Dr. Adly Thebaud MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

November 30th, 2015
Dont wate your time and money
1st off you will never actually see a psych. nurse practioners handle the patients. You could be on the verge of a nervous breakdown and they absolutely will not prescribe any effective anxiety med's. The med's they presscribe are archaic and take weeks if not months to work if they work at all

August 23rd, 2015
Ex-patient
Dr Thebaud has 3 priorities: 1) money 2) money 3) money.

March 9th, 2015
Have taken my son to see this group for several years now and they are just the best. The Sanford office is where he goes. Dr. Romain and Dr. T are the kindest, most helpful doctors. Karen, the office manager is an angel and goes out of her way to make sure everything is in order! They really do listen and work with you to make sure everything is progressing. I have had no complaints in all these years. Once they were re-staffing the front office, that became a problem until they found the "right fit" I think they worked that out, it had no reflection on the doctors though. They couldn't help that, the staff now is great!! really, you don't have to go anywhere else when trying to find a doctor in this area once you've found this one.

February 12th, 2014
Extremely dissatisfied; very poor quality care. Don't recommend.
I agree with the other negative reviewers. I saw Dr. Thebaud for depression and severe anxiety. I was first prescribed Zoloft but had an utterly horrible response to this SSRI. My anxiety worsened to the point of almost admitting myself to the hospital. But when I called to report the horrible effects- as the medication insert said to do - I was told that the Dr. was "out of town". Now when I finally got in to see him a week later, I spent most of the time with the nurse practitioner who I will say, was very kind and compassionate. Then back to Thebaud for 5 minutes and a change of SSRI. And for my still severe anxiety at this point? Buspirone - an ultra slow acting, modest anxiety drug that takes about 2 weeks to take effect! Totally incompetent on the Dr.'s part. I was in great pain and anguish and needed appropraite anti-anxiety meds at THAT time, not medicine that required a two week waiting period. (Imagine giving a person with a broken leg medicine that takes a few weeks to alleviate the pain??!) It is unconscionable. Incidentally, the MERCK manual advises that SSRI's can be combined with anti-anxiety medication the first few weeks of therapy because anti-depressants often worsen anxiety before alleviating it. Apparently Dr. Thebaud skipped this class. Consequently, I do not recommend this physician.

June 30th, 2013
Real Review
I have been a patient with Dr. Thebauld for over 6 years and will be stopping soon. The wait time is at a minimum of 30 minutes. I have waited an hour to an hour and a half to see him. I believe a few times of two hours. These were for appointments scheduled months before. His office has also canceled and rescheduled appointments for me, without getting my approval, I have never heard of this. I had an appointment scheduled for a certain time because I was busy before and after that allotted time, yet they chose to reschedule me to a busy time without getting my confirmation of the time. I had an appointment set for a certain time, his staff scheduled me to an earlier time that I was busy during, and when I came in it turned out they gave me appointment time to somebody else. He is a terrible listener, which is why I wrote "Real Review" as the title of my review. I am almost certain the majority of the reviews on here are not real, as there are some positives to this doctor, but good listener is NOT one of them. You pay a large sum of money to sit in his office for 10 to 15 minutes while he simply prescribes you to medications and sends you on your way. Don't believe me? If you decide to see this doctor after reading all these negative reviews, simply go and see how it is. He will not keep you in his office longer than 20 minutes, and he will only medicate you, or maybe pawn you off to one of his therapists who charge an exorbitant amount of money just to have one session. (double the normal fee of therapist that would be more qualified) The wait time will never be shorter than 30 minutes, I have never seen him in under 30 minutes from my scheduled appointment time. If you ignore these warnings then just see how everything I just said will come true. I honestly don't mind the wait time, but what is the point of scheduling an appointment if it is NEVER (not once in over 6 years with him) started at the scheduled time? If you tell him ANYTHING, he will NOT remember the next time you see him. I talked to him about something for the duration of an appointment, and when I mentioned it next time he completely forgot about it. The worst health professional I have seen before.

September 24th, 2012
I was told by Dr. Thebaud and his staff that they would follow up on some paperwork in a matter of weeks and get back to me. Six months later I still had not heard a word. He has an issue with understanding simple requests as well. Terrible choice for a doctor.

February 23rd, 2012
Always busy
Wait time was horrible. Sometimes they would say I didn't even have an appt that day despite them calling me the day before to "remind" me. Alot times they "forget" you are waiting. Numerous times I waited over an hour to be seen. Always upping my meds when I was wanting to get off. Only saw Thebaud once and then pawned off to his helpers. Hate that place. Not recommend to anyone.

February 23rd, 2012
Outstanding Psychiatric Office
I have been a patient for a few years with Family Psychiatric Services. I think Dr. Thebaud, Dr. Romain & Kelly Otero,ARNP are excellent providers. I understand emergencies come up & there may be a wait. I have had a emergency & was scheduled that day. Also seeing a ARNP who is so knowlegable with Psych patients is such a plus & Kelly is so willing to spend time & explain my medications. The wait time has gotten so much better. The support staff has been the same for years. The office manager is always available if I need to talk to her.

January 24th, 2012
$250.00 to see a NURSE
This office represents itsef as a psychiatric practice. In fact they will charge you $250. to see an ARNP. For those who may not know what that is, it is a NURSE!! This is unethical!! You or your insurance provider are paying to see a specialized physician but you are seeing a NURSE!! Save your money and go to the walk-in clinic at any Publix or Walgreens!!

July 1st, 2011
Overall Satisfied
I have been seeing Dr. Thebaud for a few years now. I even moved to a different county and choose to drive to see him for care each month. I do this because I am comfortable with him treating me and don't think I could find a doctor I like more closer to home. There has been once where he tried to get me to see his nurse practitioner on my next visit, but I said I would not be okay with this, so he continues to see my himself. My needs were put first.

March 8th, 2011
Most of the negative things I read here are true. He seems to care more about the money than his patients. I thought a doctor of his type was there to help you sort out your problems and not just to prescribe medicine. On one occasion, he did see me the same day when I was having a problem. He is very slow to fill out paperwork needed for insurance and did not have it ready in the 2 days he said he would. It actually took him 8 days. When you call his office, you get voice mail. You leave a message, and the 3 times I did this, no one ever returned my call. The doctor I used to go to didn't charge me anything to fill out paperwork for disability insurance and Dr.Thebaud charged me $100.00. then took 8 days to get it back to me. My other doctor left private practice, and this doctor will not prescribe the same meds, that helped me and made me able to go back to work. Because of this I have been out of work longer than I should have been and because of his lateness filling out my papers for disability, I haven't received a dime from the insurance company yet. They probably needed more information, and he takes forever to do it. I will probably switch doctors soon. I also know other people who have gone to him and their opinion of him is not favorable either.

March 7th, 2011
Very happy with Dr. T
Dr. T is a really good and caring Doctor. I would recommend him to any one. Very sensitive and listens really well, and cares about patients problems. The meds have been working like a charm for a year and a half now.