The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Adil Akhtar
Dr. Adil Akhtar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sterling Heights, MI, with another office in Sterling Heights, MI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Akhtar is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital,Troy, Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak and Crittenton Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Akhtar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Adil Akhtar has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment...
Dr. Adil Akhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sterling Heights, MI.
Dr. Mitchell Folbe
Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Sterling Heights, MI 0.01 mi25
Dr. Richard Herbert
Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
Sterling Heights, MI 0.01 mi42
Dr. Amr Abbas
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology
Sterling Heights, MI 0.01 mi24