details
by Melissa B. on Feb 9th, 2014

He immediately stated he was recommending a therapist for a regular consultation since he is only working to prescribe medication for the immediate solution. Follow up visits to inquire if medication/dosage is working and adjusts accordingly. He is polite and always listens to everything I have to say. Staff is friendly and helps me get issues resolved with my pharmacy. With three visits, two out of three I had to wait more than 30 minutes with the 3rd being exactly on time.

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

This doctor gave up on me when I needed help.

|  2 minutes is not enough time  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Ajayi twice. The first time for anxiety and irritability he prescribed Lexapro and Klonopin. The Klonopin increased my irritability a lot. I called and requested a sooner appointment than my follow-up. I waited (for both appts) more than 30 minutes after my scheduled time. This second time he didn't believe me that the Klonopin increased irritability, but it did - and I read that could be one of the side effects. He then wanted to put me on mood stabilizers instead of attempting another benzo. I told him no, I did not want a mood stabilizer. He immediately responded, 'do you want to get better?' I said, yes, but not that route. He got up from his desk and proceeded to walk out stating there was nothing else he could do. I said it had only been two minutes...he said, 'I don't need more time.' I would never recommend this doctor at all.

|  Incompetent  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

We brought our son who has demonstrated everysymptom for schizophrenia. He lied and manipulated throughout the interview and Dr.Ajayi basically said he couldn't help him ifour son didn't come out and say what was wrong.A complete incompetent.

|  does not take time to listen  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 20th, 2009 on doctor.com

He talks to you for five minutes and then prescribes you medication when it is not even what you need.

Read Full Review at doctor.com