Dr. Adnan Arif MD Patient Reviews

3.9

May 14th, 2016
find a different psychiatrist
go to someone else. period. Guy is a total jerk to patients.

November 17th, 2015
Worst physch dr. ever. Using patients to his monetary advantage. Don't even bother trying to get a hold of him if you need help, he will not respond. When asking a number my wife could reach him at he said he is too busy and probably cannot receive calls and he would call her. I am looking into how to report this guy for neglect. Avoid at all costs! Oh and he does not know medicine he prescribed her a medication which has major interactions with her other medication she could have died had I not read up on it. He should be behind bars.

May 14th, 2014
One of the best doctors I've seen.
Dr. Arif a phenomenal physician. I've been through a number of psychiatrists in my lifetime and he's the best I've found so far. What separates him from the rest is his investment in his patients. Many psychiatrists have you in and out and five minutes and are writing your prescription as you're still talking. Dr. Arif listens to what I say, he prints out articles that are relevant to my diagnoses, and he takes the time necessary to help me. Sometimes he runs late but it's because he wants to give his patients the best care that he can. Unlike many doctors, his heart is in the right place. And his English is impeccable.

April 3rd, 2014
Excellent Psychiatrist
I have been a cancer patient for many years. I have seen a few different therapists and a couple Psychiatrists through the years. Admittedly I can be a challenging patient; I'm well educated, experienced and obstinate. Dr. Arif is trustworthy, intelligent, straight forward, firm when needed and still maintains kindness and concern. Additionally, his staff is very knowledgeable & supportive. I associated with him through Palos Hospital, where I have always received excellent care.

September 25th, 2013
big mistake
I was taken to palos hospital, I suffer from chronic pain. Polyneuropathy in other diseases classified elsewhere - Primary Meralgia paresthetica of left side Meralgia paresthetica of right side Back pain, chronic Insomnia Restless legs I have the spinal cord stimulator and the pain pump. this diagnosis was made at the NEURO PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY 675 N St Clair St so after finding out that I had been misdiagnosed at rush for 13 years, I lost it! I did in fact take to many meds!!! SO AT PALOS I was admitted in the hospital for Pneumonia and for good reason adnan came to see me. I will not call him a doctor! he stopped all my meds I was on hydromorphone, quetapine fumarate and zolpidem tartrate while I was in the hospital he stopped all meds! I again suffer from chronic pain and he told me he could help! I went through at that hospital coming off those meds with NO HELP was cruel to say the least. He told me that it was in my head and I needed to go to the rehab program at palos hospital..he would restart some meds after I signed myself into the phsy ward...after 2 days of no sleep, not able to eat and at that point not thinking real clear I signed myself in...BIG mistake I again clearly have pain problems, and for him to make me feel nothing more than a crack head is a crime!!! I am now plugged into northwestern hospital and working again. I take the meds and my pain is getting somewhat under control, I am hopeful The DOCTORS I am working with now really know their stuff...CHRONIC PAIN is real because I do not have a cast or something that shows up in an x-ray does not mean that I do not and did not suffer for 13 years...who knows how my life whould have been if I were diagnosed right in the first place!

February 4th, 2013
fixing me
Dr. Arif has been very helpful over the past 15 months. By now- he knows what he's doing as far as medication regulation when needed. He's definately helping me so much. Especially after being sick for so long.