A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Adnan Akhtar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Adnan Akhtar, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Blood Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar graduated from Rawalpindi Medical College.
Dr. Akhtar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Florida Hospital
- Florida Hospital Kissimmee
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akhtar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Adnan B. Akhtar practice?
Dr. Adnan Akhtar practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Surgery near Kissimmee, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Orange City, FL and Saint Cloud, FL.
See Kissimmee Internists, Kissimmee Oncologists, Kissimmee Hematologists, and Kissimmee Surgeons.